Possible Mastery Values

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Possible Mastery Values

Postby Valerus » Fri May 14, 2010 12:59 am

I came across this earlier, I'm sure people will find this quite interesting.

Reposting Link to original table:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

I'd like to clarify this is Alpha information! It's not totally reliable!

All Masteries in the table have three values; Mastery per talent, a 51 talent maximum and a maximum Mastery Values. Although some of these details are sketchy and we don't know quite how this stat will work these numbers probably aren't usable yet.

This reflects most of what we know about Paladin's in Cataclysm, we'll be blocking a lot, Baseline damage reduction seems simple enough. More EH? Why thank you. This would also solve the vengeance discussion as to how tanks are going to access this.

The three effects we'll be receiving from Mastery are as follows:

Damage Reduction (%): 0.157 Mastery per talent and a Mastery Total (?) of 8.01
Damage Reduction reduces damage taken by a percentage as the name suggests.

Vengeance: 0.098 Mastery per talent and a mastery total of 5.
Each time you take damage, you gain a percentage of the damage taken as attack power, up to a maximum of twice your Vengeance percentage of your Stamina.

Block Chance (%): 0.314 Mastery Per talents and a mastery total of 16.01.
Increases your chance to block melee attacks.
Last edited by Valerus on Sat May 15, 2010 1:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Valerus

Re: Possible Mastery Values

Postby Soralin » Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 am

Hopefully there aren't going to be many magical damage bosses then, as DKs/Druids would be a superior choice given their 3rd Tier Mastery Talent isn't melee only.
Soralin

Postby Levantine » Fri May 14, 2010 1:14 am

*waves arms in the air spewing either false or nda breaking information*

I hope whoever posted that originally gets permabanned. Anyone would think that waiting for the beta would be competely impossible and result in a brain haemorrhage.
Levantine

Postby Valerus » Fri May 14, 2010 1:25 am

Sorry if I didn't clear this up but I read the CoC before posting this, it was posted because there are currently two active threads trying to get half an idea of what will be happening to Cataclysm stats and rotations:

Knaughty's Vengeance thread:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=28495&rb_v=viewtopic

The Cataclysm Roations thread posted by Thels:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=28588&rb_v=viewtopic

Both of these threads don't have hard numbers behind them but they're giving us an idea of how the class will be shaping up, the link I posted would be at best a very good guess that should be considered.

Also, Combat ratings in the alpha and beta were the same for WotLK as far as I know.

If a moderator deems this as breaking the CoC then there's no argument from me about deleting it.
Valerus

Postby Barathorn » Fri May 14, 2010 1:51 am

Valerus wrote:If a moderator deems this as breaking the CoC then there's no argument from me about deleting it.

I think it is sensible if people just actually follow the ToC and NDA and don't post anything that could be deemed as possibly breaking either. We appreciate there is a lot to talk about but please do not add to the problem by divulging information that you are not allowed/supposed to.

I will refer this to a Global Mod.

Lev, sort your attitude out. That was uncalled for.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Valerus » Fri May 14, 2010 1:57 am

Update: This was originally posted by WoW.com when they posted a link to it on Google spreadsheets. Also Leva an NDA is an agreement by two parties, in this case that would probably be the current alpha testers and Blizzard themselves.
Valerus

Postby Chicken » Fri May 14, 2010 5:27 am

This information is pretty useless though. It's going to be tweaked a whole lot for balance reasons. At the moment we already have the currently most interesting part of the masteries known: What they'll do. How much they'll do is something that won't be of interest until the expansion is close to being a finished product, it being in Alpha right now, it is anything but that.
Chicken

Postby Fridmarr » Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 am

As long as it is something that was sourced publicly elsewhere, I really don't care. Again, we aren't going to be NDA police. I think we all realize that this stuff is no where near being finished, and if we didn't, a few of you have taken it upon yourselves to pound it in to the collective mind with jackhammer like frequency. That it isn't finished, doesn't really preclude the information from having discussion value though.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations