SoC vs SoV in 5 mans...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

SoC vs SoV in 5 mans...

Postby Goins2754 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Greetings Tankadins,

I have a 73 pally tank and was running through a regular dungeon the other day. I was using Seal of Command because my understanding was the "cleave" damage would help me on the multimob pulls. Of course, I would switch to Seal or Vengeance on single target mobs and bosses.

The Mage in our group immediately claimed that I had not been playing the game very long and he knew this because his ICC geared paladin had Lich King on farm. He told me I was not very good and should commit suicide because I was using the "wrong" seal.

So, was I? I understand Hammer of the Righteous will stack Sesl of Vesngeace, but not on every hit. Which is better for tanking 5 mans?

Thanks for your help!
Goins2754

Re: SoC vs SoV in 5 mans...

Postby Anorian » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:04 pm

SoC is way better in hc's you did right with using vegeance on bosses only,
Anorian

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 pm

if your having issues with threat using just SoV on multi-packs (>4 mobs) then i would switch to SoC for that back, but other whise i mostly used SoV when leveling my pally while tanking

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby yappo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:06 am

Goins2754 wrote:
The Mage in our group immediately claimed that I had not been playing the game very long and he knew this because his ICC geared paladin had Lich King on farm. He told me I was not very good and should commit suicide because I was using the "wrong" seal.

Your mage was quite wrong. Switching between SoV and SoC depending on encounter is indeed the optimal way to handle threat.
yappo

Postby greatcow95 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:41 am

For Lolheroics, I never switch out of Seal of Command. Even the bosses seem to die fast anymore because of gear inflation.
WoW is not Facebook or Myspace. Protest RealID by putting this everywhere.
greatcow95

Postby mdrjr » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:08 am

Couldn't agree more.. Mage was a morr... anyways.

When a friend hits 80 with a new toon and ask for heroics rush.

I re-spec to get SoC and get down and dirty.

It really helps, its even better when you have a fire mage spaming LB on everything even before you touch the mobs.

For leveling up (Doing 5's) I really recomend you to use SoC until you get better gear.

With better gear (level 80 ICC stuff) you'll prob won't need SoC anymore.. your AoE threat will be fine with SoV.
mdrjr

Return to Basic Training & Talents