Remove Advertisements

Complete Zul'aman Video Strategy Guide

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Complete Zul'aman Video Strategy Guide

Postby Aalryn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:46 pm

Good Morning. This will show you the trash pulls, boss strategies and kills, and basically the pace that you need to successfully complete a timed trial.

Even if you can not complete the time trial, this will give a decent strategy on how to defeat each boss along with the trash pulls before them. There is no music, just the full actual vent recording which may be of further aid as some of the details of the pulls and boss strategies are spoken and talked through as the fights go.

-----------------------------------------------------

Click to stream:
Part 1: Eagle Boss
Part 2: Bear Boss
Part 3: Dragonhawk Boss
Part 4: Tiger Boss

Hex Lord

Image[/url]
Last edited by Aalryn on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 pm, edited 22 times in total.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Andox » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:48 pm

try and upload it on Stage6, its pretty good quality there
Andox

Postby Skrilla » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:26 pm

Thanks in advance, I have been wondering which way to go and which mobs we need to pull.
Skrilla

Postby Magnusharkov » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:00 pm

thanks, I'll be taking a look at this :)
Magnusharkov

Postby Aalryn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:57 pm

not quite complete.. but 3 bosses posted before raid time :) i'll get the 4th for the time trial up soon. comments are good, but not stuff like my video making skills suck.. i know this =D These are meant to be informative, not entertaining.

Aalryn

Postby Juliette » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Nice vid, makes it seem much easier and straightforward now.

Only thing I wanna ask is what happened differently when you kill or don't kill the adds? I noticed in the first run X was killed, but in the second run, no add was killed? What is the correct way of handling the 2 adds?
Juliette

Postby Aalryn » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:42 pm

Juliette wrote:Nice vid, makes it seem much easier and straightforward now.

Only thing I wanna ask is what happened differently when you kill or don't kill the adds? I noticed in the first run X was killed, but in the second run, no add was killed? What is the correct way of handling the 2 adds?

the first part of the second kill we killed the X, but he was killed in the aoe of the first side. the second time they were going to the same side.. so you just let them both live so the side pops faster.

same side: let em both live
opposite sides: kill one

Aalryn

Postby Lev » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:23 am

Nice. I'll post this links to my guilds forum, so they can see how it works to get the 3rd boss down in time as well!

Anyway i think you could have done better on the first attempt of the 3rd boss by keeping up JoW on the Boss and doing some Holy DPS to him. This way you should always stay on top of the healers Aggro at least and with a Hunter (Feign Death) and a Roughe or a Shaman with ankh ready, etc. you could have done the last few percent by your own. I'm pretty sure!
Lev

Postby Comma » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:29 am

Thanks for the awesome video guide, however you might want to add the last 2 bosses to make it actually a complete ZA guide. :P
Comma

Postby Aalryn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:51 am

Lev wrote:Nice. I'll post this links to my guilds forum, so they can see how it works to get the 3rd boss down in time as well!

Anyway i think you could have done better on the first attempt of the 3rd boss by keeping up JoW on the Boss and doing some Holy DPS to him. This way you should always stay on top of the healers Aggro at least and with a Hunter (Feign Death) and a Roughe or a Shaman with ankh ready, etc. you could have done the last few percent by your own. I'm pretty sure!

We were using a ret paladin. JoW was on the boss the entire time.

As far as getting higher in agro? You can't get close to the boss with any sort of flame buffets on you so getting agro is impossible until the dragonhawk are dead. By this time you are about 50k threat behind even the healers... There is no getting agro. With one of the healers down, healing is the best choice.

This is all moot anyway. This was the first time we wiped after the eggs were down ever. Even this time it was due to a controlable fluke. I simply showed both attempts because they showed two ways to take care of adds and this is the main boss you hear people have trouble on.

I will post the next fights also. I simply didnt have the hard drive room this time around. These files are pretty big to start out as (10-20 gigs each)

Aalryn

Postby Juliette » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:56 am

Aalryn wrote:same side: let em both live
opposite sides: kill one

Ah I see, that makes it SO much clearer now! Many thanks
Juliette

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:50 pm

Good videos, we got eagle boss down for the first time last night and moved on to Dragonhawk boss and downed it as well, had somebody asking Namaste (I noticed him in the video)for tips on our way to Dragonhawk.

We have been doing bear boss them moving on, last night we skipped the pat, and grabbed the 2 mobs that come at the start of the event with the 2 bears, it made for a fast run to the boss even with our lower dps. One thing about the bear boss, I noticed as each of the 2 tanks swaped out they stepped off to the side, I thought there was a attack that needed 2 people to split the damage, but that might have been early speculation.

Looking forward the other videos, I prefer this style of video without game sounds and hearing what is being said on vent, instead of the people that try to turn every WoW movie into a music video.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Saffire » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:39 pm

Aalryn,

Great Videos!

Whats the name of the mod your using in the bottom left corner that seems to keep track of heals and damage your taking graphically. Its the mod thats in a square just above your UI in bottom left corner?
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire

Postby Swagger » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:45 pm

Saffire wrote:Aalryn,

Great Videos!

Whats the name of the mod your using in the bottom left corner that seems to keep track of heals and damage your taking graphically. Its the mod thats in a square just above your UI in bottom left corner?

eavesdrop
Swagger

Postby Aalryn » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:31 am

Normally I do not like bumping, but I re-recorded the videos with better video quality, much better sound quality, and an actually successful run. I also recorded hex lord and zul'jin, which both will be posted soon.

Aalryn

Next

Return to Zul'aman