Sorcerous/Spell Shades bugged?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Sorcerous/Spell Shades bugged?

Postby fudomyou » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:35 am

Has anyone else experienced the bug where the spell shades and sorcerous shades aggro from an even more ridiculous distance than before? Last night, my guild cleared the room of arcane elementals just after the Curator when we saw 12 ghosts run at us from several floors above.

We killed the first and wiped horribly to the triple sorcerous shades, and later, we found out that the one we killed was the last spell shade - from the room before the Ethereal thieves.

This has happened twice now, so I can't think that this is just a coincidence.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Base » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:46 am

Yeah we've had a couple of funny pulls recently.

Two weeks ago we were having a 5min break after the curator, as I went to drink I noticed that I was in combat, even though we were all at the top of the ramp. Up came the entire room of arcane patrollers, mana worms, etc. All of which were targeting our druid who was AFK behind the rest of us.

Then last week we'd cleared to Aran, drank, buffed up, were about to go in and all of a sudden we were in combat. All 3 (4?) groups of sorcerous shades/spell shades came charging down and killed us.
Base

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 am

Happened for us too.

We were on those mobs before illhoof when we noticed +10 mobs running ramparts to us.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zeels » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:08 am

Same for me yesterday :s
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Re: Sorcerous/Spell Shades bugged?

Postby lusisia » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:11 am

fudomyou wrote:Has anyone else experienced the bug where the spell shades and sorcerous shades aggro from an even more ridiculous distance than before? Last night, my guild cleared the room of arcane elementals just after the Curator when we saw 12 ghosts run at us from several floors above.

We killed the first and wiped horribly to the triple sorcerous shades, and later, we found out that the one we killed was the last spell shade - from the room before the Ethereal thieves.

This has happened twice now, so I can't think that this is just a coincidence.

Same thing happened to us Friday night. Wasn't sure what happened. We didn't wipe but it was indeed f'cked up. We couldn't figure it out and the people with experience in the instance all had never seen it happen before.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Quean » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Same thing happened to us on Friday...it was the room with the Homunculus's...the Shades from the next landing came down and ownerized us
Quean

Postby lusisia » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:42 pm

Quean wrote:Same thing happened to us on Friday...it was the room with the Homunculus's...the Shades from the next landing came down and ownerized us

Yeah! Same damn room. Luckily they didn't come down until AFTER we cleared the room. We were all sitting there drinking and it happened.

Makes me wonder, the people this is happening to, do they have DMC: Vengeance equipped. I know they supposedly changed it NOT to proc off environmental changes but maybe something being done by those shades is causing it to proc? Or maybe it's another spell. Interestingly enough, it didn't target me but went straight for one of our clothies but that may be because they were rebuffing or something.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Quean » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:28 pm

lusisia wrote:
Quean wrote:Same thing happened to us on Friday...it was the room with the Homunculus's...the Shades from the next landing came down and ownerized us

Yeah! Same damn room. Luckily they didn't come down until AFTER we cleared the room. We were all sitting there drinking and it happened.

Makes me wonder, the people this is happening to, do they have DMC: Vengeance equipped. I know they supposedly changed it NOT to proc off environmental changes but maybe something being done by those shades is causing it to proc? Or maybe it's another spell. Interestingly enough, it didn't target me but went straight for one of our clothies but that may be because they were rebuffing or something.

Nope. Warrior MT/Bear OT...nobody had the DMC. So it's not that.

Edit: Actually, I'm a dirty liar. Our warrior had to leave a bit before that, so we actually were using Bear MT/Pally OT, but the pally didn't have the card either.
Quean

Postby Zeels » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:51 pm

I had the card... Going to unquip it next time I'm there.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Yeti » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:58 pm

I also had the card equipped when it happened to our group. We got zerged right outside of Aran's room.
Yeti

Postby Minn » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:54 pm

We've gotten spiders showing up randomly at the steps before the ballroom, and lots of shades aggroing just past Aran.
Minn

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Its happend to us twice now, in 2 weeks. Once in the room with the Homonculi, we pulled 2-3 other groups, the second time in the little library dealy after Aran we pulled the group on the top of the ramp while doing the group at the bottom of the ramp.

Neither time had anyone with a vengeance card.
Zhalseran

Postby jere » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:00 pm

It's worth noting that the sorcerous shades will aggro from anywhere in the instance if someone with the debuff they apply gets healed and the current shade is dead. At least, that is what we found out on a run.

I don't know if it was a bug or intended function of the debuff, but we tested it and it was consistant for us that night
jere

Postby randomjibberish » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:22 am

This happened to me yesterday. Was in the big circular room with the arcane elementals and I saw ONE spell shade coming down the ramp. I didn't think much of it at the time and pulled it. Soon after, the rest of them popped out and laid waste to the raid. It was so fast I couldn't even DI anybody before we got smashed in the face.

I was using DMC:V at the time too.
randomjibberish

Postby fudomyou » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:37 am

Happened to me again in the week's raid - we called a break after the elementals room (I wasn't using DMC: Vengeance) and took some time off to help some of the Kara newbies get their quests in order/summon some latecomers. Then, when we got back to the room, there was a singleton spell shade sitting there... he was linked to the top floor.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Karazhan