Karazhan Health Req

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Karazhan Health Req

Postby Mordual » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Is there a list for how much minimum HP you need for each boss in Kara?

Cants access armory at work, sorry for not having my armory link.
LV 70 Paladin
Ysera Server
Mordual

Re: Karazhan Health Req

Postby Vanifae » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:17 pm

Mordual wrote:Is there a list for how much minimum HP you need for each boss in Kara?

If you can't hit 10K health unbuffed before Karazhan especially with 2.3 Combat Expertise you should just kill yourself.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Absolute minimum I used to bring to Kara was 10Kish unbuffed, provided they ensured to bring food and potions/flask to make up for being undergeared. I would be hesitant to bring a tank with less than 11k health after 2.3.
Zhalseran

Postby Zahir » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:48 am

also depends on your healers too. You can have less HP if your healers are on the ball, but it creates less of a margin of error when you have more HP to help the healers have a easier time.

But like everyone else said, put effort into working on your tank gear before stepping foot in kara. It's not free loot unless you outgear the instance. And reaching above 10K unbuffed is very easy now.
Zahir

Postby Mordual » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:20 pm

Was wondering coz I'm at 14k buffed and was told I dont have enough HP to tank Curator. Which was kinda funny coz I was able to tank Illhoof just fine.
LV 70 Paladin
Ysera Server
Mordual

Postby Vanifae » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:24 pm

Mordual wrote:Was wondering coz I'm at 14k buffed and was told I dont have enough HP to tank Curator. Which was kinda funny coz I was able to tank Illhoof just fine.

Whoever told you that is pretty much not smart.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Garov » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:24 pm

Mordual wrote:Was wondering coz I'm at 14k buffed and was told I dont have enough HP to tank Curator. Which was kinda funny coz I was able to tank Illhoof just fine.
Someone is being way waaay too careful. Unbuffed I'm at 12.6k and that's fine for Prince. Not sure what my buffed #'s are atm.
Garov

Postby Zhalseran » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:24 pm

I've tanked every boss in Karazhan with 13.3k

Curator especially is a wimp
Zhalseran

Postby Zahir » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Vanifae wrote:

Whoever told you that is pretty much not smart.

QFT
Zahir

Postby Jhereg » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:15 am

Not that this is advisable, at all, but I tanked Prince successfully with no forti and only 11.3k hp unbuffed.
Jhereg

Re: Karazhan Health Req

Postby Nicos » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:52 am

Vanifae wrote:
Mordual wrote:Is there a list for how much minimum HP you need for each boss in Kara?

If you can't hit 10K health unbuffed before Karazhan especially with 2.3 Combat Expertise you should just kill yourself.

Vanifae is right... I'm only level 68 and I've already passed 10k unbuffed. oO
Nicos

Postby kalbear » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:15 pm

If you're uncrittable and uncrushable you're going to have a good amount of HP. If you're not uncrushable you should have more. If you're not uncrittable you shouldn't be there at all.

Vanifae is right... I'm only level 68 and I've already passed 10k unbuffed. oO
Yeah, but you have nothing for defense or avoidance. Sorry Nicos, but saying that you're at 10.5k HP when you've got 406 def isn't all that special. :p
kalbear

Postby blitzshark » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:35 am

I had the same question till I started reading. I have been using this site to build my pally pretty much since lvl 65. I have one question though. I have PUG'd many times and it has caused me to question my readiness to tank Kara. Though last night I served as OT for a run to Shade. Anyway my actual question was, why do druid healers seem to have a hard time keeping me up? I have no problem with most pally and priest healers, but druids seem to be completely screwed up. (FYI my sig is a little messed up today cause I logged with res sickness and durability at 0%). Feel free to look me up on the armory and give an hint or critiques you would like.
blitzshark

Postby Fedaykin98 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:52 am

I don't know druid healing or anything, but I will say this: good healers make a world of difference. Bad healers can cause a wipe on an encounter you've been farming for months, and really good healers will enable victory against encounters you didn't think you could do.
Fedaykin98

Postby blitzshark » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:18 pm

No agruement there. I have a list of good healers in my friends list. The example that caused me to question healing was tanking H ramparts. Did it no problem with a pally healer then the next day tried with a druid. Same gear and group build except the healer.
blitzshark

Next

Return to Karazhan