Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG game

Postby Mex » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:29 am

HolyGrace Square can be tough. If Urus uses a couple of challenging shouts, then targets you, he'll squash you. Fortunately this doesn't happen all that often. You want to hit him hard and fast. He uses more armour than ward, but this is countered by the fact that your team mates do pure melee damage, which will strip away his defenses. Build a deck with your best offensive charms, and hope that he doesn't hit you too hard!

I actually found the bunny nesting grounds quite tricky, and ended up skipping it. It's quite luck dependant. If you hit the yeti several times, then start hitting the bunnies, you'll just give him time to heal, which isn't good. That said, if you have some of the Bright Fire charms from High Summoner's Study, they can really help, since if you can focus the yeti, you'll generally be able to kill him. Just stack lots of damage charms, and try to make sure you don't have anything that does less than 6 damage. If you do hit a bunny, you want to make sure you only hit it once.

I never did the summoner's study, but Cand's advice looks pretty good, I'd follow that :)

If you find that your offensive charms aren't packing enough punch, you can also wait for a level or two until you have access to a wider range. You get new vendor charms every 5 levels, at 5, 10, 15, 20, etc, and new PvP charms every 5 levels at 7, 12, 17, 22, etc, so those levels are traditionally the ones that will give you the biggest power boosts.
Mex

Postby Passionario » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:53 am

Hmmm. I've considered just zerging them and hoping for RNG love, but I couldn't convince myself to remove those tasty Captain's Hats from my deck. :)

Oh well, I guess I'll try again once my APs restock, and see how it goes.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Candiru » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 am

How does PvP work? I haven't tried that yet. You win charms for winning?
Candiru

Postby Passionario » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:09 am

Candiru wrote:How does PvP work? I haven't tried that yet. You win charms for winning?

I haven't tried initiating PvP yet, but those people who (very successfully) attacked me seemed to get skillups and crafting materials as their reward.
Passionario

Postby Thornir » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:25 am

Holy Grace is on farm for me, but its probably because I'm stacking a lot of Magic charms, and he gets very low ward (also how I've been stomping the captain). Just stack a lot of Magic (perferably with Pen like Frost or Holy)/Armor charms. The Protect charms he drops are useful for battle like Urus and the final battle in Summoners; Just stack Protect.Armor/Ward charms and let the imps/apprentices do their thing.

For now, I'm just farming the starting bunny grounds, and not even trying the yeti more than once. Without some sort of Focus charm, I'm shooting all the bunnies with my high attack spells, and the yeti is stomping me ><.

I've been finding I use a lot of Twinblades and Frost, so idk if I should go Novice or Scout at lvl20. :?

@Pvp: You can only do non-bounty PvP in non-safe areas, andthe beginner area is safe, so you're gonnna have to move.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby guillex » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:44 am

I've finally just sat down and figured a path for my three characters... Guillex is going Paladin (big surprise), so he'll be going down the Mace/Holy Dex/Int path (I think).

Guillexia is going Death Knight I think, and Guillessia is going Assassin.

In any case... I've gotten Sewer Cleaner on Guillexia, but I'm still not getting a decent amount of charms to work on. I think I have Spirituality on her also, though I wouldn't be surprised if I'd gotten it on Guillex.

Are you guys just farming the dungeons after the sewers? Like moving to the other two non-safe cities, and doing the study/square? I'm not sure what I should be focusing on right now, and there's a whole crap ton to be doing at any given time.

Also, what've you set up as your default defense gear set? Lots of armor/ward with a bit of attack? I've got to work on that also, and make sure that I stay in the first city as much as possible. rofl.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Candiru » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:04 am

Do you loose anything for being attacked and beaten at PvP?

I've been mostly doing the dungeons and some arena fighting to level spirituality up a bit (93/100 now!). I got 5/5 captains hats now, and some Holy Scrolls which do damage and cumulative ward which seem quite nice. I might collect some more Focus charms from the study, you need a reasonable number of them to have a decent chance of drawing one. Protect charms sound usefull in some situations too, I'll have a crack at holysquare later.
Candiru

Postby Mex » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 am

PvP costs 10 AP to initiate, minus 1 AP for every level your target is above you, for a minimum of 7. So if you're 7 and attack a level 9, it costs 8 AP. You gain skillups just like regular combat, but there are also some PvP-specific skills like courage. Against equal level and higher opponents, you're guaranteed to get a PvP gem, and against lower level opponents the chance drops as their level does. PvP gems are the currency for PvP gear. Basic breakdown is -- L.1-9 = Soul Dust (level 7 items), L.10-19 = Soul Fragment (level 12 & 17 items), L.20-29 = Coloured Soul Fragments. It gets more complex from there, as different classes give different coloured gems, and different item types need different colours etc. Also, if you win in PvP, you gain rating based on the difference between your rating and your opponents'.

Defending in PvP is much simpler. It automatically uses the deck that you've marked [def] on your Gears page. If you win, you get skill points in Self Defense, or Outlaw if you have a bounty on your head. You also get some rating. That's it though -- no battle skills (axe, ward, fire, etc) and no gems. In my opinion, the best defense deck from 1-11 is a fairly even split of armor and ward. Captain's Hats work awesomely in this sort of deck. As a bonus, you can use this same type of deck to clear all of the Battle Tournament. Once you hit 12, you may wish to consider changing to a more offensive deck as you get access to level 12 PvP charms.

Really, after you've farmed the Sewers and Pirates, you have a few options. The charms from the other dungeons tend to get outdated fairly quickly, although it's worth getting 5 protects from HolyGrace Square for skilling up Defender later. It's not vital, but it helps. Other than that, you've got some options. You can do the bunny grounds, gather, get skillups in arena, PvP, or whatever else takes your fancy. I spent most of my time at 6 and 7 levelling cheat death and survival on the Prairie Sprite. Once I hit 8, I started farming IBT.
Mex

Postby Passionario » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:27 pm

My pet just won a race! Can I safely sell the statue that I got as a reward, or is it necessary for something?
Passionario

Postby Argali » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:12 pm

The Holygrace square is best done with a magic only deck, since that paladin guy has a few charms that have 24 armour.

The bunny one requires a deck that has less armour/wards, since you want to kill all the bunnies before he eats them to heal himself. Nothing like RNG of doing like half damage to the yeti, drawing 5 armor/ward cards in a row, and he eats 3 bunnies to heal 12 dmg, and then lose due to exhaustion :S
Argali

Postby Thornir » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:28 pm

According to the wiki, the trophies can be used to create vaults (gold storage) for building boosters when you join a guild. Or they can be sold for a lot of money. : /

Quick question though, does anyone know what happens when you max out Sewer Cleaner? Because I don't see any stat rewards next to it, and was wondering if I should bother maxing it.
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

Thornir

Postby Argali » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Maxing the sewer cleaner rank gives you 500g.
Argali

Postby Candiru » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:21 pm

I got given 500g for maxing out sewer cleaner, which is quite nice.

[Edit] Curse you Argali![/Edit]
Candiru

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:26 pm

So is there a Maintankadin guild in this game yet?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Thornir » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Fridmarr wrote:So is there a Maintankadin guild in this game yet?

Need 5000g and a level 20.

First one to 20 get to be GM!
Thornir

Thornir

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum