Remove Advertisements

Fathom Lord Karathress : The hunter

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Fathom Lord Karathress : The hunter

Postby divinituss » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:13 am

Hey guys,

Basically i failed on taking the hunter's pet in FLK attempt. Usually Im lost about where he spawns and the pet will go amok and wipe the raid. Does anyone has any experience on doing this. (Taking both the hunter and the pet together)

Thanks!
Kimbeatina - Frostmourne

divinituss

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:47 am

I did for the first time this week, I just kept consecrate up and when the pet spawned I tabbed quickly and judged Right on him. He was on me for the next 4 minutes until he died.
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Dorvan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:41 pm

I always tank him up against a wall to avoid getting punted around. Rather than going straight to the wall though, I usually get about halfway there, drop a consecrate and wait for him to summon his pet, and then go the rest of the way to the wall. I've found that if you're still moving around when he first summons the pet it's easy to fail to pick it up, and onc it's loose it's a bit of a pain to get back, especially if one of the healers on the opposite side of the room was the one to draw aggro.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby zixa » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:22 am

I use rank 4 consecrate in that fight, putting out god tps isnt neccesary because we kill shaman first, then hunter. Usually rank 4 cons picks it up by itself but always be fast to judge it, save your judgement cooldown for it when you think its going to summon. Quickly tab target it and judge it. I usually stay off of the wall until the shaman is almost dead, then I back into the corner. And the shaman tank comes over and taunts the pet off me to help my healers out a bit.
zixa

Postby Tekkel » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:04 am

I usually get a MD for the hunter. I just autohit with sor untill he whistles and calls his pet. Judge the pet and then move both of them back to a wall. I also got 2 select macros for the pets. Makes it easy to taunt them back.
Tekkel

Postby Dassandic » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:11 pm

I pickup the hunter with JOR and move to my spot up against the pillar closest to thier orginal spawn point drop an R6 cons. When the hunter whistles to summon his pet I toss my shield pop AW tab and JOR. Don't forget to judge wis on the hunter viper sting sux. Our kill order is hunter,pet,shaman,priest and then the boss.
Dassandic

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:38 pm

We have a DPS war or feral druid staying near me, his job is simply taunting the pet and waiting for me to taunt it back.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rainge » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:03 am

There's a pillar very close to where FLK and his minions start at. If I'm on the hunter, I keep myself against the pillar and never let consecrate get off cooldown until the pet spawns - tab and judge - then take them to wherever they need to be tanked.
Rainge

Postby Mouse » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:05 am

Rainge wrote:There's a pillar very close to where FLK and his minions start at. If I'm on the hunter, I keep myself against the pillar and never let consecrate get off cooldown until the pet spawns - tab and judge - then take them to wherever they need to be tanked.

same, I auto attack him, with HS and consecrate, and simply tab over and judge when he spawns.
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Arkellian » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:24 pm

I find that having a hunter MD Fathom-Guard Sharkkis to me, so I can toss AS at him without drawing the wrath of his friends, then moving him to my tanking spot to be most effective.

Sharkkis cannot summon while moving it seems, so you will notice him pause for a second as he summons. When he summons, even a fast moving spore bat, the summoned creature doesn't move immediately either.

I drop a consecrate as soon as I see Sharkkis pause, and keep moving to my tanking position. The consecration ticks and both come to me as soon as they can. I'll do a JoR on the pet if I am in range as well.

Beware that the elementals will die and be resummoned repeatedly, so you have to keep consecrate up with an elemental on you. The spore bat seems to be much more durable.
Arkellian

Postby eska » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:22 pm

just tab target and save your 2nd judgment for it.

make sure you listen for the whistle, after you hear it you have about a second to hit tab judge the pet and tab back to the hunter. Its not entirely difficult just takes some getting use to. just make sure your back is to a wall becuase he does do a knockback that will punt you about 6 yards (not that bad but its still annoying)

once you have the hunter in position though he will either summon a spore bat or an elemental. If it is the elemental be careful because it seems to despawn after awhile and then he summons a new pet (which by now cons. will just pick up if you are stationary)

the elemantal despawns but not the sporebat.

i suggested my guild strategy and i worked on MS paint for awhile to convey my idea. It seems to work flawlessly. Ill fix it up and try and repost it on these forums.
eska

Postby Nebuchadneza » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:55 pm

I tank the Hunter and our Drood tanks the Shaman. We tank them on top of each other too.

We get all DPS to start on the Shaman and then switch to the Hunter when I have the Hunter and pet in position. The Hunter is misdirected to me and I use a Judgement of Blood on the pet then forget about it until Sharkiss is dead. As long as you have a judgement saved for the initial pickup on the pet you should be fine in dragging it back to the DPS location.

Slightly off track but relavant all the same:
We use two Aimshot Hunters for the Mortal Strike debuff effect that the skill has since the last patch. Not sure if the MS debuff stacks from both of them (It definitely doesn't show up that way) but it still seems to limit how much healing each of the adds receive pretty effectively. We only put 1 tank and 1 healer on the Priest add, and forget about her until we have the Shaman and Hunter down. The Warrior tank on the Priest still does his spell interrupts when he can, but that's all.

On our second ever kill we had Karathress down in 8 minutes. (Lots of wipes to get to that point though on previous days)
Nebuchadneza

Postby Kyroro » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:37 pm

To pick up the hunter and his pet by yourself, during the pull all you have to do is have him immobile and keep spamming consecrate until the pet spawns. This would save feral druids, dps warriors, MDs etc. which can be increased DPS.

We typically only have 1-2 MDs available and obviously one will go to the shaman tank, the other will go towards the priest. I position myself in the path of the pull, SoR and judge the hunter, and then just stay there until the pet spawns. Then I drag them both into my designated corner. Just make sure your healers keep up with you.

I've done this without fail for about 3 weeks, so give it a shot. It frees up resources in your raid to do other things.
Kyroro

Postby quoll » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:13 pm

While not so helpful, I tend just to rely on cons rank 4 at least getting the pets attention so I can judge my current seal straight on him and tank away. If I have any issues, I generally have a misdirect left open to me to get it back into my happy tanking space.
quoll

Postby Witchaven » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:47 am

I've done this a few times now, and what I do is Judge Righteousness on the Hunter to grab aggro, back him towards the pillar closest to the pull, and drop a max rank Consecration about halfway there and wait for him to summon his pet. The pet hits Consecration, then focuses on me. I then just move back to the Pillar and tank both there, just using Consecration to grab the pet.
I have yet to fail to pick up the pet doing this.
Witchaven

Next

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern