Remove Advertisements

Starcraft II Beta

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Starcraft II Beta

Postby majiben » Mon May 03, 2010 7:02 am

I'll just brag for my brother since I've been impressed with his success; he's been lamenting being bumped up to platinum recently.

A shout cast made of one of his games:
http://www.livestream.com/seven8chance/ ... 4c6bf42be2.

He's the zerg. Not bad for not having PvP RTS experience before the Beta.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 03, 2010 7:08 am

Is it dumb to move your CC to the gold mineral patch right away in FFA? (As terran obviously)
Idk I tried it yesterday and it seemed to work out semi good since you have a burst in your economy at the beginning of the game and it helps you expand faster.
Although it does make you more vulnerable at the beginning.
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Argali » Mon May 03, 2010 9:26 am

Santcuff wrote:Is it dumb to move your CC to the gold mineral patch right away in FFA? (As terran obviously)
Idk I tried it yesterday and it seemed to work out semi good since you have a burst in your economy at the beginning of the game and it helps you expand faster.

If you don't get scouted, you get such a large boost after like, 1 min, you can steamroll people. If you get scouted then rushed, well, you die.
Argali

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 03, 2010 9:37 am

Argali wrote:
Santcuff wrote:Is it dumb to move your CC to the gold mineral patch right away in FFA? (As terran obviously)

If you don't get scouted, you get such a large boost after like, 1 min, you can steamroll people. If you get scouted then rushed, well, you die.

Yeah I got scouted the first game I tried and got rushed destroyed.
Santcuff

Postby Arnock » Mon May 03, 2010 1:21 pm

rather than immediately moving your CC, If you want to go that route I'd fast expand and drop that cc on the high yield.

Moving your main to a high yield or an island right away is a bit of a cheese strat imo. It can turn out really well, if your opponent makes a stupid mistake, but most of the time you'll get scouted and you'll get rushed.

but, I'm a zerg, so what do I know?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Release date was announced!
July 27th!!
Save the date :D
Santcuff

Postby Talderas » Thu May 06, 2010 8:25 am

So, I'm feeling a bit dumb on not knowing where to look to find this but....

How do you find out the second identifier to your name if you've forgotten it? Everything I've looked at just shows the first part of the name in the <First>.<Second> notation.
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby Santcuff » Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 am

Talderas wrote:So, I'm feeling a bit dumb on not knowing where to look to find this but....

How do you find out the second identifier to your name if you've forgotten it? Everything I've looked at just shows the first part of the name in the <First>.<Second> notation.

I think it shows in your profile with all your wins and stuff
Santcuff

Postby Arnock » Thu May 06, 2010 9:25 am

also, although a bit roundabout, I believe identifiers show up when you post in the beta forums.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 17, 2010 5:43 am

My friend got the beta a couple of days ago so we have been playing 2v2 together.

I have come to realize something...
I am Horrible at 2v2 :x

We are like 4th (sometimes second or first) in our bracket but I just suck. When we lose it is usually because I got elimated early from a rush or just didn't make good enough defenses.

Most of the games we win is just because we Zealot rush them as double protoss.
Santcuff

Postby Namaztak » Mon May 17, 2010 7:16 am

Me and my 2s partner just play defensively against the beginning rushes and then i go speedlings and ultras while he goes mutas.
Namaztak

Postby Namaztak » Tue May 18, 2010 4:32 am

According to The Escapist, the beta's going offline in 2 weeks and will stay off till right before release.

:'<
Namaztak

Postby Santcuff » Tue May 18, 2010 4:59 am

Namaztak wrote:According to The Escapist, the beta's going offline in 2 weeks and will stay off till right before release.

:'<

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes!!! It needs to stay up longer so I will get better when it releases. :cry:

Oh and isn't 3v3 and 4v4 supposed to be released soon?
I heard that they said the middle of May.
Santcuff

Postby Namaztak » Tue May 18, 2010 5:43 am

Hopefully yeah but hopefully not. My 2v2 partner and I do fine in 2v2s but our other 2 classmates that have the game both suck. One just cannon rushes and turtles up and the other one does nothing but get dark templars. Kinda don't wanna do 4v4s with them. Not to mention the fact that we all argue like crazy when any of us does anything cheesy like 6 pool rushing.

Although, 3s and 4s sort of require new maps to be made which will be cool to see.

And I get to laugh at them for working so hard for their achievements when they get wiped clean.
Namaztak

Postby Santcuff » Tue May 18, 2010 5:53 am

Namaztak wrote:Hopefully yeah but hopefully not. My 2v2 partner and I do fine in 2v2s but our other 2 classmates that have the game both suck. One just cannon rushes and turtles up and the other one does nothing but get dark templars. Kinda don't wanna do 4v4s with them. Not to mention the fact that we all argue like crazy when any of us does anything cheesy like 6 pool rushing.

Oh man I feel really bad for my friend when we do 2v2 since I suck and I'm usually the cause of our loss.

Although I do really want 3v3 and 4v4 just for the epic battles that that amount of people would ensue
Santcuff

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum