Remove Advertisements

Lynx Lord Halazzi

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Stylaan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:44 am

Since I'm eating Saberlashes for this fight's main phase I equip my avoidance equipment and my sun eater as threat is not an issue for saberlash targeting. After each saberlash I eat, I queue up an immediate Holy Light on myself to alleviate some stress on the healers.

During the phase switch I'll drop consecration to make sure the lynx doesn't run off and hold one of the targets while my warrior partner taunts the other one. We DPS the lynx.
Stylaan

Postby utena » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Healing after the lash is risky, no?

The boss dual wields and attacks quickly, and you can't block/parry/dodge while casting FoL...
utena

Postby Stylaan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:31 pm

Utena wrote:Healing after the lash is risky, no?

The boss dual wields and attacks quickly, and you can't block/parry/dodge while casting FoL...

I'm OTing, so he only hits me when he lashes, the MT soaks all the melee attacks and the Frenzy. We planned it out this way to give the healers some relief, I've never seen him saberlash twice in 2.5 seconds, so I figure healing myself is pretty safe immediately following.

Edit: Sorry, I see where there might be confusion, I didn't specify that I was the second tank soaking saberlash explicitly in my original post. Hope this clears it up a little.
Stylaan

Postby rozakk » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:02 pm

damnit i cant find the log now but just tanked this guy tonite, died at 1% so we won anyhow but i checked my death log. I died in a zerg of damage so we all assumed it was a solo lash. this did surprise me because the entire fight we hadnt been having solo lashes. (the ot was a bear druid sitting with his back to the mob, tho it seems like the avoidance check is done before lash im now convinced it isnt always, because with this method there was 100% sure split on the lash) No saber lash, but on my log starting at -2.77 seconds till i died, i took a total of 14(FOURTEEN) attacks! i dodged/parried i think 3, the rest were over 10 hits totaling around 20k dmg. this is just insane i dont think even gorefiend bursts this hard
rozakk

Postby Alberich » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:53 am

I saw success with Halazzi last night with myself as the MT and a feral druid as the OT. Basically what we did is both had target of target on - if either tank dropped below 50%, the other tank immediately taunted (provided they had health to do so). Whoever has higher avoidance in general should be the primary tank though - I won out because I have a higher total between dodge and parry than the bear's dodge alone.

In the split phase, I tanked the troll while the bear went and grabbed the lynx - I recommend Seal of Vengeance for this phase (if available). I parked Halazzi and kept Holy Shield up when I could (mindful of the fact that he couldn't crush, but also mindful of the fact that I needed to keep threat on him). At that point I dropped into cleanse duty to make sure we kept Flame Shock off of the raid.

What basically happened is the druid would drag the lynx back to me right before they would rejoin so that he was immediately in position for saber lash.

19k health should be enough to carry you through this fight - it's all I had with buffs but it seemed to work (at least, until he dropped his totem and saberlashed in p3 and smacked both tanks. Thankfully, the raid was spread out enough that as he ran and ganked people one-by-one, the dots took out the last 2% or so of his health).
Alberich

Postby adese » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 am

Alberich wrote:I saw success with Halazzi last night with myself as the MT and a feral druid as the OT. Basically what we did is both had target of target on - if either tank dropped below 50%, the other tank immediately taunted (provided they had health to do so). Whoever has higher avoidance in general should be the primary tank though - I won out because I have a higher total between dodge and parry than the bear's dodge alone.

Ooh, that's a really good idea - makes the fight a bit simpler, a more controlled version of the Bear fight. I'll have to try that next time I'm in there.
adese

Postby Alberich » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:34 am

Glad I could be of service. :D

I'll be sure to post if any further strategy refinements hit me. I do recommend popping the Moroes trinket if available at the beginning of each combined phase - it should help the healers deal with transitioning from cross healing to double-target healing.

Also, for split phases, SPREAD OUT - this will mitigate lightning totem damage.
Alberich

Postby Comma » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:09 pm

Just found a possible disadvantage for paly tanking the lynx add, when the lynx ignore the consecration and go to healer, he might change target often, then if your taunt is missed (due to target changing), its quite hard to get him back with dmg, did 1k and couldnt pull it back last time, best way is to consecration right before spawning lynx, taunt + bop, or have an OT to do lynx.

Highly recommend we MT the boss, so you can spam consecration without watching boss hp/ your mana. ;p
Comma

Postby Aalryn » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:57 pm

Comma wrote:Just found a possible disadvantage for paly tanking the lynx add, when the lynx ignore the consecration and go to healer, he might change target often, then if your taunt is missed (due to target changing), its quite hard to get him back with dmg, did 1k and couldnt pull it back last time, best way is to consecration right before spawning lynx, taunt + bop, or have an OT to do lynx.

Highly recommend we MT the boss, so you can spam consecration without watching boss hp/ your mana. ;p

if you have trouble getting the tiger, just have your OT taunt it and pull it back into your consecration.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Comma » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:05 pm

We had warrior MT boss last time, then I swapped to MT boss instead after finding out this problem.

Before that, I did any tanking role here without any technical problem. >_>
Comma

Postby Morganim » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:12 pm

Aalryn wrote:
Comma wrote:Just found a possible disadvantage for paly tanking the lynx add, when the lynx ignore the consecration and go to healer, he might change target often, then if your taunt is missed (due to target changing), its quite hard to get him back with dmg, did 1k and couldnt pull it back last time, best way is to consecration right before spawning lynx, taunt + bop, or have an OT to do lynx.

if you have trouble getting the tiger, just have your OT taunt it and pull it back into your consecration.

I usually tend to run this with the newer warrior in my guild who's got pretty much full badge/za gear (looks awesome hes a troll). He likes to MT so i just OT (wow easy)

Basically we just stand on each other. at 75% 50% and 25% i hit consecrate, spam my /tar whatever the lynx is called macro, then hit AS.

We both have over 21k buffed hp though so saber lashes are pretty tame and even if some reason we take a full one we dont die :P
Guess overgearing is easy mode
Morganim

Previous

Return to Zul'aman