[Rogue] Cataclysm Preview

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Rogue] Cataclysm Preview

Postby Hokahey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:47 am

I'm far from an expert on Rogues, but it seems to me that the intent of Recuperate is for the leveling guy, who often has a spare CP or 2 sitting on a mob after he just killed them. In other words, it is a CP dump, but only dumping CPs you'd not likely have used anyhow.

I don't think its meant to be a major new factor for high end PvP/PvE. Just a nifty alternative to the constant bandaging and eating many of us non-pros have to do to level a Rogue. That's why its a HoT, and why it uses CPs (I'm guessing).
Hokahey

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Hokahey wrote:I'm far from an expert on Rogues, but it seems to me that the intent of Recuperate is for the leveling guy, who often has a spare CP or 2 sitting on a mob after he just killed them. In other words, it is a CP dump, but only dumping CPs you'd not likely have used anyhow.

I don't think its meant to be a major new factor for high end PvP/PvE. Just a nifty alternative to the constant bandaging and eating many of us non-pros have to do to level a Rogue. That's why its a HoT, and why it uses CPs (I'm guessing).

This I agree with.Definately designed for leveling help and running like hell in PVP maybe.

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I generally feel that weapon swapping is a convoluted way around intended playstyle, so I never really got into it. With the changes incoming to Ambush, and what they did with Deadly Poison in the last patch, I would imagine Blizzard agrees.

I disagree on some level - my reason for this is that in my personal opinion I try to see this from a perspective of someone who has read or plays other fantasy games. Although I agree that if your changing weapons everytime you mash a button or two it's a bit overkill.

Possible solutions could be - Put a cooldown on being able to swap out weapons or make it so you can only change weapons once your weapon is "damaged or broken".

I like the idea of the smoke bomb it looks AWESOME but I'm afraid that designing it to work properly for PVE and PVP will make 1 or the other OP or Crap..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Boyfriend wrote:I think it would be fun to have a spec have a 'weapon switching' theme where depending on current combat situation one weapon type becomes preferrable over the other.

Something like a combat rogue using daggers gets a stacking buff with every backstab they do that increases their damage done by 5% (stacks to 5) but gets removed as soon as the rogue moves, without the 25% stack swords are better than daggers otherwise daggers are and the rogue should switch weapons depending on how much movement they are expected to do.

As neat as that sounds on paper, I would not like to be the one to explain to the rogue that he now has to keep 4 different weapons up to date, gemmed, and enchanted to stay competitive.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:55 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:As neat as that sounds on paper, I would not like to be the one to explain to the rogue that he now has to keep 4 different weapons up to date, gemmed, and enchanted to stay competitive.

Well to be fair any tank with more than 1 tank set (I assume almost everyon on this site) has far more than 2 extra items, nevermind the people with an offspec.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:15 am

My spriest has +hit items for almost every slot so I can swap things around as needed for maximum performance. Obviously I have almost full set of gear for disc aswell, though a lot of that is from older non-hit shadow pieces. Pretty much anyone worth their salt has backups/alternative items for a lot of slots.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby amh » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:18 am

As long as you don´t end up with another situation where you´ve got 3 DKs, 2 fury warriors and a ret paladin aiming for the one bloody viable weapon for the entire tier. Having multiple gear-sets is cool, but it means bigger loot tables to balance out. Not to mention the disparity between 10 and 25mans in terms of getting upgrades for each slot.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:31 am

Guild rogue: "If there's one thing I never get tired of doing it is enchanting weapons with Berserking."
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby blakk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:48 am

Flex wrote:Guild rogue: "If there's one thing I never get tired of doing it is enchanting weapons with Berserking."

i wish there was a viable alternative to every mdps class enchanting the same thing
blakk

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes