Raid Composition Spreadsheet

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Raid Composition Spreadsheet

Postby beornus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 am

I am looking for a cheat sheet of sorts to help organize 10/25 PUGs etc. I am not looking for specific strategies but the preferred composition of a raid boss fight (X tanks, Y DPS, Z heals) as a guide. If it had a breakdown of ideal numbers of melee and ranged DPS that would be even better.

I imagine someone has put something like this together, was hoping some readers might point me in the right direction.

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Re: Raid Composition Spreadsheet

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:35 pm

beornus wrote:I am not looking for specific strategies but the preferred composition of a raid boss fight (X tanks, Y DPS, Z heals) as a guide.

For 10-man raiding, nearly every fight can be done with 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 DPS. SOME fights work well with a third healer, and very few only need one tank.

for 25-man raiding, 2-3 tanks are necessary. Many fights are 2-tank fights, but a third tank makes fights like Rotface and plague wing trash easier. (We use three tanks on Deathwhisper, too.) I don't know how many healers we use.

Our general tactic is to Add More DPS if we have trouble on a fight; very rarely can we outheal problems, whereas killing things faster (adds, bosses, etc) helps avoid it.
Kelaan

Postby d503 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:51 pm

beornus wrote:I am looking for a cheat sheet of sorts to help organize 10/25 PUGs etc. I am not looking for specific strategies but the preferred composition of a raid boss fight (X tanks, Y DPS, Z heals) as a guide. If it had a breakdown of ideal numbers of melee and ranged DPS that would be even better.

I imagine someone has put something like this together, was hoping some readers might point me in the right direction.

It's not EXACTLY what you're looking for, but here's a great tool from MMO-Champion that lets you understand what buffs are present or missing from your raid: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

This should help you synergize which classes you pick.

As far as rules of thumb for ICC?

25man - 6 Healers for most fights will get it done. You can 5 heal some of the easier early wing fights (assuming normal). 2 Tanks for everything but PP, if your tanks are good, though we use 3 for Blood Princes and 3 for Putricide.

10man - 2 healers for the earlier wings, 3 healers for BQL and beyond. 2 Tanks for all fights, though you can get away with 1 tank on Marrowgar if your healers are good (again, assuming normal).

Just fill the rest in with a good complimentary group of DPS. Not too many of either melee/physical or ranged/magic.
d503

Postby beornus » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:21 am

Thanks guys! Any fights in ToC/ToGC that require a special composition or it is basically the same rules of thumb? Am part of a 10man guild but some of us are looking to broaden our horizons in our free time (mainly 25 man runs) and if we have to organize the runs we want to put them together correctly.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:17 am

beornus wrote:Any fights in ToC/ToGC that require a special composition or it is basically the same rules of thumb?

Jaraxxus needs an interrupter, and someone to purge or spellsteal his damage buff. We normally tank with two tanks (add tank + boss tank), but I'd wager that it could be done with one. Three is overkill. DKs work well on the elementals, but also are good interrupters.

Faction Champions really benefits from mortal strike and a dedicated cleanser (or two). Re-castable CCs and fears can help, too, but all CC and taunts are on pvp diminishing returns (10 sec, 3 sec, immune). A skilled druid can really do well at tying up an enemy (bash, cyclone, feral charge, etc. I forget the rotation but one set of skills lets you have 100% lockdown without diminishing returns).
Twins requires laughter.
Kelaan

Postby Belloc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 am

beornus wrote:Thanks guys! Any fights in ToC/ToGC that require a special composition or it is basically the same rules of thumb? Am part of a 10man guild but some of us are looking to broaden our horizons in our free time (mainly 25 man runs) and if we have to organize the runs we want to put them together correctly.

25-man heroic Anub'arak (ToGC) requires 3-4 HoPs (preferably 4), 3-4 party heals (resto shaman healing steam totem, shadow priest passive healing, etc... read that thread for details), and almost demands 1-2 block tanks (2 is much safer than 1)... but... it doesn't really matter -- that fight isn't really puggable.
Belloc

Return to General Strats