[Prot Warrior - PvE] Frost and Triumph Emblem Purchases

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Prot Warrior - PvE] Frost and Triumph Emblem Purchases

Postby Doogiehowser » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... tetheplate

So here's my warrior tank. I have currently saved up enough badges for the Frost Emblem purchase. However, the belt is well within my reach after 3 days of randoms.

Now, both the cloak and belt appear to be very high on the loot rank for tanks. I plan on getting them both but for the "here and now", should I just wait for the belt since it would be a higher ilevel increase? (Don't comment on the gems in the belt, I've been to lazy to switch them out.)

For gloves, I'm leaning towards the armor enchant.

Any other suggestions for my warrior would be greatly appreciated. I think I should get the glyph of blocking for the added mitigation and dps/threat and possibly drop the revenge glyph but any insight would be awesome.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: deleted a stupid question of my own...
Doogiehowser
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am

Re: [Prot Warrior - PvE] Frost and Triumph Emblem Purchases

Postby Vorianloken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:53 am

I would say the cloak because of the dearth of cloaks in raids compared to belts.

Cloaks: None in ToC10 until heroic loot chest. One from 2nd boss in ToC25 and another from heroic loot chest. And ICC-10 has one in the plague wing I believe. No idea about ICC-25.

Belts: One from ToC10 off 2nd boss and another off the 4th boss in ToC25. Dreamwalker drops one in 10-man ICC and Festergut drops another in ICC25
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Los Angeles, US

Re: [Prot Warrior - PvE] Frost and Triumph Emblem Purchases

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 am

Excellent point. I picked up the cloak a couple nights ago. Thanks!
Doogiehowser
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am

Re: [Prot Warrior - PvE] Frost and Triumph Emblem Purchases

Postby amh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 am

Doogiehowser wrote:I think I should get the glyph of blocking for the added mitigation and dps/threat and possibly drop the revenge glyph but any insight would be awesome.


The Revenge-glyph is awesome for bosses in heroics, but that's more or less the only situation where I need the rage. Trash keeps me filled up, same with most raid bosses (except Jaraxxus, the pussy). Glyphs of Devastate + Shield Wall + Blocking is good shit. :)

Edit: Moving two points from Cruelty into Shield Spec should help if you got rage-issues.
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Re: [Prot Warrior - PvE] Frost and Triumph Emblem Purchases

Postby hoho » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:06 am

amh wrote:The Revenge-glyph is awesome for bosses in heroics, but that's more or less the only situation where I need the rage. Trash keeps me filled up, same with most raid bosses (except Jaraxxus, the pussy).
For heroics the trick is to pull the boss while last pack is still beating on you and have it die to cleaves :)
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: [Prot Warrior - PvE] Frost and Triumph Emblem Purchases

Postby amh » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:53 am

hoho wrote:
amh wrote:The Revenge-glyph is awesome for bosses in heroics, but that's more or less the only situation where I need the rage. Trash keeps me filled up, same with most raid bosses (except Jaraxxus, the pussy).
For heroics the trick is to pull the boss while last pack is still beating on you and have it die to cleaves :)


Haha, good idea. :) Got to try that at some point.
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi


Return to Off-specs & Other Classes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest