Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Durl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 am

Of note, I was able to easily solo the first boss in normal UK. He drops the bouquet of roses for the love is in the air event.
Durl

Postby Zobel » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 am

I also soloed the first normal UK boss a couple times yesterday too for the roses (only took two runs to get both red and ebon).

The first run, he tombed me twice. I divine-shielded out of the first one, and I got out of the second one when ardent defender proc'ed.

The second run, I used shadow resistance aura and didn't get tombed at all.
Zobel

Postby Palaman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Palaman

Postby Fanazavana » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Been soloing Heroic BC content for kicks. Only trouble I've run into so far:

Grandmaster Vorpil in SLabs

and

Tavarok in Mana Tombs.

I just don't do enough DPS to get Vorpil down as the Void Travelers heal him up. Plus he constantly banishes me, which doesn't help in the DPS department. Might need to recruit a hunter or something to help me with that one.

Tavarok is another story entirely. Beating him is dependent on how frequently he does the Crystal Prison thing. I've had him down to around 5% health because he only used that ability twice, and other times he beats me down with four or five of those things. I've read that beating him in ret spec seems to work better, but I don't have much Ret gear and it seems I'm squishier and die faster.

Anyway, pretty fun use of time.
Fanazavana

Postby Maddok » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:36 am

I'm working on TBC reps that I never got around to getting to exalted as I didn't care at the time. Soloing Heroic Mana Tombs for consortium isn't bad at all. Wondering if I could do Heroic Black Morass or if it would be faster to just zerg through it on normal, repeatedly.
Maddok

Postby Njall » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:42 am

Maddok wrote:I'm working on TBC reps that I never got around to getting to exalted as I didn't care at the time. Soloing Heroic Mana Tombs for consortium isn't bad at all. Wondering if I could do Heroic Black Morass or if it would be faster to just zerg through it on normal, repeatedly.

Depends on time. I can usually mange the heroic assuming the grouping isn't too crazy. Seal of Cleave did make a difference. However, the rep gain is only about 2x what the other is. It all depends on time. With the portals spawning a fixed time after you kill the Keeper (unless you take too long), you might be able to do 2 regulars in the time it takes to complete a heroic.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:03 am

Maddok wrote:I'm working on TBC reps that I never got around to getting to exalted as I didn't care at the time. Soloing Heroic Mana Tombs for consortium isn't bad at all. Wondering if I could do Heroic Black Morass or if it would be faster to just zerg through it on normal, repeatedly.

I did Consortium by dusting off my terrible ilevel 200 and below Ret set and Divine Storming my way through the Heap. Put on some music or hop in vent with some chums and you'll be exalted in no time.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:15 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:

I did Consortium by dusting off my terrible ilevel 200 and below Ret set and Divine Storming my way through the Heap. Put on some music or hop in vent with some chums and you'll be exalted in no time.

And they drop keys. Highly useful if you're even thinking of doing the Protectorate quest chain as you need about a dozen of them.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:23 pm

I didn't pay attention at the time but if you just left all the guardians up on normal and killed the trash that came to you (in black morass) it might work out to be an awesome way to grind rep - I can imagine 17 portals worth of constantly spawning trash to be pretty epic, I wonder if you would make it to the last boss at all.
Sarutankah

Postby phaqueue » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:09 am

Sarutankah wrote:

I didn't pay attention at the time but if you just left all the guardians up on normal and killed the trash that came to you (in black morass) it might work out to be an awesome way to grind rep - I can imagine 17 portals worth of constantly spawning trash to be pretty epic, I wonder if you would make it to the last boss at all.

Hmm... might have to try this as I still need like 10k rep with KoT...

Working on timbermaw currently (only about 1/2 through honored) kinda painful...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Njall » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:57 am

phaqueue wrote:Working on timbermaw currently (only about 1/2 through honored) kinda painful...

Combine that with your Frostsaber Trainers repeatable - there's one that has you killing thong-teddies by the dozen!

Any time I think that the Alliance "advantage" of an extra rep and mount from Frostsabre Trainers were balanced with the raptor mount and Tranquillien reputation... ugh. Angry.
Last edited by Njall on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Cronus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:52 pm

I wanted to refresh this post and see what people are soloing now with T10 gear. Time to fill the void until Cataclysm.

Concerning the Tiger Boss...I run it as Ret now and it takes me 3-5 mins. I use Seal of Command and Dps the two adds to about 10%. I then pop wings and burn the boss down. Once that happens you have about 5-10secs to finish the two adds before they start to revive boss. Easy mode now.
Cronus

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 pm

I do all bosses except for Raptor as ret now - nice and quick.
Sarutankah

Postby ImzadiDax » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:53 am

I have managed Nexus, DTK, AN, UK, and Old Kingdom. Attempted Violet Hold but had difficulties with the boss I pulled, and was unsuccessful. However I have the ICC crafted boots, the friendly Ashen ring and a frost stamina trinket. I am hoping to do more as my gear grows.

There is one boss in Botanica I havent been able to down, the Herbalist needed for the Alchemy quest. As long as there is someone with me its cake, but solo I end up in a standstill where he becomes immune to everything and just stays there. Anyone else run into this?
ImzadiDax

Postby Zobel » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:43 am

ImzadiDax wrote:There is one boss in Botanica I havent been able to down, the Herbalist needed for the Alchemy quest. As long as there is someone with me its cake, but solo I end up in a standstill where he becomes immune to everything and just stays there. Anyone else run into this?

High Botanist Freywinn? He only goes immune until you've killed his adds. That's easy enough to do with cleaves/aoe/etc.
Zobel

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats