Threat in ICC

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Threat in ICC

Postby Steveo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 am

Hey, guys and gals. I was hoping to get some insight into what i could do to help maximize my TPS while in ICC 25 HM's. I noticed a few other posts that were having the same problem as myself in ICC. The dps is currently ridding if not pushing over me on certain fights and I no longer feel as if I pull the same threat that I used to. I'm not sure if it's just I need a higher TPS weapon or something I'm failing at in my rotation. I'll link a parse for our Marrowgar 25 fight along with my direct armory link any input would be helpful thanks.

Parse http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9rdm ... 469&e=1770

Armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Tharlin
Steveo

Re: Threat in ICC

Postby Fetzie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:36 am

The T10 2 set bonus is a very nice threat bonus, try to get the shoulders (264 version) to activate the bonus.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Epimer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 am

Just a brief look at the Damage by Spell breakdown; for a 5 minute fight in ideal circumstances you'd expect ~50 SoRs and ~50 HotRs. I see 30 HotRs and 22 SoRs; Marrowgar had Bone Storm for ~30% of the fight, so accounting for you being nowhere near him during Bone Storm you'd still expect 30+ casts each of SoR and HotR. I'm assuming HotR has a higher usage count than SoR because you prioritised it when he was nearby during a Bone Storm (since it's averaging out at a higher damage per cast than SoR)? The breakdown just looks a little odd, is all.

Also, seven Avenger's Shield uses, despite it being unglyphed. Where were you working it into your rotation? In place of Consecration or Holy Shield while he was whirling about, or during a "stand still and 969" moment?
Epimer

Postby Marblehead » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:02 am

First of all, your rotation is wrong. We have 2 abilities with 6sec cooldown and 3 abilities with 9sec cooldown. The optimal rotation is to alternate between 6sec abilities and 9sec abilities.

Here's you rotation until the first bone storm:

And here's the correct rotation:

The first 2 rows are the 6sec abilities, while the 3 bottom rows are the 9sec abilities.
You can see how homogenized and completely periodical they are in the correct rotation.

My proposal is to visit a training dummy and optimize your rotation.

TL;DR of the above: HS-HotR-Conc-ShoR-Judge-HotR-HS-ShoR-Conc-HotR-Judge-ShoR-......

Also, as suggested before, take the 264 T10 shoulders for the 2piece bonus. Furthermore, you can use Libram of Valiance for a good threat boost and if you like, enchant your weapon with the Accuracy enchant for a little more threat, though I would recommend getting Last Word for tanking 10/12 ICC (i.e. except Sindra and LK)
Last edited by Marblehead on Fri May 20, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby knaughty » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:44 am

Step 1: Learn to do 969. There's advice how in my FAQ threat - guides menu at top of this window.

Step 2: Profit.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Steveo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Thanks for all the feedback and input, I have never had a tps problem through all of BC, up till now, and i wasn't realizing that I wasn't using my optimal rotation. Thanks for pointing this out as i can rectify this problem right away.
Steveo

Postby Meloree » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:53 am

Steveo wrote:Hey, guys and gals. I was hoping to get some insight into what i could do to help maximize my TPS while in ICC 25 HM's. I noticed a few other posts that were having the same problem as myself in ICC. The dps is currently ridding if not pushing over me on certain fights and I no longer feel as if I pull the same threat that I used to. I'm not sure if it's just I need a higher TPS weapon or something I'm failing at in my rotation. I'll link a parse for our Marrowgar 25 fight along with my direct armory link any input would be helpful thanks.

Parse http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9rdm ... 469&e=1770

Armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Tharlin

Questions are already answered, but I just felt the need to say: This is an excellent example of a "help wanted" post. Armory link and parse. No guesswork in creating solutions. Thank you, sir. I was beginning to lose hope.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations