Remove Advertisements

PoS gauntlet - run through or actively engage mobs?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: PoS gauntlet - run through or actively engage mobs?

Postby chinoquezada » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Boyfriend wrote:Consensus is that if you don't pick up every mob, then it's your fault if the healer gets aggro and dies. It is your job to keep the healer safe and pick up mobs, it's NOT the healers job to NOT heal you.

Where is this consensus at and where I can disagree with it?

The job of the group is to beat the gauntlet with as little problems as possible. If that means that the healer should hold back on healing, then it should be done.

I would say a consensus should be: the tank hitting everything he can and the healer healing as little as possible.
chinoquezada

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:37 pm

I thought the consensus was that everyone should spec Engineering and Rocket Boots their way to the end of the cavern?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I thought the consensus was that everyone should spec Engineering and Rocket Boots their way to the end of the cavern?

i have to respec AGAIN????

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 am

chinoquezada wrote:The job of the group is to beat the gauntlet with as little problems as possible. If that means that the healer should hold back on healing, then it should be done.

I would say a consensus should be: the tank hitting everything he can and the healer healing as little as possible.

I guess, but this is a random group I assume; the healer might have no idea what he should do, and I'm not about to type something if I can just walk through and hit everything.
I'm too lazy to tell the healer what to do since you have to factor that into the time it takes to get through there, and relying on a total random to know what to do is kinda silly.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Hokahey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:42 am

chinoquezada wrote:
Boyfriend wrote:Consensus is that if you don't pick up every mob, then it's your fault if the healer gets aggro and dies. It is your job to keep the healer safe and pick up mobs, it's NOT the healers job to NOT heal you.

The job of the group is to beat the gauntlet with as little problems as possible. If that means that the healer should hold back on healing, then it should be done.

I'll agree with that, but what some appear to be saying is "OMG I dunwanna hit teh mobz, healz r bad for duin ther job."

The key thing you're saying that is different is "tank hitting everything he can". I don't think anyone is saying tank each mob from 100% to 0 as they approach, but simply tapping them so they don't assrape the Druid because he's trying to do his job and making sure you don't die. Besides, we aren't talking high difficulty here for the tank.

Consider this: If the healer doesn't heal you before you reach the platform (I've seen it more than once, before anyone says its impossible), and you die, whose fault is it? Who would get blamed?
Hokahey

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 am

Hokahey wrote:
chinoquezada wrote:

I'll agree with that, but what some appear to be saying is "OMG I dunwanna hit teh mobz, healz r bad for duin ther job."

The key thing you're saying that is different is "tank hitting everything he can". I don't think anyone is saying tank each mob from 100% to 0 as they approach, but simply tapping them so they don't assrape the Druid because he's trying to do his job and making sure you don't die. Besides, we aren't talking high difficulty here for the tank.

Consider this: If the healer doesn't heal you before you reach the platform (I've seen it more than once, before anyone says its impossible), and you die, whose fault is it? Who would get blamed?

you do, for ebing undergeared and not having 150k health and being able to solo it! :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Pizbit » Sun May 30, 2010 7:13 pm

I ask people to stay 15 yards behind until middle then I do something more than prox aggro to each until middle plate(hotr, consec, etc etc, YAY SOCOMM).
After that I do the same to the end unless I'm getting low on HP in which case I just turn and walk backwards - you can do this going to middle plate too.

If you have the gear to tank PoS then you have the gear to hold the few extra mobs you get from walking backwards, sure it's slower, but it's also safer. Obviously gear and random group dependent on what strategy to use.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby ginga-uk » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:47 am

Run through first tagging as many mobs as I can...

Conc, HoR, Frisbee, judge. that gets most of them, as has been said there are enough of them to make sure you get all your mana back at the halfway mark.

Having recently levelled a resto shaman, I've one more thing to add here... If your healer is a shaman it's likely that you have some earth shield charges on you before you start to run up the tunnel. Therefore if you do abosultey nothing to grab aggro, and get hit, then suddenly the Shaman has aggro at no real fault of his own.... So if you plan on being lazy and have a shaman healing you, then make sure you click off the earth shield first.
ginga-uk

Previous

Return to General Strats