Remove Advertisements

Problems on Void Reaver

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Problems on Void Reaver

Postby Quindar » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:08 am

Hello.

Yesterday my guild downed Void Reaver the 2nd time in our 4th attempt.

But unlike our first kill and previous attemps, for any reason I had some problems this time.

This time we used 4 tanks (1 feral druid, 2 prot warriors, 1 tankadin) and i pulled VR with Avengers Shield.

I had around 360 holy spelldmg with flask, food and wizzard oil.

Some Questions:

1. If you tank Void Reaver, are you hit by arcane orbs?
Try 1 and Try 2 was something like this:
Quindar pulls with Avengers Shield
Quindar builds Thread
Quindar silenced by Arcane Orb - wtf?
Quindar knockback
Aggro on any other tank
Then there is a large Thread differnce in Omen between the other tanks and me.

I couldn't see any caster standing to close, they where all at max range.
As far as i know, the arcane orbs are only targeting players not in melee range and the silence has 20 yards radius, so tanks should not be hit...?

2. How do you build thread when off-tanking?
In Try 3 and 4 i could hold aggro longer (not beeing hit by arcane orbs) and had aggro during the first 2 or 3 knockbacks.
But after the aggro ist lost, my TPS and Mana decreases rapidly.
I use super mana potions on cooldown and i'm getting some heals, but after something around 30 seconds i am oom.
What can i do here?

3. Is it ok to sacrifice stamina and defense for more spelldmg and switch to more spelldmg gear?
My problem is, unlike some other, i don't have BT gear to swap around for 500+ spelldmg.
If i swap more than 3 Items for spelldmg, i am not crush immune any more.
So how mutch spelldmg should i have?
(to the progress: My guild has Kara clear, Gruul down, VoidReaver down)

Any help will be highly appreciated.
---
excuse my english, i always had a E at school :/
Quindar

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:41 am

If you got Arcane Orb, someone was too near, or some melee too far from him, thats the only explanation.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby strydaris » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:49 am

One thing I do to try to up my TPS if I loose aggro is to have the help from any hunter in the raid at the time use MD to bring me back up to par with the other tanks. Timely uses of avenging wrath are also a big plus. Usually I can hold aggro for a large amount of the fight but some fights you get a few untimely knock backs and you are out quicker then you had hoped. Once knocked out this is where a few things matter.

1. You MUST have a crusader judged on VR in order to build threat back up.

2. Stop using holy shield.

3. Watch your rotations. This can be subject to debate but this is what I like to do. Judge Crusader, stack vengeance up to 5, judge it A.S.A.P., use righteousness until judgement is ready again, judge and go back to vengeance. If you time this right and are a bit lucky and can keep the 5 stack up you can generate alot of threat with minimal mana. The only thing thats going to eat your mana is of course your consecration which you should be using every CD, but you can down rank that slightly to conserve the mana.

4. USE AVENGING WRATH if its coming off CD and you just got knocked back. When you do use AW use your max rank spells. You might as well get the most out of the ability when its available. Also NEVER use this ability if you dont have the mana ready to back it up. If your mana pots are on CD wait from them. There is no sense in popping this ability if you aren't going to be able to use it to its fullest.

As you do more VR fight you will learn what works for you. Everyone has different gear and a different play style so dont be afraid to try different things out.
strydaris

Postby Extremity » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:13 am

I'm assuming you're alliance.

Let another tank get initial aggro, don't worry about throwing your shield. Judge crusader, let SoV stack up 5 times; instantly use AW, avenger's shield, judgement, max rank consecrate, and spam all you've got. You should be pretty high on threat. Keep judging WHENEVER the CD is up, even if vengeance is down to one stack.

I would go with at least 400 spell and while staying uncrushable. Your hunters should have a MD rotation up and your raid leader or somebody should be watching the threat and saying "next MD on [name]". The hunters should know their MD rotation already. When you get knocked back, make sure crusader is up and repeat. Save your AW for when you will get the MOST threat out of it, ie, when shield is up, 5 stacks of vengeance, and you have enough mana to actually get the full use out of the ability.
Extremity

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:05 am

I know on my Rogue I got hit by one or 2 Orbs despite being melee. The problem for me was that our group seemed to be really bad at dodging orbs, took a lot of damage, and the healers couldnt spare the time to heal melee on pounds, so we had to run out.

The problem would come when running out. Either I would get sniped by an orb or I would get caught on the edge of an orb from a ranged type. I don't see why a tank should get hit by an orb though. Someone must be standing way too close.
Zhalseran

Postby Gray » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:08 am

Used to have the same problem on VR up until I week ago. I start off well, and when the first knock back hits, it became a freaking nightmare to get threat up to top 3 (We use 3 tanks). It became embaressing really since hunters had to MD him onto me to get a few hits, dps had to slack off to give me chance, in short, all those nasty things they don't need to do with warrior or druid tanks.

Then I decide to stop wasting mana, and just stack Vengeance and keep it at 5 stacks. It was magic seeing my threat rocket back to top (yes. top) without doing anything else apart from the odd consecrate and keeping Crusader judged. We downed him and I ended with 100% mana :D
Gray

Postby Pizbit » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:17 am

My guess is that ranged were running in dragging orbs with them, ensure they stay ranged and don't run it when dodging an orb and risk having an orb target them close to you.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Galadedrid » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:39 am

if your dying on lootreaver its generally not the tanks fault.. as tanking is the most easiest thing to do on this guy, its the rest of the raids fault... they are not dodging orbs. dont run left or right, run back and forward.

easy enough.
Galadedrid

Postby Talmus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:06 am

Galadedrid wrote:if your dying on lootreaver its generally not the tanks fault.. as tanking is the most easiest thing to do on this guy, its the rest of the raids fault... they are not dodging orbs. dont run left or right, run back and forward.

easy enough.

QFT

We had 4 attempts on him last night with our best only getting him down to 72%. We 5 man'd him from 75% to 72% with a single healer keeping me up...until they died to an orb. If it weren't for the knockback and orbs you could probably do this fight with one tank and one or two healers.
Talmus

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:41 am

Was it really necessary to bump 4 old VR posts so you could tell about your lastest VR attempt?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Talmus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:43 am

Dorvan wrote:Was it really necessary to bump 4 old VR posts so you could tell about your lastest VR attempt?

I didn't even look at the dates on them...they were on the front page and I had something to add to the conversation. Sorry if seeing new posts to threads on the front page bothers you. ;)
Talmus

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:45 am

Talmus wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Was it really necessary to bump 4 old VR posts so you could tell about your lastest VR attempt?

I didn't even look at the dates on them...they were on the front page and I had something to add to the conversation. Sorry if seeing new posts to threads on the front page bothers you. ;)

You didn't really add different things to the threads....I know VR is exciting and all, but you might just limit yourself to one thread....especially when your comment isn't a strategy tip so much and wanting an audience for your most recent raid anecdote.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:51 am

Dorvan wrote:
Talmus wrote:

You didn't really add different things to the threads....I know VR is exciting and all, but you might just limit yourself to one thread....especially when your comment isn't a strategy tip so much and wanting an audience for your most recent raid anecdote.

Don't mind Dorvan. He thinks he's Lore.

:P
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:04 am

Guillex wrote:Don't mind Dorvan. He thinks he's Lore.

:P

You've been waiting months to do that, haven't you? :P

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Tempest Keep