Remove Advertisements

[25H] Lady Deathwhisper

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25H] Lady Deathwhisper

Postby fafhrd » Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 pm

intervene and sometimes charge is pretty handy for the kiting tank too - we have a warrior do it with piercing howl and shockwave.

our initial strat actually had him kiting the fanatics the entire fight (p1 and p2) but we eventually gave up on that since it was too much bother getting every fanatic MD'd to him and then dealing with the reanimated ones, so we switched to killing everything in p1 and kiting p2.

Kiting in p1 leads to really fast P1s though, if you manage to not fall apart horribly at some point.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby inthedrops » Thu May 06, 2010 8:26 am

Kiting in P2 used to make the fight easier than non kiting. With the 15% buff it's a lot easier to DPS all the adds in P2 than previously. Try whichever strat your raid is most comfortable with.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 am

inthedrops wrote:Kiting in P2 used to make the fight easier than non kiting. With the 15% buff it's a lot easier to DPS all the adds in P2 than previously. Try whichever strat your raid is most comfortable with.

We only successfully killed her with the 10% buff in place, so 15% isn't making it all that much more trivial for us >.>
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby inthedrops » Thu May 06, 2010 2:24 pm

fafhrd wrote:
inthedrops wrote:Kiting in P2 used to make the fight easier than non kiting. With the 15% buff it's a lot easier to DPS all the adds in P2 than previously. Try whichever strat your raid is most comfortable with.

We only successfully killed her with the 10% buff in place, so 15% isn't making it all that much more trivial for us >.>

I hear ya. We went in there recently without our usual "kiter" in P3 so just decided to kill all the adds. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and was a fairly clean kill. Perhaps it helped more that we have a few kills under our belt and I shouldn't attribute so much to the buff.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Thu May 06, 2010 2:32 pm

There's a good portion of it that's due to the buff.

This fight has burst mechanics for the raid which are neutralized almost completely by the 15% health buff, making P2 monstrously simpler. We used to require everyone to use resist flasks on the fight, now it's no longer useful.

It's also a DPS-overhead fight, so the buff plays super-linearly into net boss DPS. Like I said, kill times have gone from nearly-enrage to a little over 5 minutes - almost cut in half. Only some of that is gear.

Deathwhisper is one of the fights that is impacted most by the stacking buff - along with Putricide and Lich King.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Fri May 07, 2010 8:37 am

Meloree wrote:There's a good portion of it that's due to the buff.

This fight has burst mechanics for the raid which are neutralized almost completely by the 15% health buff, making P2 monstrously simpler. We used to require everyone to use resist flasks on the fight, now it's no longer useful.

It's also a DPS-overhead fight, so the buff plays super-linearly into net boss DPS. Like I said, kill times have gone from nearly-enrage to a little over 5 minutes - almost cut in half. Only some of that is gear.

Deathwhisper is one of the fights that is impacted most by the stacking buff - along with Putricide and Lich King.

This. I really liked 0% LDW. It had that kinda muru-esque DPS maximization element with the raid divided into lots of different sub-groups doing their own specific things.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Belloc » Fri May 07, 2010 9:20 am

Joanadark wrote:
Meloree wrote:There's a good portion of it that's due to the buff.

This. I really liked 0% LDW. It had that kinda muru-esque DPS maximization element with the raid divided into lots of different sub-groups doing their own specific things.

So, I don't get it... is your account canceled or not?
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Fri May 07, 2010 9:28 am

It is. At time of cancellation I had killed 11/12 Heroic ICC. It was one of the things that prompted the decision.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 07, 2010 10:42 am

Joanadark wrote:It had that kinda muru-esque DPS maximization element with the raid divided into lots of different sub-groups doing their own specific things.

This is one of the things I will miss -- I doubt they'll be able to preserve this with a 10m focus.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby lusgian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:53 pm

First time poster. Long time reader.

The mod "Power Auras" can be set to show a condition to tell you if you have aggro. This can be used in the ghost phase to help a person tell if they have aggro from a ghost.

Omen does not work because the ghosts are not selectable and do not target you the way a traditional mob does.

Power Auras made it much easier for my guild to avoid ghosts, as all the dps and healers knew when to run without having to be very aware of their surroundings.
lusgian

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:21 am

lusgian wrote:First time poster. Long time reader.

The mod "Power Auras" can be set to show a condition to tell you if you have aggro. This can be used in the ghost phase to help a person tell if they have aggro from a ghost.

Omen does not work because the ghosts are not selectable and do not target you the way a traditional mob does.

Power Auras made it much easier for my guild to avoid ghosts, as all the dps and healers knew when to run without having to be very aware of their surroundings.

What are the conditions you are using to test for this? I was under the impression that the only way to detect ghost aggro was on a ghost melee hit (at which point the ghost is going to explode anyway so it's too late to do anything about) or visual inspection.
baleogthefierce

Postby inthedrops » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 am

Well, I'm pretty sure I've ran really close to a ghost that was chasing someone else and it didn't blow up on me. So I think the mechanic is correct.

I've never wanted to be the one to test it out though :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 am

See giant purple slow moving doomfir^Y ghost. Kite.

This fight is exactly why your tanks should always be homicidal killing machines dedicated to a scorched-earth policy regarding the DPS on all trash pulls. It keeps the lazy bastards sharp.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:20 pm

baleogthefierce wrote:
lusgian wrote:First time poster. Long time reader.

What are the conditions you are using to test for this? I was under the impression that the only way to detect ghost aggro was on a ghost melee hit (at which point the ghost is going to explode anyway so it's too late to do anything about) or visual inspection.

The ghosts do target specific players, so it would make sense for them to get an aggro indicator.
Belloc

Postby pfunkmort » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:54 pm

they do target specific people - didn't know PA had that functionality for them though.

the explosion is melee range (5 yards) and can explode on anyone who enters that 5 yard range - which then is a 20 yard blast radius.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=72012
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel