Remove Advertisements

Vindication Uptime

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Vindication Uptime

Postby cds4850 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Kihra wrote:I set up a Power Aura to track an AP debuff being up on bosses, and it's horrifying how bad the uptime of Vindication is when you're in max EH gear and don't have much hit rating. I tried the trick of using Avenger's Shield to keep it up, and that worked some of the time, but as mentioned above, AS would sometimes miss, or the AP debuff would fall off before AS was available to use again.

Hey Kihra, can you copy/paste that power auras code for monitoring an attack power debuff on your current target?

EDIT: Fixt. Theck is a jerk :wink:
Last edited by cds4850 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
cds4850

Postby theckhd » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:03 am

Were those first two sentences really necessary? They contribute nothing to the discussion at hand. Let's try and keep the personal insults out of the theorycrafting forum from now on.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby cds4850 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:40 am

EEEK! Sarcasm gone way wrong, my apologies. Wiingman was a great tank and raid leader, probably one of the first I ran with that actually got me interested in tanking back in Burning Crusade. It's been cool for me to follow him through these forums and see him go on to succesful progression.
cds4850

Postby theckhd » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:54 am

cds4850 wrote:EEEK! Sarcasm gone way wrong, my apologies. Wiingman was a great tank and raid leader, probably one of the first I ran with that actually got me interested in tanking back in Burning Crusade. It's been cool for me to follow him through these forums and see him go on to succesful progression.

Oh, my bad. I can go back in and revert the edit if you want.

<edit> apparently I can't revert the edit (or can't find a way to do it without re-writing it myself, anyhow). Feel free to edit your post to put it back in though.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Kihra » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 am

Here's the aura I've been using:

Version:st3.0.0E; gcd:bofalse; b:nu0.94117647058824; anim1:nu1; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:botrue; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Vindication; size:nu0.15999999642372; torsion:nu1; r:nu0.97647058823529; y:nu99; x:nu-93; customname:st; groupany:bofalse; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu2; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu22; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; owntex:botrue; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; anim2:nu0; spec2:botrue; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; InactiveDueToState:botrue; textaura:bofalse; sound:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; id:nu1; inParty:nu0; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:botrue; aurastextfont:nu1; buffname:stDemoralizing Shout/Demoralizing Roar/Curse of Weakness/Vindication; inRaid:nu0; tooltipCheck:st; customtex:bofalse; stance:nu10; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec1:botrue; Debug:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; Showing:botrue; UseOldAnimations:bofalse; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:botrue; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; finish:nu1
Kihra

Postby eia » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:22 am

Kihra wrote:Still, if I'm ever tanking with a warrior or druid, I'll just have them shout from now on, since there's no point in taking the chance that Vindication will fall off even for a second.

My warrior co-tank doesn't have imp DS, so when my Vindication is up, he can't apply it at all.
I really wish Blizz would let lesser debuffs be applied as well, I'd love to have his DS up as fallback for when Vindi drops off.. as it is now, I'm almost inclined to spec out of it, since he can keep a 100% uptime, which I can't.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations