[US - Alliance Blackrock] Prodigy - 9/12 HM25 - PST

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

[US - Alliance Blackrock] Prodigy - 9/12 HM25 - PST

Postby theckhd » Sat May 15, 2010 10:53 am

Prodigy [US - Blackrock] is looking for another good tank.

Looking For:
While my warrior DPS wants me to look for a "sunder bitch," a Paladin, Druid, or DK would be fine too. I'd love a Draenei for the hit buff, but again, I'm more interested in picking up an excellent player than I am in race or class.

My current tanking corps is myself, two druids, and one DK. However, one of the druids will be MIA on and off now due to RL, I will be MIA for about a week in early June as I move apartments, and the other Druid and DK are two of my best DPS players. We've decided that there's room on the roster for another full-time, main-spec tank to make sure our raiding schedule isn't interrupted. If we end up with too many tanks, I can always spec Ret and faceroll my way to victory as well.

While you wouldn't need to have a strong off-spec, we prefer to have versatile players who can fill multiple roles. Having a geared and experienced Holy or Ret off-spec would be an advantage (similarly for other classes).

Relevant Info about Prodigy:
-9/12 Hard Modes ICC25
-11/12 Hard Modes ICC10, with 10-man drakes completed.

-Raid Times:
Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs 5:30PM-9:30PM ST (PDT, so 8:30-12:30 for us east-coasters)

Tue/Wed/Thurs are our main 25-man progression nights. Sun/Mon are usually set aside for 10-man groups, so these are technically "optional" nights unless you're part of one of the regular groups (though one is looking for a tank iirc). We have on occasion run 25-man on Monday to finish out an instance if we don't do so by Thursday, though this is usually announced ahead of time (both in-raid and via GMOTD).

-One of the oldest guilds on Blackrock, formed the day after release. Gtech (who stalks me on MT as "gtechman") and I are two of the original four founding members and still handle a large part of the guild's management. A number of our members date back to our first forays into Molten Core, so this isn't a guild that's going to disappear any time soon.

The perks of joining Prodigy would be:
-Guild bank repairs
-Relaxed raiding atmosphere
-Relaxed guild atmosphere (we joke around a lot)
-You get to hang out with Theck and brag to his guild about how awesome he is

Info about Blackrock
-Blackrock is full, GTFO
-More seriously, the server is high-population and the guild is pretty active, so there will probably be players on at other times for heroics, pug raids, etc.
-Blackrock is also one of the servers where you can consistently find PUG 25- and 10-man raids that clear 8+ bosses ICC. So it's a good place to bring your alts if you end up liking it here.
-The server is heavily Australian, though there are still a number of US guilds here. But expect to add things like "vegemite," "abo," "cbf" to your vocabulary.

If you're interested, you can:
-go to http://www.prodigyblackrock.com/ and post an application
-feel free to post in this thread to ask any questions I haven't addressed
Last edited by theckhd on Tue May 18, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re: [US - Alliance Blackrock] Prodigy - 8/12 HM25 - PST

Postby Levantine » Sun May 16, 2010 12:28 am

Props for Theck. Guild's a pretty amusing place and they're not all fail at WoW.

PS. cbf u abo cvnt

Crude language disclaimer. He wasn't lying when he said it was Australian (i.e. racist, pottymouthed and possibly retarded/prepubescent)
Levantine

Return to Recruitment