Remove Advertisements

What overwrote my blessings of wisdom?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

What overwrote my blessings of wisdom?

Postby econ21 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:36 am

I PUGged VoA the other day and gave a lot of casters blessing of wisdom using pally power. However, after a minute or so, I noticed that all their blessings had disappeared. Did some other buff over-write them? I re-buffed three times during the fight and it happened each time. My blessings of might did not disappear. The other pally was doing kings. People were not dying. Anyone know what happened?

I know not to bless might on warriors as I think they have a shout or something that does the same buff as BoM but better. Is there a buff that is superior to BoW and over-writes it? As a tank, I did not have improved BoW. Thanks for any advice.
econ21

Re: What overwrote my blessings of wisdom?

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 am

Resto Shaman's Mana Spring.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Gamingdevil » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:07 am

econ21 wrote:I know not to bless might on warriors as I think they have a shout or something that does the same buff as BoM but better.

That doesn't make much sense. Battle Shout is raid wide, if you give it to the rest of the raid, there is no reason not to use it on the warriors (unless they have it improved and you don't, then you don't do it on anyone).
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Wrathy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:57 pm

The only pally blessing that will not be overwritten is Kings. Everything else has a counterpart, even if it is only for a few people. Blessing of Might is overwritten by a warriors Battle shout if it is improved, Blessing of Wisdom will be overwritten by a Resto Shaman's mana spring totem, and Vigilance will over write BoSanc (but this is only on a single target.

You should be buffing everyone or no one based on your raid buffs. You are wasting reagents if you just don't buff warriors and they do battle shout. You should see this on your pally power, when your BoM disappears after a battle shout is cast.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Marblehead » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:46 am

Wrathy wrote:[...] and Vigilance will over write BoSanc [...]

From 3.2.0 patch notes:

Blessing of Sanctuary: This talent and Vigilance will now both be able to be cast on the same target without sometimes overwriting each other.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby Thels » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 am

If you have enough paladins, and the paladins cover the improved versions of all buff, you should have the paladins buff it.

IE, if you have 4+ paladins, at least one paladin with imp might, and another paladin with imp wisdom, then have each paladin buff one blessing, and tell the warriors/shamans to use commanding shout/any other totem than mana spring. A paladin buff applies it directly to the character for 30 minutes, ie, nothing to worry about anymore. Warriors need to shout it every few minutes, and only those in range get it. Shamans need to keep their totems down, and only those in range get it. If the blessings are maxed, they're always superior.

However, Resto Shamans will always have the improved totem, since it unlocks other talents, while Imp Wisdom sits on it's own, and is often skipped (because Shamans have it improved), which often means you should still rely on the totem. Downside is, you can't give people the untalented wisdom for those times the totem is not within reach.

Warriors need to put 5 talents into the improved shout, while paladins only need 2. On top of that, retris have points to spare, even after picking up Aura Mastery or Divine Sactifice (but not when picking both Aura Mastery and improved Lay on Hands), meaning they almost always have Improved Might. Likewise, holy paladins that sub into retri for the +crit don't have anything better to spend their points on before unlocking 3rd tier, so they will also have Improved Might. So, if there's enough paladins to buff might, buff might, and let the warriors buff commanding, which is better than the imp's blood pact, even when not talented.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Lionnis » Tue May 04, 2010 5:10 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Resto Shaman's Mana Spring.

This ^

Improved Mana Spring will be on most resto shamans because it's an essential talent for going down the tree, and also improves healing stream. This will overwrite your untalented BoW.
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby Mert » Wed May 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Thels wrote:A paladin buff applies it directly to the character for 30 minutes, ie, nothing to worry about anymore. Warriors need to shout it every few minutes, and only those in range get it. Shamans need to keep their totems down, and only those in range get it.

They also stay on the target even if the Paladin who supplied the buff dies. Totems and the short buff duration of Shouts mean that should they stand in the bad for too long, your entire raid loses the buff.

Most Shaman I play with seem to run Healing Stream over Mana Spring anyway unless we have a Paladin missing for some reason and, as mentioned, Warriors can shout Commanding.
Mert

Return to Basic Training & Talents