The seal of seals?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

The seal of seals?

Postby Dendrah » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 am

I had been reading here and changed my specc to the crusader specc. I also picked up the news about tanking with seal of command and how it rock combined with reckoning.
Now I don't have reckoning in my specc but this morning I tried the seal of command anyway.

I did a halls of reflection run with veangeance up till the general fight and commander for the escaping part. I came across this result.

I have had 5OO'ish hits with vengeance which did about the same damage as the 300'ish hits of Commander. Seeing the amount fo time I used commander I was surprised that it did so much dmg. On the benefit side for commander I have to say it were all AoE situations.

What seal should we use when? Vengeance as far as I know is still the one for tanking but Commander behaved so good...

May I conclude it this way?
Vengeance for bosses and large trash since you get to full stacks and get no splash potential on commander, while commander for anything that dies fast or has friends near by that can receive the splash?
Dendrah

Re: The seal of seals?

Postby Anorian » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:30 am

I use vengeance on single target and command on 3 or more mobs. You won't get 5 stacks rolling on big pulls on many mobs while command just splashes around and does its trick on its own.
Anorian

Postby Kelaan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 am

Dendrah wrote:What seal should we use when? Vengeance as far as I know is still the one for tanking but Commander behaved so good...

Boss or Single Target: Vengeance
Trash Packs: Command or Righteousness. (They die too fast to get 5-stacks of SoV)
Rotface oozes: Righteousness (you only judge, and it has highest judgement damage).
Kelaan

Postby Jedah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:02 am

when i'm tanking heroics on my pally i just put on Seal of Command and never look back. Vengeance is better on bosses of course, but not so much better that it matters in a heroic.
Jedah

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 am

This should pretty much be common sense right?

Would I rather hit 1 mob or 3?
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations