Remove Advertisements

(Hunter PvE) Is it time?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

(Hunter PvE) Is it time?

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon May 03, 2010 7:42 am

My girlfriend plays a hunter and to be quite truthful.. she knows about as much about stats and specs as a monkey knows about bikini waxing. :lol:

So - because of this we are consulting the mighty Off-Spec-adins!

Finally the question your waiting for!

Now that we've got her uber weapons and her gear overall is pretty good is it time for her to respec and leave the survival tree behind and go to marksman?

Playstyle preference is not a factor - she can play either spec and when I steal her toon for a raid I can too :D

Character - Shydiabeis
Server - LIGHTNINGHOOF

I've read up previously that some people say once your weapons reach a certain point your dps sky-rockets in MM.. although I'm not sure if she's just under it, reached it, or SMASHED it.. lol

If any links are provided - I am at work and alot of places like EJ are "Baracuda" blocked
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: (Hunter PvE) Is it time?

Postby Levantine » Mon May 03, 2010 7:52 am

MM should be better at that level.

One thing I noticed were hit gems when you're sitting on 280 hit. Should probably look into that.
Levantine

Postby fafhrd » Mon May 03, 2010 8:11 am

Import her into http://www.femaledwarf.com and play around - I think you can load a template MM spec for her fairly easily, or copy a fairly cookie cutter one like mine (she wouldn't need the points I have in Focussed Aim unless she has a better trinket than the hit one she's wearing, so move those points or adjust with a different trinket). When comparing to her predicted SV dps though, note that her current SV spec looks less than optimal to - no points in noxious stings, no points in resourcefulness, full imp aoth without the gear for autoshot to matter much.

I would guess she would gain dps as MM, although not necessarily a lot.

She should have bought 2pcT10 before that cloak btw. And I assume you'll finish enchanting/gemming her. The official forums actually have some good stickies on speccing/gearing/gemming noawadys so you could take a look there too if you're looking for stuff to read.

In return, have her share any experience she may have with this bikini-waxing you mention.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 am

Unfortunately I can't access her armory to see if it was updated from last nights ICC...

She should be wearing the 251 icc bow, 259 rep ring, and the H FoS 232 Needle Encrusted Trinket w/ the 245 hit trinket.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes