Remove Advertisements

[25H] Sindragosa

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25H] Sindragosa

Postby Meloree » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Xfighter wrote:
Meloree wrote:All of them. And the enchants. And a resist flask.

Heroic frost breath starts at ~65k.

Able to get a chardev link of the set or something of the sort? Having a hard time finding the right balance of gear/gems/chants etc to get the stats you say you're getting =P

Never used chardev. I dropped down some FrR, though, sitting at 515 buffed now, iirc, including flask/aura. I don't really remember exactly what gear was in the set I used the first time we killed her, and my stats are a lot better now.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Darus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Errr.. I might be completely wrong about this, but isnt the 75% cap 415 resistance(boss level x 5)

Thats what ive been using anyway, unless I've missed something?

Edit: nvm me, just found the wotlk change to resistance =)
Darus

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:38 pm

Just giving my 2 cents on this matter after our (epic) kill.

Whoever said "don't get spoiled by the breaths" speaks truth. I've tried different setups, at the end i went with T2 helm + enchant, a cloak with enchant, Onyxia 245 ring and FrR ring, for a total of about 248 res (or close to that).
The breaths hurt but they should never oneshot you if the tanks are doing a right job.

Her melee damage is MUCH more troublesome than her breaths.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bastosa » Tue May 04, 2010 11:18 am

Working on this kill now and we are having more trouble keeping the raid alive then the tanks. Seems like we may have been underhealing it (went with 6, most of you are suggesting 7-8).

I wonder about frost resist on the raid. Do you guys have the raid wear frost resist to counter the frost aura? If so how much? I am trying to decide if this will help take the edge off or if we would be better off just stacking more healers.
Bastosa

Postby Belloc » Tue May 04, 2010 11:50 am

Bastosa wrote:Working on this kill now and we are having more trouble keeping the raid alive then the tanks. Seems like we may have been underhealing it (went with 6, most of you are suggesting 7-8).

I wonder about frost resist on the raid. Do you guys have the raid wear frost resist to counter the frost aura? If so how much? I am trying to decide if this will help take the edge off or if we would be better off just stacking more healers.

Well, you have to keep in mind than 3 of your healers are completely unable to act in phase 3 (unless your raid is really really good).
Belloc

Postby Radience » Wed May 05, 2010 12:13 am

We usually go with 7-8 healers, no one is using any frost resist gear including tanks. I did try frost resist gear when we were still progressing on her but that really just made her rng melee damage more dangerous. I'm using regular EH/armor gear with just FrR aura, I would use 245 Onyxia ring but never seen it dropping. In the last phase even with 5-10% zone wide buff I didn't need any cd's for frost breaths with 0-2 stacks of buffets, with higher buffet stacks just used cd's for breaths. Don't forget to pop an armor pot in the last phase.
Radience

Postby Lightknight » Wed May 05, 2010 2:39 am

We killed her last sunday for the first time. We tried 7 healers, but on our kill we had 8.

Stack discipline in P3 is the key to the kill. We forced every dd to clear mystic buffet stacks at every ice tomb. Casters/Healers has to instantly stop casting while affected by unchained magic.

Tanks and fast hitting dds used fr gear. Tanks were at arround 300 fr with aura und as much expertise as possible. Rogues, Fury and Feral wear one fr item of the set.

at 3 million hp we brute forced her down. Until then it was a calm and slow phase 3.
Lightknight / EU / Nera'thor
Lightknight

Postby Treck » Wed May 05, 2010 4:03 am

Ive Stopped using Frost ress gear at all for this fight, just rotating smaller CDs for the predictable breaths/blisterings, and your pretty safe anyway. The "only" hard part of this fight in terms of loosing frostress is P3, but since you wont be tanking for half of the time, you can start stacking CDs, since you wont take every breath anyway.
We swap tanks at 3-4 stacks really, mystic buffet isnt stacked high enough to make breaths oneshots even without CDs, ofc you wanna use some CDs to be safe.
And we have never had frostress gear on the meele. We have AMs should raidhealers get unchained, and that usually prooves enough.
Treck

Postby Lionnis » Wed May 05, 2010 4:56 am

Treck wrote:Ive Stopped using Frost ress gear at all for this fight, just rotating smaller CDs for the predictable breaths/blisterings, and your pretty safe anyway. The "only" hard part of this fight in terms of loosing frostress is P3, but since you wont be tanking for half of the time, you can start stacking CDs, since you wont take every breath anyway.
We swap tanks at 3-4 stacks really, mystic buffet isnt stacked high enough to make breaths oneshots even without CDs, ofc you wanna use some CDs to be safe.
And we have never had frostress gear on the meele. We have AMs should raidhealers get unchained, and that usually prooves enough.

Similiar here, we always taunt after each tomb to ensure neither of us have more then 2-3 stacks of mystic, if we get 4 we ask for a CD From healers. When we zerg I usually will tank it and just start rotating cooldowns until she's dead. I'm only wearing 200 FR now which doesn't hurt my avoidance or armor at all really and I always try and stack as much expertise as possible to reduce parry haste damage. This is an equally important point because of how hard she hits, the expertise will give you some nice avoidance on this fight.
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:18 pm

The amount of damage that fury warriors and rogues take from "Chilled to the Bone" is impressive. At this gearing level, we decided that the attack power gain from flasks was greatly offset by the reduced damage intake by flasking lesser resistance.

Fortunately, she died this week and coughed up our first tanking trinket. I'll take a look at the kill log and see how noticeable the rogue and warrior friendly fire was from the resistance flask kill. (Worth mentioning that we did get our kill on the first attempt with resist flasks.)
cds4850

Postby Madkadz » Tue May 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi all, I have been a long time reader of these forums. Most of my questions are always covered but the time has come to post finally :)

Our guild has now started working on H Sindgragosa and I’ve got a few questions re: gearing. With the 15% buff now, we have more room to play around with other stats since HP is buffed. I prep’d for this fight as follows: ~510FR and 37 expertise. At the moment my FR gear has stam gems.

Now I’ve been thinking about changing my gear around a little to counter the threats in this fight. The breathe has been mitigated by FR so that isn’t an issue really. Her melee hits me for ~30K and this is where I’m looking to further reduce damage. After a few attempts I swapped to double armor trinkets (sindragosa dropped her trinket that night on normal :)). I’m now playing with the idea to regem my +30 stams in my FR gear with expertise to reach the hard cap. This would take parry haste out of the equation.

I’d like to get some feedback on this.

Another option i’m looking into is running less FR to gain EH. Now that I have the ring off Sindragosa this could be a lot more viable. Thoughts?

Here is a link to my armory to give you an idea of what gear I have/use. Unfortunately I forgot to log out in my Sindragosa set before coming into work. I use FR chest, belt, ring, Ony helm+FR enchant, ToC cloak+FR enchant and FR flask.

A quick overview from our first attempt: we ran 8 healers and only saw phase 3 briefly a couple of times. Keeping me up wasn't an issue during p1 and p2.

Thanks in advance.
Madkadz

Postby Brutalus » Wed May 12, 2010 7:31 am

Madkadz wrote:Hi all, I have been a long time reader of these forums. Most of my questions are always covered but the time has come to post finally :)

Our guild has now started working on H Sindgragosa and I’ve got a few questions re: gearing. With the 15% buff now, we have more room to play around with other stats since HP is buffed. I prep’d for this fight as follows: ~510FR and 37 expertise. At the moment my FR gear has stam gems.

Now I’ve been thinking about changing my gear around a little to counter the threats in this fight. The breathe has been mitigated by FR so that isn’t an issue really. Her melee hits me for ~30K and this is where I’m looking to further reduce damage. After a few attempts I swapped to double armor trinkets (sindragosa dropped her trinket that night on normal :)). I’m now playing with the idea to regem my +30 stams in my FR gear with expertise to reach the hard cap. This would take parry haste out of the equation.

I’d like to get some feedback on this.

Another option i’m looking into is running less FR to gain EH. Now that I have the ring off Sindragosa this could be a lot more viable. Thoughts?

Here is a link to my armory to give you an idea of what gear I have/use. Unfortunately I forgot to log out in my Sindragosa set before coming into work. I use FR chest, belt, ring, Ony helm+FR enchant, ToC cloak+FR enchant and FR flask.

A quick overview from our first attempt: we ran 8 healers and only saw phase 3 briefly a couple of times. Keeping me up wasn't an issue during p1 and p2.

Thanks in advance.

The first time I tanked Sindragosa heroic I used a load of FR gear and, while her breath doesn't hit so hard, her melee hits were tremendous. I then wore a bit less, and have now settled with no FR gear at all. I use the stamina + armor gear, so I avoid the 277avoidance stuff. I usually tank with only 26-33 expertise on that fight, from ToGC25 bracers + cloak, and Valithria feet. In phase 3 (which is what your gear should reflect) I generally only get 4/5 stacks, and in the rare event that the OT is unable to reset his, we always have cooldowns available. Ardent defender, as usual, will serve as a back-up if something goes wrong. Either way, you should only be taking 1 (maybe 2) breaths before you get to reset your stack, and they aren't too powerful with low stacks.

I personally wouldn't go overboard with expertise, particularly if you're going to sacrifice a lot more stamina, and I'd stick to Juggernaut + Sindragosa trinkets, especially if you are to drop more frost resistance. Looking at your gear, I would probably go for an armor neck (Rotface or twins), the armor gloves from badges, and an armor ring (Valithria or twins). Of course, both FR and EH have both been proven to work on this, shown by Meloree's first kill with 620FR, and others with only paladin aura, but we found "normal" gear to be the easiest solution.
Brutalus

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel