[25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Belloc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:07 pm

cds4850 wrote:Smells like the door strategy for Twin Valks 25hm... it'll never work (until it actually does.)

Assumingly this will be more viable with the increased scaling of the zone buff. Think about the execution of this with 30% increased healthpools, healing, and damage output.

I'm curious to see some updates to this thread in the coming weeks.

If we actually raid tonight (fingers crossed that we don't), I'll have us try this out. I could see it working... but I don't have high hopes.

Also, doorstrat4life
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Xequecal » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Belloc wrote:
Xequecal wrote:One way to really easily beat this is to just have the entire raid bunch up close together. The bloodbolts will drop the whole raid to about 30% HP, but it's easily healable with everyone grouped up. (glyph of HL, etc) Pact of the Darkfallen just falls off without doing anything, finding people to bite is trivial because everyone is right there. The shadowflame has like a 3 second delay before it starts dropping fire, it's easy to run it out.

Have you actually tried this?


Yes, we've actually tried it. It does work, remember you still have to spread out for Bloodbolt Whirl on the air phase and then group right back up. All you have to do is make sure not to panic when the entire raid goes to 20-30% HP every 15 seconds, remember you will take no raid damage at all besides the aura and with the whole raid stacked up like that healing is stupidly easy. Glyph of HL and Circle of Healing automatically pick the lowest HP targets so you simply won't lose people if heals keep going out.

The hardest parts about the strat, at least from our experience, are:

1. Hunters have about a 2 yard area where they can still shoot the boss yet have Pact fall off without doing damage.
2. A lot of people have their boss mods yell at them when they get either swarming shadows or pact, and have conditioned themselves to start running when they get either. Mistakenly running away by reflex when you get pact instead of shadows is a wipe.
Xequecal
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby d503 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Xequecal wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Xequecal wrote:One way to really easily beat this is to just have the entire raid bunch up close together. The bloodbolts will drop the whole raid to about 30% HP, but it's easily healable with everyone grouped up. (glyph of HL, etc) Pact of the Darkfallen just falls off without doing anything, finding people to bite is trivial because everyone is right there. The shadowflame has like a 3 second delay before it starts dropping fire, it's easy to run it out.

Have you actually tried this?


Yes, we've actually tried it. It does work, remember you still have to spread out for Bloodbolt Whirl on the air phase and then group right back up. All you have to do is make sure not to panic when the entire raid goes to 20-30% HP every 15 seconds, remember you will take no raid damage at all besides the aura and with the whole raid stacked up like that healing is stupidly easy. Glyph of HL and Circle of Healing automatically pick the lowest HP targets so you simply won't lose people if heals keep going out.

The hardest parts about the strat, at least from our experience, are:

1. Hunters have about a 2 yard area where they can still shoot the boss yet have Pact fall off without doing damage.
2. A lot of people have their boss mods yell at them when they get either swarming shadows or pact, and have conditioned themselves to start running when they get either. Mistakenly running away by reflex when you get pact instead of shadows is a wipe.


It's the twins door strat all over again!!! NOOOOOOOooOoOOOOoooooOOo
User avatar
d503
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:31 pm
Location: Northern California, US

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Joanadark » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 am

That sounds more complicated and likely to fail than just doing the fight normally.
The ONLY thing it makes easier is pact, and is pact really what is killing people on progression on this fight? In my experience, you wipe far more to the bloodbolt whirl during air phase, and using a stacking strat actually makes the air phase harder.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 am

Joanadark wrote:That sounds more complicated and likely to fail than just doing the fight normally.
The ONLY thing it makes easier is pact, and is pact really what is killing people on progression on this fight? In my experience, you wipe far more to the bloodbolt whirl during air phase, and using a stacking strat actually makes the air phase harder.

I'd think that the biggest benefit of this strategy would be the DPS increase.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Joanadark » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 pm

I'd think that a guild capable of getting past DBS and Festergut DPS checks would be perfectly capable of managing the BQL DPS check without serious issues.
And if you aren't meeting the DPS check because you are having deaths due to bite order/timing and air phases, then this strat isn't going to help you but will only make your life harder.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Xequecal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:29 pm

Joanadark wrote:I'd think that a guild capable of getting past DBS and Festergut DPS checks would be perfectly capable of managing the BQL DPS check without serious issues.
And if you aren't meeting the DPS check because you are having deaths due to bite order/timing and air phases, then this strat isn't going to help you but will only make your life harder.


It helps clueless people who can't find someone to bite and just get themselves MCed. The entire raid is right there so you have no problem locating the person you're supposed to bite and there are always candidates right next to you. Also the Druids like reaching 20k HPS, we didn't get our first kill with this strat but it smooths out a lot of the problems.
Xequecal
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Joanadark » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:43 pm

Isn't there a mod that tells everybody who to bite so they don't even need to think about it?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Laz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:44 pm

I'd really like to see your logs with druids at 20k hps. I smell a troll.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/pla ... l/25H/hps/
Laz
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Xequecal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Joanadark wrote:Isn't there a mod that tells everybody who to bite so they don't even need to think about it?


Yeah there is, but you still have to FIND that person in the raid. Some people are especially bad at this. If everyone is clumped they're easy to find.

For those of you guys accusing me of trolling, just try it once. The bloodbolts do 13,500-14,500 damage and two go out. Go look it up on wowhead if you don't believe me. After ~20% resist, this never kills anyone.
Xequecal
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: [25H] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:04 pm

We gave this strategy a try on normal mode tonight (our heroics are done until we get some better players) and, yeah, it seemed mostly fine... but hunters will have to move in if they get pact. Also, if anyone fails at this, the raid wipes within seconds.


The strat works, but it's more trouble than it's worth. The DPS gain wasn't enough for me to consider using it again.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest