Illidan Stormrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Atreidies » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:14 am

Yep, what Fiorina said, save your Ironshields for p5 and personally I'd pop them right out of the 'stun' with the interlude between Illidan and Maiev so that you guarantee that you have it up when he enrages, and while it is rare from looking at WWS since then, he CAN hit for upwards of 14k on a warrior with Ironshields on, so just be aware of the possible damage inc. and save trinkets, Nightmare Seeds, etc. if you have to run a ways to make it to the trap.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Colorado

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:05 am

Don't forget that it IS possible to tank him without trapping him if the trap is in a very poor location. You lose a bit of damage, but if the trap is in the middle of the raid... well, we had a draw soul pull him back to 45% during p5 on one of our failed attempts. That was pretty disheartening, and we ended up wiping out shortly after.

The warrior we had tanking him had blown shield wall on a shear, so he was tanking through the enrages with just trinkets/ironshields. Keep that option in mind when the time comes.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Atreidies » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:20 am

Splug wrote:Don't forget that it IS possible to tank him without trapping him if the trap is in a very poor location. You lose a bit of damage, but if the trap is in the middle of the raid... well, we had a draw soul pull him back to 45% during p5 on one of our failed attempts. That was pretty disheartening, and we ended up wiping out shortly after.


Yep, we dragged him to a trap snug against the wall 2 weeks ago, burned him to 1% on the 2nd enrage where he then turned to the raid, as there was no room/tank opposite him, and cast Draw Soul bringing him back to 12% and leaving him in a horrible position for the next p4 where we wiped horribly and QQ'ed.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Colorado

Postby Mithos » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:40 pm

fiorina wrote: At Warglaive(below it) stop for a while, in many cases he will "bug" and you are not going to receive AoE damage. OMG HAX!!


What exactly do you mean by this? :)
Image
Mithos
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:54 am

Postby Gavel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:07 pm

Means that you can get the flame hung up on the glaive, where he'll still melee you, but any blazes he does land in front of you and don't do any damage.
User avatar
Gavel
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Postby Lore » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:36 am

Tanked him on Thursday, whee. Couple notes:

- He does indeed hit like a girl until he enrages. I was actually having to mana pot >.>

- Draw Soul is somewhat predictable. He always alternates Flame Crash and Draw Soul, usually pretty close together. That means you've got something like 40 seconds to get him where you want him after a demon phase.

- Pocket Watch is amazing for enrages. He dual wields, which gives him a pretty high miss rate. Granted I'm a bit overgeared for the encounter now as I'm wearing 2 pieces of gear from him, but when I pop my pocket watch I end up having something like an 8% chance for him to actually land an attack. It's up for every enrage too.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Splug » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:56 am

Nice! Congrats Lore!

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:06 pm

Gratz, pic or vid plis!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13373
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Lore » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:08 pm

There's a video of it, but it'd from a holy pally's perspective, he died halfway through, and it's hosted on his personal webspace atm so I can't link it :P
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Morganim » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:30 pm

Grats to you lore :D
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Joanadark » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:47 pm

I've been pondering asking about tanking the big guy in an upcoming week, can you maybe take a glance at the progress of my gear and tell me your thoughts on how likely he'd be to absolutely destroy me?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... a&n=Brekke

ack, armory hasnt updated for the past few days.

Current unbuffed stats:

16,647 HP
17947 Armor
612 Block Value
Miss- 11.60%
Dodge- 24.02%
Parry- 16.60% (52.22% combined avoidance)
Block- 26.06% (un-shearable with buffs)
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Postby Aetherial » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:52 am

That's pretty close to what I'm running at, and aside from healers falling asleep at transitions, I haven't had any trouble tanking him. Best attempt is 32% so far.... we probably would have gotten him down (since p5 isn't too much different) if people hadn't brainfarted and forgotten to kill the warlock tank's Demon >.<

One thing I've found is to think a little bit on when you pop Holy Shield... once you get comfortable with his pattern, you can delay hitting it here and there to ensure that you don't end up with the inevitable Shear going off at the same time as your HS cooldown. We can live through Shear (Nightmare Seed + Shadowmoon Insignia ftw), but with everything going on, giving the healers a little breathing room doesn't hurt.

He also likes to Shear right after a Flame Crash, while you're repositioning him. Fucker :D

That being said, it's nice to be able to sit back and watch porn during phase 2.
Image
Aetherial
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:11 am

Postby Lansky » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:39 am

Joanadark wrote:I've been pondering asking about tanking the big guy in an upcoming week, can you maybe take a glance at the progress of my gear and tell me your thoughts on how likely he'd be to absolutely destroy me?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... a&n=Brekke

ack, armory hasnt updated for the past few days.

Current unbuffed stats:

16,647 HP
17947 Armor
612 Block Value
Miss- 11.60%
Dodge- 24.02%
Parry- 16.60% (52.22% combined avoidance)
Block- 26.06% (un-shearable with buffs)


Gear is sufficient for tanking him. Avoidance is a bit lower than I'd run, but I always use more avoidance than most people so that's probably just my bias. Your main obstacle will be convincing your guild to let someone less geared than another available tank take a whack at him. Status Quo can be a powerful enemy sometimes.
Lansky
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:16 am

Postby Neuron » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:03 am

Lansky wrote:
Joanadark wrote:I've been pondering asking about tanking the big guy in an upcoming week, can you maybe take a glance at the progress of my gear and tell me your thoughts on how likely he'd be to absolutely destroy me?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... a&n=Brekke

ack, armory hasnt updated for the past few days.

Current unbuffed stats:

16,647 HP
17947 Armor
612 Block Value
Miss- 11.60%
Dodge- 24.02%
Parry- 16.60% (52.22% combined avoidance)
Block- 26.06% (un-shearable with buffs)


Gear is sufficient for tanking him. Avoidance is a bit lower than I'd run, but I always use more avoidance than most people so that's probably just my bias. Your main obstacle will be convincing your guild to let someone less geared than another available tank take a whack at him. Status Quo can be a powerful enemy sometimes.


True that. It's my turn Lore!
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
User avatar
Neuron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:26 am
Location: Nail Salon

Postby Lore » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:39 pm

Pfft shut up and heal me.

I actually favor avoidance a bit more than usual for Illidan, just because the closer I can get to 102.4% miss/dodge/parry while my trinket is up the easier the enrages get :P
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest