Remove Advertisements

[Ret-PVE] The hilt's weapon, is it worth the gold?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret-PVE] The hilt's weapon, is it worth the gold?

Postby solayman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:20 am

Edit:
i bought the Battered hilt for 7.5K gold. I still have a dilemma, as to which weapon is better?
Quel'Delar, Might of the Faithful
or the two weapon from icc10, which i do weekly:
Ramaladni's Blade of Culling
Citadel Enforcer's Claymore

If Rawr is any accurate, then the battered hilt weapon actually have the lowest dps for my gear (see armory)!
axe: 7798.25 DPS
sword: 7790.39 DPS
battered hilt: 7548.96 DPS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently using Tyrannical Beheader as a weapon, which really holds me back in terms of dps.
I'm running ICC/Toc10 with my guild every week, and puging TOC25, so getting my upgrade from there is only a matter of time, i guess in the next two weeks.

question is, should i bother with the weapon from the hilt quest chain, or just be satisfied with the weapon from those raids? according to all sources on net, the hilt is better.

I'm asking this question since i will have to buy the hilt. after 35 days, 6 runs a day and no drop, i guess it will never drop for me! it costs around 9K Gold on the ah.
I'm not swimming with gold, around 1K gold a day to provide 3 toons, so those 9K don't come so easy.
Last edited by solayman on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
solayman

Re: [Ret-PVE] The hilt's weapon, is it worth the gold?

Postby ulushnar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:40 am

If you have the gold, sure, but if you have access to ICC10, then the Sword from the first boss is decent if you can use the hit and the mace from Valithria is also pretty nice if you need the expertise.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorianloken » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 am

The hilt is indeed a very good weapon. Certainly better than anything you can get from ToC, and if I remember right, then the ICC-10 weapons except the loot from Arthas are inferior to it.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:50 am

I'm unsure on icc-10 weaponry but if I remember right they have an abundance of expertise on it, that can be really hard to fit, especially since like every piece of dps gear from icc-10 has expertise on it. So yes if you won't see Bryn'troll then the Hilt is a worthy investment.

[edit](But as lythac added Bryn'troll is superior, and there might be ways to get your hands on it)[/edit]
Last edited by Boyfriend on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:54 am

Judging by your armory you have the gear to pug ICC25 as well. There doesn't seem to be any GDKP alliance side which would have been the ideal thing for you. Try and pug ICC25, hopefully Bryntroll will drop before you have the 9k saved.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:04 am

Don't feel bad... first time I ran PoS the hilt dropped on opening day.. I had no idea what it was so I greeded it. Lost it to a pair of guys who hit need. I haven't seen it drop since then!
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Dakiros » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:38 am

I'm using it on my DK (drop, didn't buy it) mainly because I hadn't gotten a weapon from ICC10. If Rawr is at all accurate (debatable for DKs) its the best weapon for me in my current gear for the ilevel even though I am below the hit cap and the sword off Marrowgar would cover that. My pally has the sword from Marrowgar and he needs the hit to stay capped, Rawr is still saying QD is a better weapon for him too.

That being said, I don't know if its worth the money to buy it, better to put your cash into primo saronites and get the pants/boots made imo.
Dakiros

Postby solayman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:47 am

thanks for everyone's comments.
I decided to pass over buying it in the end. although it's the best one for me now before icc25, it's just to much gold.
i will spend the gold on my druid alt epic flayer, which has alchemy/herb, and raise those professions. in the long run i will be making even more gold per day, and maybe later on enough to buy the hilt if I'm that unlucky :P
Last edited by Baelor on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the font size
solayman

Postby Vorianloken » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:58 am

@ solayman

should fix the font in your last post :)
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby solayman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 am

sorry about the font.
also, first post edited, please help out :-).
solayman

Postby Vorianloken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:48 am

It pretty much just depends on your hit/exp needs FWIW.

IIRC then top-end damage on a weapon is the big thing to look out for and QD has better damage than both weapons and is a tad slower, although the DPS is roughly the same. But with using +20 str gems for both weapons they come out ahead for raw str. As I said, just depends on your hit/exp levels. Sorry can't help much.

I have all three but I use QD because of the higher top-end damage and I'm already at the hit/exp caps so half the green stats on both weapons are wasted for me.

Vorianloken

Postby solayman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:10 am

check my armory :-):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ragnaros&cn=Solayman
I'm way over hit cap, so it's not a problem for me.
about expertise, i have 22 (cap is 26?).
solayman

Postby Vorianloken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 am

yes the expertise cap is 26 so that your attacks on target no longer can be dodged. More than that is wasted as mobs cannot parry from behind

Vorianloken

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes