Remove Advertisements

VoA Bosses.

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

VoA Bosses.

Postby Rilude » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:47 am

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a guide on how to tank the bosses in VoA 10? Maybe even a video.

I have pasted a link of my gear (below) people won't seem to touch me without a 5K gear score and I don't know where / what to do now to get it

http://armorylite.com/us/chromaggus/rilude

Thanks in Advance

.R
Rilude

Re: VoA Bosses.

Postby Anorian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:25 am

they are fairly simple to tank:

- Toravan (ice boss with t10): 2 tanks alternate, tank him against the back wall and swap taunt at a minimum of 3 stacks, max about 6 i'd say, doesn't really matter that much. (1 tank style, only paladins can do this really. Let the debuff stack up quite high, i'd say around 12 taunt boss bubble & /cancelaura bubble and continue to tank, requires high raid dps so the tank doesn't get gibbed.)

- Koralan (fire boss with t9): 2 tanks, stand on each other move out of the fire if it spawns underneath you, just rotate the boss around a bit. He does a frontal aoe that is split between the 2 tanks (i think its between 2 players only). as OT you can afk if you want as long as you follow the MT. Position doesn't really, i usually put him in the middle of the room.

- Emalon (air boss with t8): 2 tanks one on the boss one on the adds. OT pulls and moves the adds to the left. MT taunts boss off of OT and moves to the right, park him against the wall. Don't bother running out of the AOE. As OT you have to pick up new adds as they spawn, as pala this should be no issue at all. Try to park the 4 adds not to far away from the boss since the melee have to help kill them if you're on the other side of the room they have to run half a marathon to get there. (1 tanking is easily doable as paladin, just stack the adds on the boss and tank everything, make sure you got the gear to do so, and enjoy your #1 position on the dmg meter)

- Archavon (earth boss with t7): 2 tanks, MT runs in tanks and gets eaten by the boss, OT taunts right after if your not 2nd on threat. Move the boss out of the clouds, that includes the ass since they give a huge hit debuff.

Oh I cant get your armory to work, the armorylite link is broken and a search on the wowarmory comes up emtpy :/
Anorian

Postby Rilude » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:53 am

Thank you very much for this.

The link to my armory profile is;

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&cn=Rilude
Rilude

Postby Anorian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:01 am

Seeing your gear you should be pretty close to getting 5k. The only things i can see you getting outside of raiding is the ToC25 craftable bracers & chest, the shield from the ICC 5mans, the neck from the ICC 5 mans, (dunno what your wep is since you have a argent tournament thingy) maybe the ulduar 25 craft belt.

Other than that im not sure how you could upgrade further without raiding
Anorian

Postby Rilude » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:15 am

my GS is 4809 (or around that area)

My weapon is: Rimefang's Claw

I will see what I can get from crafted

thanks for the replies
Rilude

Return to General Strats