Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG game

Postby Candiru » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:39 am

I'm going Int/Con at the moment for Holy/Maces

Not sure if I will go Heirophant or Paladin though.
Candiru

Postby Mex » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:43 am

Mecxs: Adventurer -> Novice -> Sage -> Hierarch
Mecxs: Adventurer -> Recruit -> Cleric -> Hierarch
Mecxs: Adventurer -> Recruit -> Guard -> Paladin
Mecxs: Adventurer -> Recruit -> Guard -> Warlord
Future-Mecxs: Adventurer -> Scout -> Rogue -> Warlord
Future-Mecxs-2-days-later: Adventurer -> Recruit -> Guard -> Warlord
Future-Mecxs-3-days-after-that: /creates 11 alts

I honestly can't make up my mind. At the moment I've invested a lot of points into Con, and quite a few into both Int and Dex. That pretty much limits me to either Warlord, Paladin, maybe Summoner, maybe Warden, and Assassin / Slayer if I wanted to go really crazy. I'm pretty much stuck with having power as my dump stat though.

I'm quite liking the look of Warlord -- you've got strong potential in 1v1 via stacking CPB (continuous power boosts, +X melee (ongoing) effects) to ridiculous levels, as well as some viable turtle options, you have group PvP viability as either a tank or melee buffbot, and you have PvE viability as a tank. Int as a tertiary gives me access to maces, which go well with stacking melee damage buffs, as well as some twin blades and lightning / holy magic. Power would have given me stronger magic options via earth, as well as some nice swords, and maybe shadow magic / axes.

On the other hand, Paladin with Dex as tertiary would make me a tanky buffbot, buffing the group's defenses while going crazy with maces. Seal of the Pure (every time you play a mace card, you get a bunch of armour + ward) is very good, and would ideally form the core of an offensive PvP deck. Plus, Paladins are ... well, they're freaking Paladins man. I rolled my first Paladin 16 years ago, playing D&D for the first time, and have made one in almost every single RPG I've ever played :( I think I'm just going to go Recruit -> Guard, keep int and dex very close, and flip a coin at 40 :)
Mex

Postby Talderas » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:50 am

Well, Lightning looks like a sexy attack power. Low to moderate damage kind of sucks, but with good penetration and shifting on a lot of the charms, it seems like a strong bet. Dealing physical or magical based on the lower defensive value of the target and then penetrating that armor?

Talderas: Adventurer -> Novice -> Sage -> Slayer
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby guillex » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:06 am

Talderas wrote:So you can have multiple characters?

And you can put them into a party?

=(

I only have one that's lv4 that I'm building towards Int/Dex (Lightning sounds fun).

From what I know, no, you can't have them interacting.

I have 3 different characters, but they're all played independently. You MIGHT be able to later on, but I think for lower levels you can't. You can't mentor yourself, either.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Thornir » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 am

I'm at a complete loss at what I'm gonna do; I've been stacking a lot of Int lately, and Dex and Con are about equal with Dex coming up the rear; Both Assassin and Paladin sound like what I wanna do. I guess I'm just gonna wait until lvl 20.

Maxed out Herbalist and Logging though :) Think I'm gonna tackle the IBT next, right after I finish getting captain's hats.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Argali » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:13 pm

There's a bounty on mecxs!

Time to collect!
Argali

Postby Mex » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Argali wrote:There's a bounty on mecxs!

Time to collect!

Haha I've had a bad run with defending against bounty-hunters in the last 24 hours actually, 2 losses and 1 win :( I'm still 109-21 up for the week though! I just maxed my own bounty-hunting skill too.

By the way, Outlaw is a VERY powerful skill -- it gives more HP than any other skill in the game (except treasure hunter!), and is a must have for any PvPer, or aspiring tank. You get it by successfully defending yourself in PvP against opponents that are within 1 level of you, while you have a bounty on you. If the attacker is 2 levels or more lower than you, or even higher than you, you don't get points.

This makes getting points in Outlaw quite hard. The best thing to do is simply have a bounty on you at all times. Even so, it will take a very long time to skill it up. There are a couple of ways to get a bounty.

1) When your PvP rating gets high enough, the game may automatically bounty you.
2) Have somebody put a bounty on you without you asking. This is very, very rare because having a bounty is actually a good thing, which is sort of contrary to the idea of bounties.
3) Organise a bounty-swap, with guildies or people on this forum. This is generally the most common way of getting bounties. You put one on your friend, your friend puts one on you. The cost of putting a bounty on somebody is Level*40 gold. The bounty takes up to 24 hours to take effect, and remains in place until the bounty has been collected five times (each successful attack will claim 20% of the bounty). Depending on how good your gear is, and how lucky you are with opponents, bounties can last from a day or two right up to over a month.

I'd recommend trying to get a bounty once you've build a defensive deck that you're happy with, the sooner you start the better :)
Mex

Postby Passionario » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:08 am

Just when I had a nice kill streak going, some bastard 8 levels above me had to go and ruin it. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Talderas » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:27 am

I would like to express my minor irritation at the distinct lack of skills/jobs (at lower levels) that raise my attributes that lack Con on them. I want to get my dex above con, right now I believe my stat order is Int > Con > Dex > Pow, and I want it to be Int > Dex > Con > Pow. My dex is just two points below con, but right now I'm using a job that gives +1 dex, +3 int, +1 con so that I don't throw it out of whack necessarily.

:(
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby Passionario » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:45 am

You could move to a different city. It appears that not all jobs are available in all cities.

For example, Aleas has a 'Nurse' job that gives +2 Dex, +2 Int, +1 Con (plus some points in First Aid skill).
So, if you already have 4 Dex, 5 Int and 3 Con, you could move over and give it a try. :)
Passionario

Postby Mex » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:58 am

Actually Talderas, I just ran into the same issue. I recently started an alt, planning to eventually make it into a pyromaniac (ie Pow + Int, with Dex third for strong shadow). The problem with jobs in Inachis is that the first 6 all give 1-2 Con. I think the earliest job you can get that doesn't require Con in Inachis is Scribe, which requires 6 Dex and 6 Int. It's annoying, but at the end of the day, half a dozen points worth of Con from jobs won't kill me in the long run.

Passionario's right in that different cities have different jobs, which can be annoying when you're trying to do a specific job. For instance, the Discipline skill (which can only be gained from doing jobs) gives a small, but nevertheless nice, amount of health. However, there's only one job that gives you Discipline without giving Con, and it's only available in two cities, which makes levelling it really frustrating (especially if you're doing dungeons on the other side of the map!).

One job to watch out for though, at level 10 you get access to messenger jobs, which give you points in horse riding, plus a free 1-step move for the day, and 200-300g. This lets you use your daily job to move (and you can still move after that, for a total of 2-steps), but doesn't give any attributes (which can be useful if you're trying not to level). Once you max R1 horse riding, you get access to the conveyer jobs, which allow you to use your job to move 2 steps. This means that you can move a total of 3 steps in a single day, and is incredibly useful later on, when you need to zip back and forth between different sides of the map.
Mex

Postby Talderas » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 am

Passionario wrote:You could move to a different city. It appears that not all jobs are available in all cities.

For example, Aleas has a 'Nurse' job that gives +2 Dex, +2 Int, +1 Con (plus some points in First Aid skill).
So, if you already have 4 Dex, 5 Int and 3 Con, you could move over and give it a try. :)

Is there a minimum level that you can travel to a city at?

I'm basically trying to get lv5 then buy as many lightning kata's as I can afford.
Talderas

Postby Mex » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:08 am

Some of the harder cities have a minimum level, but this is generally quite generous -- it's very rare that you'll be able to beat a city's lowest level dungeon, but be too low to travel there. Cities with starting dungeons, like Aleas and Eversweep, have no level requirements at all -- you can travel to them as early as level 1. Click the World Map button (globe icon) in the top right to travel.
Mex

Postby Talderas » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:28 am

Mex wrote:Some of the harder cities have a minimum level, but this is generally quite generous -- it's very rare that you'll be able to beat a city's lowest level dungeon, but be too low to travel there. Cities with starting dungeons, like Aleas and Eversweep, have no level requirements at all -- you can travel to them as early as level 1. Click the World Map button (globe icon) in the top right to travel.

Well, looks like I'll be traveling toe Aleas to become a Nurse. :mrgreen:
Talderas

Postby Passionario » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:58 am

Talderas wrote:Well, looks like I'll be traveling toe Aleas to become a Nurse. :mrgreen:

Mwahahahahaha, more helpless ganking fodder! :twisted:

Erm, I mean, enjoy the trip. :)
Passionario

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum