Remove Advertisements

Opinions on Consecration

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Opinions on Consecration

Postby Gamingdevil » Sun May 02, 2010 8:15 am

Treck wrote:I dont remember if they changed it or where ive heard it, but ive heard that consecration doesnt have an aoecap.
But bears swipe has iirc. While DK diseases cant be capped since its a dot on all targets.
So say theres 50-100 mobs, id guess DKs/pallys would win then atleast if thats the case.

Quite sure Swipe doesn't cap either.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Boyfriend » Mon May 03, 2010 1:41 am

If there's 100 mobs, I'm pretty sure my wow will crash.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon May 03, 2010 2:00 am

MANY WHELPS HANDLE IT
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Synesis » Mon May 03, 2010 2:54 am

Swipe doesn't have a AoE damage cap, kitty swipe is awesome for that very reason lol.
Synesis

Postby Treck » Mon May 03, 2010 6:52 am

Synesis wrote:Swipe doesn't have a AoE damage cap, kitty swipe is awesome for that very reason lol.

Its different spells working completely different, so id immagine there could be a differance if they are capped or not, but sometimes when we overpull on trash, theres always that kitty who wins the dmgmeter when theres 25+ mobs. I love RD, just target the people who always takes aggro on trash, and you get it ^^
Treck

Postby Chicken » Mon May 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Boyfriend wrote:If there's 100 mobs, I'm pretty sure my wow will crash.
Crash no, disconnect you yes. We ended up giving up on the Many Whelps, Handle it! achievement at Onyxia for that reason. It was just too random who would stay online or not to make it something worth doing.
Chicken

Postby Yelena » Mon May 03, 2010 2:58 pm

I ended up running the bone stock UI at the smallest possible resolution with every video setting on bare minimum, coupled with de-registering my combat log completely, to get the 10-player flavor of that achievement (haven't gone back to do the 25 yet), and we still had 3 people disconnect. Amusingly enough, my client crashed right as the achievement popped up, so none of the changes I had made were saved (which saved me the hassle of undoing all the crap in the first place).

It's still rather amusing to watch a few people disconnect when pulling both packs of whelps on Sindragosa's balcony at once.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby bentglasstube » Mon May 03, 2010 3:48 pm

I had similar issues when getting Dwarfageddon. Fortunately, getting disconnected during the Ulduar gauntlet is not even remotely life-threatening.
bentglasstube

Postby Treck » Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 am

Yelena wrote:It's still rather amusing to watch a few people disconnect when pulling both packs of whelps on Sindragosa's balcony at once.

We do this every single week, never had anyone who disconnects.
And about onyxia, ive had people using rocketboots and taking the whole lap popping all whelps, just for the fun or if to mess with the group, and ive never had DCs, maybe some random disconnected that im not aware of, but ive never had DC problems with to many adds.
When we did Precious on PTR we kited him around for about 10minutes, ending up with to many zombies to even immagine, still no crash or disconnect problems.
Eather people have a bad internet connection, or their computer sucks, DC/crash problems havnt happened in a good while for me.
Treck

Postby Boyfriend » Tue May 04, 2010 5:51 am

Disconnects due to many mobs are almost always addon related. Thought that was well known.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Soralin » Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 am

Turning off enemy nameplates when you have 1023119283 mobs on you makes an enormous difference for me. It's what stopped me disconnecting on Ony 25 Whelps Achievement. (I don't use Aloft or anything similar, just blizz default nameplates)
Soralin

Postby bldavis » Tue May 04, 2010 11:05 am

Soralin wrote:Turning off enemy nameplates when you have 1023119283 mobs on you makes an enormous difference for me. It's what stopped me disconnecting on Ony 25 Whelps Achievement. (I don't use Aloft or anything similar, just blizz default nameplates)

same here

when doing ony i always hit v right as P2 starts, or its lag city for me
(yes i use defualt key for nameplates)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations