[10] Rotface

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Rotface

Postby Shathus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:25 am

Flex wrote:What is your DPS running at for Rotface? Due to internet suck I had to relog and lost most of the raid night logs but our rogue said he was close to 10K DPS on him, according to Recount, and our lowest DPS sits at around 6K.

How fast are your kills just out of curiosity? I was looking at our logs from last week and we're no where near those numbers, but have been killing him consistently for weeks now.

We finished in 3:44 with upper dps close to 7k, lower at 4 and 5k. This week was even sloppier and we almost wiped (was just an off-night in general) and had lower #s.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 am

My raid has really poor dps and we've killed him the last few weeks, on our last run we one-shot him (the week before we wiped to healers getting early slimes). I lost the logs for last week's kill, but on the week before we killed him in 3:52, with 31k raid dps. Our best was at 8k, but three people were only pulling 3-3.5k dps*.

When we first started on this boss we'd only do a few attempts a night and it would be horrible. When we sat down and dedicated a couple of hours to it, after a while things just started clicking, and once that happened our attempts just got better and better. We downed him the week before the 5% buff (and the disease rate nerf) went active.

Once people work out how to run and drop off their slimes, the fight gets pretty easy, imo.

*Yeah, this is a big problem in the guild. These people are in 251 gear, and last week a couple of them did less dps than I did while tanking Festergut.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shathus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:31 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
*Yeah, this is a big problem in the guild. These people are in 251 gear, and last week a couple of them did less dps than I did while tanking Festergut.

Yah, this is why we cant down Festergut 25. We had a couple attempts last week, I was #11 on the dps. Granted the 90% damage buff didn't hurt, but I pulled 6k and I wasn't even in my threat gear. Come on!

/end thread derail.

I find we tend to down Rotface sometime after the 2nd ooze explosion.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:37 am

Shathus wrote:How fast are your kills just out of curiosity? I was looking at our logs from last week and we're no where near those numbers, but have been killing him consistently for weeks now.

We finished in 3:44 with upper dps close to 7k, lower at 4 and 5k. This week was even sloppier and we almost wiped (was just an off-night in general) and had lower #s.

He's the only boss of that wing we three heal due to the chance a healer getting chain injected, however now that out Holy Paladin has caught up gear wise (I think this is his 4th week back starting from a gear level of Naxx 10 some Ulduar 10 gear and only one ToC 10 run to gear up for ICC) we may go to 2 healing, so our kills are roughly the same as yours two healing it, last kill I have log for was 3:37. Seems I underestimated the movement penalties to our casters, they float in the mid 5Ks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Dilvish » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:52 am

Turns out we ended up back to the normal / traditional strat and downed him for the first time last Saturday. Just needed practice practice practice...nothing comes easy to us. :wink:
Dilvish
Maintankadonor

Postby agetro » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:25 am

Before the bombs land, should the tank move as well? What's the damage radius?
agetro

Postby Boyfriend » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:28 am

Agetro wrote:Before the bombs land, should the tank move as well? What's the damage radius?

Yes the tank should move, I don't know the damage radius but I guess it's around 8 yards.

If the tank doesn't move he'll get hit by _all_ the bombs that were aimed at the people in the middle, while a tank can take a few; that's just too many.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Aindreas » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 am

Lieris wrote:
Nekkos wrote:Paladins certainly do seem like the best choice for tanking the adds with the ability to freedom themselves and cleanse the debuffed person when they get to a good spot, not to mention PoJ and a variety of ranged abilities to keep aggro on large oozes. That said, OT'ing the fight isn't all that fun :? .

I disagree, it's way more interesting than tanking the boss and requires more skill.

It is quite a bit more fun than eating dinner whilst 969'ing Rotface, I agree with you there.
Aindreas

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel