Remove Advertisements

Holy-PVE weird thought

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Holy-PVE weird thought

Postby Balgorra » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 pm

I was kind of thinking of some of the paladin tools we have and was wondering if Blizzard had wanted us in melee range auto attacking. I know this seems odd for a healer but with our seals and judgments we could do some self healing and/or replenishing our mana. The ability to wear plate and shield maybe there to soak up some of the AoE damage, but most of that now is magic so the extra armor would be of no use. Also they could add or change a talent that gives consecration a healing effect for the AoE heal some paladins want. Being in melee range means it should hit your tank(s) and melee.

This is just something I thought of, I know it might seem crazy but maybe it was part of Blizzards design plan way back when.
Balgorra

Re: Holy-PVE weird thought

Postby blakk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:30 pm

when safe to do so you should stand in melee anyway and swing for lolinfinitemana even though really don't have problems already. but it allows for less int and more sp for heals that make you a healbot
blakk

Postby warden » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:05 pm

I can think of a couple fights where we've actually stacked the entire raid on the melee (except hunters) just to benefit from the healing done by the rets' divine storms.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Boyfriend » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:25 am

Warden wrote:I can think of a couple fights where we've actually stacked the entire raid on the melee (except hunters) just to benefit from the healing done by the rets' divine storms.

I'm not sure anymore but doesn't Divine Storm healing component have like a really huge range (110 yards)?

On topic though I think holy paladins meleeing between cast is relatively accepted as a good idea, though it's usefulness depends alot on the fight.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:31 am

Boyfriend wrote:I'm not sure anymore but doesn't Divine Storm healing component have like a really huge range (110 yards)?
I'm quite sure it does. I was farly surprised to get healed by it when I was out of range to heal the tank, not to mention the retri.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby vegardhv » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 am

Balgorra wrote:I was kind of thinking of some of the paladin tools we have and was wondering if Blizzard had wanted us in melee range auto attacking. I know this seems odd for a healer but with our seals and judgments we could do some self healing and/or replenishing our mana. The ability to wear plate and shield maybe there to soak up some of the AoE damage, but most of that now is magic so the extra armor would be of no use. Also they could add or change a talent that gives consecration a healing effect for the AoE heal some paladins want. Being in melee range means it should hit your tank(s) and melee.

This is just something I thought of, I know it might seem crazy but maybe it was part of Blizzards design plan way back when.

I don't know if there's generally more damage in melee range - well there are at least a lot of fights you can go into melee with no big issues.

I healed VOA25 toravon yesterday, and was looking at the numbers afterwards, mana regen from seal of wisdom 23K, illumination 19K - total 80K (including replenishment, trinkets and so forth). It's a great way to regain some mana. It allowed me to basically bomb holy light the entire fight.
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby sherck » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 am

[quote="vegardhv"][quote="Balgorra"]I healed VOA25 toravon yesterday, and was looking at the numbers afterwards, mana regen from seal of wisdom 23K, illumination 19K - total 80K (including replenishment, trinkets and so forth). It's a great way to regain some mana. It allowed me to basically bomb holy light the entire fight.[/quote]

Yeah, this is the key to this fight. Tank damage can be pretty huge if the tanks don't taunt correctly and get too many stacks; a couple of whacks with SoW up does wonders for mana regen.

The key to this fight is that only one tank takes damage at a time; put Beacon on yourself while you heal the tank and never worry about standing in the swirling ball of white death. I had a Holy Priest ask after one run where all the melee DPS fell over dead to an add spawn on top of the boss ask "why are you still alive?"

I said "hot heals :)" (though the Beacon, naturally)

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Vorianloken » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 am

As long as your healers and dps are decently geared, a prot pally can single-tank toravon on 10-man, using bubble+taunt to clear stacks midfight and keep aggro. rotate in divine guardian and trinkets and any available outside cooldowns and its a breeze.

Back on topic, when I was healing back in naxx days, I generally just stood in melee range on bosses - patch/anub/maexxna/gluth(if not kite tank healer) and a bunch of others with SoW/joW up and healing was a total breeze. If done right, the mana gained can be quite significant now as it was then.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Boyfriend » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:29 am

Vorianloken wrote:can single-tank toravon on 10-man

And 25 man.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorianloken » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 am

Boyfriend wrote:
Vorianloken wrote:can single-tank toravon on 10-man

And 25 man.

I would soooo like to do that but it would be hard convincing 24 other people to do it outside of a guild >.>
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes