Tips for steamvaults? (first run)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Invisusira » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:17 pm

Comma wrote:SORCERESS (female caster too) can fear too occationally.

I call shenanigans.
Invisusira

Postby tuberon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Comma wrote:SORCERESS (female caster too) can fear too occationally.

I call shenanigans.

Maybe Comma finds them scary?
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby Comma » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:44 pm

Moooooo
Comma

Postby tuberon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Well, did it last night. (and it was the daily non-heroic :D )

Blew LoH on first boss when healer went OOM.

All went perfectly fine, until we got to the end. Despite being the only one on his first trip there, I apparently was the only one who knew what to do with the final boss. I died on enrage #2.

I ended up telling them "you see mr. happy channeling at the tanks, you dps the tank, and NOTHING ELSE. Not that nicely, of course. Second time, no enrage, thought I spent half the fight with JotC on myself >.<

In review: knowing which casters posed the greatest danger, knowing the way to defeat the final boss really helped. Having a group that was smart about letting me position pulls did too. Thanks for all your help :)
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby Ezharon » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:51 pm

Gryfalia wrote: but the first one is not to be underestimated. The storm does some pretty crazy damage and it hurts a lot. Your group needs to remember that finishing casting spell_47 isn't as important as not dying.

Last night doing her heroic was..annoying with no Warlocks. If you want easy mode on her equal to a Pally tanking SH, bring 2 Warlocks..;-)

I've done an heroic SV run yesterday evening as it was the daily quest. Party was holy priest, mage, warlock, hunt and me. We've got 4 wipes on the 1st boss. We ban one elem, then down the 2nd elem and finally the boss. But each time dps were dying to soon cause of her storms. We've finally manage to down her only on 5th try. :x

I've read that on heroic she doesn't reset and can be kit. Is anybody already try this ? Is it possible to avoide her storms like this ? :?:
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:09 am

Havn't tried the kiting thing but GAWD

Friggin PUGS

Yesterday a guildy was doing it and their tank left so he was like "hay invis come tank SV for us, free badges" and I was like "kk SV is quick and easy 30 mins of funtime badges"

This healer... so bad! SO BAD

He neglected to mention that they had already wiped FIVE TIMES before the first boss. Fortunately we only wiped 4 more times before we were done (!!) once I got there.
Invisusira

Postby Far » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:13 am

On normal it is possible to hug the wall to the right after the 2 boglords at the entrance, and thereby skip the water elementals and most of the mobs in the big open area.

Anybody know if this is possible on heroics ?
Far

Postby Pizbit » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:49 am

Ahhh.... SV.
How I hate that place after having run it about 30+ times.

All AoE tankable except for the pulls with 2 Sirens Of which I think there's only 2 or 3.
You will need to LoS some. When you do put consecrate down to tick as they run to you to catch the 4th one that didn't get hit by AS.

First boss with no lock, AS left elemental as kill first, JoR the right one, Consecrate and holy shield spam, focus on left then right elemental, then boss. Then just stay out of the cloud.

Second, consecate is your fiend, may need to move boss around a bit to get all the gnomes in to it.

Third, an above posted mentioned not judging with spell reflect up, personally I think that's a bullocks idea if you have any gear on at all, just keep judging on spell reflect so you actually take some damage and get some mana back. I found that without judging(and hoping!) for a crit during spell reflect I'd run OOM faster and the healer has no problems keeping me up either way.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics