Karazhan- how fast can you do it?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Karazhan- how fast can you do it?

Postby Eanaddare » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:35 am

So last night after raid my guild decided to farm some badges in Karazhan.

I was expecting a good 4 hours farm even when I am AoE tanking.

But then it took us only 2 hour 15 min to clear the entire place, including a wipe in netherspite. That time for 22 badges is a total hax IMO.

So.... what is your quickest record?
Eanaddare

Postby Ghinzu » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:51 am

Gear level ? ^^
Ghinzu

Postby Eanaddare » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:38 am

Ghinzu wrote:Gear level ? ^^

We just killed Kael'thas this week.

So gear is pretty much full T5 level.
Eanaddare

Postby Melathys » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:42 am

Eanaddare wrote:
Ghinzu wrote:Gear level ? ^^

We just killed Kael'thas this week.

So gear is pretty much full T5 level.

that would explain it.
Melathys

Postby Aessina » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:30 am

We killed Gruul a few times, never even tried Magtheridon, so not quite full T4. We can clear Karazhan in just shy of 4hrs.
Aessina

Postby SAP_Pete » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:05 pm

We're pretty casual in Kara gear, and usually take two night to clear Kara.

Last night we cleaned out what was left (port up to Shade, Chess, Prince w/ one wipe due to weird infernal placement, Netherspite, Nightbane) in about 60 minutes. That would make for a total of 4 hours, but we'd probably make it in 3 1/2 or less if we put the pedal to the metal.
- 70 Rogue Combat Swords (Raider)
- 70 Mage Deep Frost (PvP)
- little blue Pally that hopes to be a tank someday
SAP_Pete

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:10 pm

Just under 3 hours with our pro group, probably a little faster if I wasn't a retard and wiped us on Netherspite. :)
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby chayde » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 pm

The group I lead normally clears it casually in 4ish hours. However we dont do netherspite because the group composition changes each week and I almost never have a group capable of clearing him.
chayde

Postby Stylaan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:18 am

Usually 2-2.5 hours.
Stylaan

Postby gwayne » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:51 am

chayde wrote:The group I lead normally clears it casually in 4ish hours. However we dont do netherspite because the group composition changes each week and I almost never have a group capable of clearing him.

Erm? You only need 2 tanks for the red beam and 2 non-mana users for the green beam (or hunters at a push). Anyone can stand in the blue beam. Or do you mean the group doesn't know tactics each week :)

We usually have the tanks rotating between red and green (unless a paladin is tanking in which case a dps will take their place in the green beam). Personally I usually take the red beam for one phase and the blue beam for the second.
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:04 am

About 3 hours for a full clear. Been killing gruuls for a little more than a month and VR twice.

Always playing my mage though :<
Keiran

Postby Tekkel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:43 am

2 hours 15 min with a group of only mains that know what to do.
3.5 hours with alts in half kara gear avarage.

We used to get some wipe fests before the patch with undergeared alts but since we fixed that we make rly smooth runs :)
Tekkel

Postby Vanifae » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:49 am

gwayne wrote:
chayde wrote:The group I lead normally clears it casually in 4ish hours. However we dont do netherspite because the group composition changes each week and I almost never have a group capable of clearing him.

Erm? You only need 2 tanks for the red beam and 2 non-mana users for the green beam (or hunters at a push). Anyone can stand in the blue beam. Or do you mean the group doesn't know tactics each week :)

We usually have the tanks rotating between red and green (unless a paladin is tanking in which case a dps will take their place in the green beam). Personally I usually take the red beam for one phase and the blue beam for the second.

Netherspite is rather simple.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Keiran » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:29 am

Vanifae wrote:
gwayne wrote:

Netherspite is rather simple.

If your group doesnt consist of a few retards
Keiran

Postby Fearonir » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:21 pm

I MT'd a Kara clear in 2 hours 58 minutes 46 seconds. The Guild Master timed it because I made a bet with the MT of the other Kara group.

Fearonir

Next

Return to Karazhan