Advanced tweaking?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Advanced tweaking?

Postby PuffTMD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Hello all - LONG-time reader, LOVE this site. Toon = PHIRE on Runetotem (US).

Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... m&cn=Phire

I consider myself an experienced tankadin - been one since first day of BC. Please check spec at your convenience. Major thoughts are getting SealofCleave (been meaning to, not really optional if no other changes are made). Real question is 20% raidwall vs. Imp HoJ. I love my 30-sec HoJ, but mostly for PvPing. I'll give it up if I have to. /sigh I recently read that it is actually useful on LK - I hope so as I love PvPing, but would not sacrifice top tanking for it. Realized just a while ago that raidwall is also a personal CD, which I had not really considered because of the cancelaura requirement - which I didn't think of. (Thanks Theck!!)

I have no ego to speak of if it means improving my toon. Thanks in advance!
PuffTMD

Re: Advanced tweaking?

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 am

Imp HoJ is indeed slightly useful on on LichKing-Valkyries but even without it you'll be able to stun 3 waves in a row (your hammer just gets delayed more and more every wave as it's slightly behind the valkyrie cooldown). But it's hardly mandatory, more of a convenience; I'd think of Raidwall to be more useful in the fight, and certainly in others.

I'd take a point out of Conviction for SoC and you should use Vengeance Glyph instead of Avengers Shield (though I can see that AS glyph is very nice for pvp, it does not do much in pve) Vengeance is the highest threat glyph we have and nice avoidance on Sindragosa too (parry haste).
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Re: Advanced tweaking?

Postby PuffTMD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 am

TYVM! Yea, I guess it's time to give up the ghost for Prot PvP. It's still marginally useful in some BG's (AV and IoC in particular), but useless now for Arena. I will make the changes you suggested, and again, tyvm for the response. I guess I'll start spending my extra honor on a PvP Holy set. /sigh
PuffTMD

Return to Basic Training & Talents