Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG game

Postby Talderas » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:02 am

Passionario wrote:
Talderas wrote:Well, looks like I'll be traveling toe Aleas to become a Nurse. :mrgreen:

Mwahahahahaha, more helpless ganking fodder! :twisted:

Erm, I mean, enjoy the trip. :)

Or I could travel to Lumina to become a Nurse where PvP is disabled.
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby Shathus » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:12 am

Interesting game, just started playing yesterday. I'm more blundering through AP at this time then having a set goal for the character. To ask a dumb question, is the only way (at least at the low lvl 3 i'm currently at) to get a level up to work your job?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Mex » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:03 am

Your level is based purely on your stats, there's no xp. So anything that gives you stats helps you level. This includes jobs, but also skills. When you use charms in combat you get points in that skill, and when you get to 100 points, you get stats. Later on, you can get stats from special food and potions too.
Mex

Postby Candiru » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:42 pm

If I've gone Con/Int as my main stats, and left Dex and Pow alone until now which one is better to raise a bit?

Dex would give me lightning and spears, to go with Maces and Holy. Seems a Spear/Holy deck would do quite well, with lots of cumulative defences and penetrating attacks?
Candiru

Postby Argali » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Candiru wrote:If I've gone Con/Int as my main stats, and left Dex and Pow alone until now which one is better to raise a bit?

Dex would give me lightning and spears, to go with Maces and Holy. Seems a Spear/Holy deck would do quite well, with lots of cumulative defences and penetrating attacks?

Go check out what class you want to be in the long term. You get to pick 2 stats as your primary, and while you can pick a 3rd stat to boost a bit to diversify your charm choices, you won't be able to use the latest, and bestest charms for you 2 chosen stats. I think being a bit diverse is better for solo play. There's lots of group stuff though, apparently.

WTB Maintankadin guild lol. Mexs should make it.
Argali

Postby Argali » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:33 pm

I plagiarised mex's first post for my guild forums lol.
Argali

Postby Mex » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:02 pm

With a Con/Int setup, then you'll be doing most of your damage with maces. You can either focus heavily on melee by boosting Dex, which gives you access to spears, or you can gain access to more powerful magic damage by boosting power, for Earth charms. Both have their merits. I keep Dex equal with Int, and Pow very low, but you can just as easily keep Pow and Dex quite equal. There's no "best" answer in most cases like this. If you go one way, you'll be rock, if you go the other, you'll be scissors, but in the end no matter what kind of deck you run, there will always be a hard counter. The thing to make sure of is that you're capable of running at least 1-2 high quality decks, which is why you need a Primary and Secondary stat. After that, it matters much less.
Mex

Postby Levantine » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Interesting. I think I wanna go Scout -> Rogue -> Assassin, but I'm not sure. I like the idea of Twinblades and Lightning, with maybe a little Frost if I'm feeling frisky.
Levantine

Postby Passionario » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Argali wrote:I plagiarised mex's first post for my guild forums lol.

I translated it and posted it on mine.

Got 11 apprentices already. :)
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby firstamendme » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:43 am

Good times!

I love the flavor text on the Dirty Eyepatch:

'Captain Gaufre wore this even though both his eyes could see.'
firstamendme

Postby Passionario » Sun May 02, 2010 1:05 am

Due to an untimely level-up (thanks to Mentoring), I missed the easy opportunity to farm Heroism in IBT. What's the next available target?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Mex » Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 am

Thunderock Canyon, Rooftop Rush, and Abandoned Manor are the next dungeons to become available, as well as the first raid -- Rogue Colossus.

Thunderock is doable at 10 if you've got a good range of charms from IBT. The last fight may give you some trouble though, a lot depends on what your primary / secondary stats are. Feel free to leave it until you're 12+ if you feel you need to, but make sure you do it. Like lightning reflexes, quick blades will last you until level 30+ at least, so try to get 5. The round keystone may also look like vendor trash, but I wouldn't be too hasty to throw it away, you never know what it might help you uncover ;)

Rooftop Rush is also pretty good for heroism, you can clear it at 11 if you've got the right deck setup, and really it's only the last fight that should give you any trouble.

Abandoned Manor I'd recommend doing as soon as you get enough focus to beat your way through the first two fights (guiding X charms from Concentrated Assault are really useful here). The final two fights can generally be beaten by stacking your best offensive charms and going for a quick burn. AM also drops Bloodred Gems, and Essence of Change -- which are used for the next tier of focus charms, which are again very, very useful. Check The Perfect Aim to figure out which ones you're likely to use (for instance, I got maces, spears, and thunder), because they'll generally be very useful up until your mid-20s, especially if you're doing group PvP. I ended up running AM over 20 times for all the mats I needed, so if you think you'll need a lot, start early! Bloodred Gems often sell for 8-10k when they appear on the auction house.

Rogue Colossus is the first raid. It's a 2-person fight, against a single mob with a lot of health, who hits hard but slow. The tutorial screen will give you all the info you need, but basically you can either join a public party, which puts you into a pool of players. Every hour or so, this pool is split into groups (it apparently tries to match you with similar deck types, but it's not very reliable) of 2 which attempt to beat up the Rogue Colossus. Just like WoW, you can get fantastic pub runs (I once got a level 35 guy who 2-shot it), or terrible ones (I also once got a level 12 guy who was still using his 13 card newbie deck :\). The other option is to make a private group with a PW. Once there are a few people at the right level (12-13 could do it if both people have good decks), I'd recommend posting here with the private party's PW and the type of deck you're running, to try and co-ordinate some good runs.
Mex

Postby Argali » Sun May 02, 2010 5:36 am

Mex is level 20.

Go farm 5k gold.

Now.
Argali

Postby Mex » Sun May 02, 2010 5:53 am

Mexcs is already guilded, but I'm happy to setup a guild when my alt (15 atm) hits 20.
Mex

Postby Thornir » Sun May 02, 2010 9:27 am

I just beat Argali in a duel, but passionario stacks too much defense, so I'm gonna try to tackle him again with some Pen charms (if he doesn't move out of Eversweep first :P )
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum