Remove Advertisements

Comparative Attribute Values

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Comparative Attribute Values

Postby Leuthas » Thu May 06, 2010 8:30 am

I've started playing again after about a six month break, and I've found myself with a bunch new content to look at, and I'm taking another serious look at gemming - here's my question:

I've searched high and low, Google, WoWwiki, maintankadin, theck's threads, elitist jerks, tankspot and even some lousy warrior tanking site I came across, and yet I cannot manage to find comparative values for all defense stats. I've found some, but certainly not all I am looking for. Ultimately, I devolve to the innevitable outcome of asking here.

I'm looking for something along the lines of:
(for Effective Health) 1 Stamina = x Armor = x Defense Rating = x Dodge Rating = x Agility

*To explain the above further, I am looking for the amount of Armor which is equal to 1 point of Stamina in terms of Effective Health. The amount of Defense Rating equal to 1 Stamina for EH. The amount of Dodge Rating equal to 1 Stamina for EH. The amount of Agility equal to 1 Stamina for EH.*

...and 1 Defense Rating = x Dodge Rating = x Parry Rating = x Block Rating.
...and 1 Agility = 2 Armor = x Dodge Rating = 1.8 Crit Rating.

Many thanks, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints or fist fights are appreciated.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Re: Comparative Attribute Values

Postby Meloree » Thu May 06, 2010 9:03 am

Defence, Dodge, and Parry are not effective health stats. They're avoidance stats. The equivalence you're asking for cannot be generated. It's roughly the same as asking how many apples equal an orange.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Leuthas » Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 am

You're certainly right on that note. It'd help though, if I could get the relation between Stamina and Armor, as well as the values derived from Agility and Defense Rating I asked thereafter.

Thank you for clarifying the mistake.

*EDIT: I've got all the info I need, folks. Thanks!*
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:32 am

Meloree wrote:...how many apples equal an orange.

This has actually been mathematically proven to be four.
cds4850

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri May 07, 2010 11:48 am

cds4850 wrote:
Meloree wrote:...how many apples equal an orange.

This has actually been mathematically proven to be four.

[citation needed]
What kind of apples are we talking? Red delicious? Granny Smith? Gala? What kind of oranges? Nectarines? Tangelos?

Didn't we come up with some sort of number for sta > armor? Like 22 armor is equal to 1 sta or something? I don't remember. It was a long time ago.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Fri May 07, 2010 11:56 am

I generally use 10 armor = 1 sta as a rule of thumb. That slightly over-values armor from a pure EH perspective, which helps account for the fact that it's stronger in situations where you receive healing.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Koatanga » Fri May 07, 2010 5:16 pm

theckhd wrote:I generally use 10 armor = 1 sta as a rule of thumb. That slightly over-values armor from a pure EH perspective, which helps account for the fact that it's stronger in situations where you receive healing.

With the 15% buff in affecting Stam but not Armour, wouldn't it be even higher?
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby theckhd » Fri May 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Koatanga wrote:
theckhd wrote:I generally use 10 armor = 1 sta as a rule of thumb. That slightly over-values armor from a pure EH perspective, which helps account for the fact that it's stronger in situations where you receive healing.

With the 15% buff in affecting Stam but not Armour, wouldn't it be even higher?

Nope, it cancels out in that calculation.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Awyndel » Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 am

Well I agree with all that, but I usually put it back to 12 again to account for magic damage. Although that still has me picking it up in pretty much any item slot. Trinkets are based upon the specific fight.
Awyndel

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 am

11 ftw!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations