Remove Advertisements

LF Warlock master

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

LF Warlock master

Postby littletank » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 am

My worthless loc
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&cn=Ltsgirl

OK I am so desperate for help i am posting hear lol. I always get my pally answers at this site so I am hoping for some luck with this waste of my time loc. My major grief here is all the spread sheets show her doing 10k+ but the best I have ever seen on a no gimmick fight is 9k and 6.5-7.5 as the norm based on the fight. I run the normal (LT before combat) immolation – conflag – CoD - chaos bolt-insin spam. Please I have to have something horribly jacked up and am really missing it or Blizz has really messed this class up. I can’t see it all being the horrible MS/Lat (350-600) I have in Italy.........Grrrrrrrr love their food wine and cars but they suck at internet. Please any help would be great.
LT
littletank

Re: LF Warlock master

Postby Joanadark » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:59 am

The difference you are experiencing between your actual DPS (the 9k number you quoted) and your theoretical spreadsheet optimal-conditions DPS is consistent with the amount of lag you said you experience.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby blakk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 am

littletank wrote:My worthless loc
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&cn=Ltsgirl

OK I am so desperate for help i am posting hear lol. I always get my pally answers at this site so I am hoping for some luck with this waste of my time loc. My major grief here is all the spread sheets show her doing 10k+ but the best I have ever seen on a no gimmick fight is 9k and 6.5-7.5 as the norm based on the fight. I run the normal (LT before combat) immolation – conflag – CoD - chaos bolt-insin spam. Please I have to have something horribly jacked up and am really missing it or Blizz has really messed this class up. I can’t see it all being the horrible MS/Lat (350-600) I have in Italy.........Grrrrrrrr love their food wine and cars but they suck at internet. Please any help would be great.
LT

which non gimmick fights are you doing this on? spreadsheets don't account for high latency or any movement whatsoever. unless you're inside on festergut or full time on LDW from pull to death and not switching to any adds you won't see your maximum dps and having above 150 ms throws it off as well (most spreadsheets i know of account for between 100 and 200 ms) also are you the source of CoE? that hurts your dps as well. Finding a sim that allows for you to put in your latency would probably be best for determining your actual potential.

edit: you're way over hit capped and should look for a replacement for that trinket.
blakk

Postby Mozen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:50 pm

You really can't hope to produce spreadsheet results if you're running that kind of latency. :(

But other than that, if you really want to go over everything, a combat log analysis helps a lot on finding the problem in warlock output. It helps to find little things like:

* DOT clipping
* Cool-down utilization, in particular Conflag and Chaos Bolt
* Last CoD application, are you miss-reading fight length and didn't apply CoA instead of CoD?
* Filler proportion, i.e. Incinerate

Also remember destruction isn't a rotation spec, it is a priority spec. Following a fixed rotation necessarily means you are missing out on some Immolation uptime and a lot of Conflags. But you should know that already if you've been playing destro for a while.
Mozen

Postby littletank » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:47 am

Ok maybe it is just the fact i am in Italy messing me over. I play 3 main toons just too back fill my story a bit. I play a prot/fury Warrior, ret/prot Pally and a destro Loc along with 4 other 80s lol (hang my head in shame). But I have been noticing that my numbers are a bit off and I have an odd cast lag on all my mains. By cast lag I mean I can click the cast for the next spell at like 50%-75% of the current cast and it will chain the castes together without any hesitation. If i cast any time before 50% it will kick the cannot cast message.

As to what fight i have pulled 9k on it was 25man LDW and i was solely on her. I am not the source of CoE we have moonkens and i believe DK's put in frost put that up or maybe unholy but in 25mans we have both. As to being over hit if i drop my hit trinket that puts me at at 13.59% (356.49) with suppression or 89.45 hit point below the hit cap. I thought that was a little too low to raid with? What are your thoughts, I know moonkins are worth like 3% but I have 1 I raid with not specked into it. I don’t play a druid so I don’t know it that is possible but I have been told that is just fail specking. To wrap it up any thoughts on the new info or is it just fail net connection. I know there are many connection latency fixes any solid recommendations for windows 7?

Thanks LT
littletank

Postby Epimer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:54 am

littletank wrote:By cast lag I mean I can click the cast for the next spell at like 50%-75% of the current cast and it will chain the castes together without any hesitation. If i cast any time before 50% it will kick the cannot cast message.

What are you using as your cast bar? Something like Quartz or APB (or even some unit frame setups in Pitbull or oUF, among others) display a red area on your cast bar which is when you should begin your next cast to counter your latency. I'm sure it isn't nearly as effective as actually having lower latency, but it's something.
Epimer

Postby blakk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 am

littletank wrote:
As to what fight i have pulled 9k on it was 25man LDW and i was solely on her. I am not the source of CoE we have moonkens and i believe DK's put in frost put that up or maybe unholy but in 25mans we have both. As to being over hit if i drop my hit trinket that puts me at at 13.59% (356.49) with suppression or 89.45 hit point below the hit cap. I thought that was a little too low to raid with? What are your thoughts, I know moonkins are worth like 3% but I have 1 I raid with not specked into it. I don’t play a druid so I don’t know it that is possible but I have been told that is just fail specking.

it's unholy that does CoE and if you have a shadow priest you have te same effect as that moonkin should have in his/her spec. If youhve a boonkin specced for Imp FF or a priest with misery you can drop to 289 hit rating on you character page and be capped when they are in the raid. If the boonkin isn't specced into it and you don't have a shadow priest to put misery up you're kinda wasting a raid spot(it's a Huge caster buff to need 3% less hit)
blakk

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes