Remove Advertisements

Was it me, or my healer?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Was it me, or my healer?

Postby Annarexic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:52 am

Heroic Ramparts, repeatedly wiping on trash. I think i'm reasonably geared for heroic tanking, I have
no troubles in mech, SP, UB. But I was going down like a drunken prom date in Ramparts. And that was
only the 3 pulls, I actually the mage start sheeping.

I think I already know the answer, just looking for comfirmation.
Annarexic

Postby Gerilith » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 am

You are actually overgeared for heroics imho. Kick your healer. But you should nevertheless focus more on dodge rather than blockrating because your chance not to be hit should be a bit higher.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Exodius » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:06 am

Many of the melee mobs in heroic ramps like a good stun lock on the tank. If your healer is not on the ball and aware that your avoidance drops through the floor when this happens, then you will likely die a lot.

It's happened to me. Had some strong whispers to the healer (a holy pally that liked to spam flash) and that fixed it up. :D
Exodius

Postby Zhalseran » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:30 am

Ive done it with lesser gear than yours, no problem. I'd blame the healer
Zhalseran

Postby Gerilith » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 am

Exodius wrote:Many of the melee mobs in heroic ramps like a good stun lock on the tank. If your healer is not on the ball and aware that your avoidance drops through the floor when this happens, then you will likely die a lot.

It's happened to me. Had some strong whispers to the healer (a holy pally that liked to spam flash) and that fixed it up. :D

Looking at this you should have used Free Action Potions to avoid being stunlocked if the healer can't heal against the mobs you are pulling. If stuns have been the problem.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Annarexic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:48 am

Yeah, I've been thinking I should regem to a more dodge based tanking style. I'd like to have 2-3% more dodge. If Moroes would ever give up his watch for me I'd be quite happy.
Annarexic

Postby Dynaheir » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:57 am

Annarexic wrote:Yeah, I've been thinking I should regem to a more dodge based tanking style. I'd like to have 2-3% more dodge. If Moroes would ever give up his watch for me I'd be quite happy.
Don't even bother, he's out of stock. :cry:
Dynaheir

Postby Annarexic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that way too. Stupid Moroes, stupid random chance.
Annarexic

Postby Doloth » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:28 pm

/sigh, I got the watch, now if only the rest of the dang place would drop tank loot. Especially Maiden. Never seen a plate drop period from her...
Doloth

Postby Suikano » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:36 am

I've run heroic ramps in this gear, only 11k unbuffed hp. I needed cc, and it was the dogpacks that caused the biggest problems.
Suikano

Postby Gray » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:56 pm

You freaking kiddin me dude? you're waaayy overgeared for heroics. Trust me, iv'e done 100's of them. Get rid of the freeloader shite healer and get a real one.
Gray

Postby Lumine » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:06 pm

New Paladin here.

Blame the healer, i'm less geared than you and finished the instance yest.
Just be carefull with those orcs using kidney shot...
Lumine

Postby Minn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:40 pm

You may want to consider using a PvP trinket to avoid the stunned->dead routine. Popping out of KS or concussion blow can be a lifesaver. You also might try being more liberal with your own stuns. A well-timed HoJ can give any healer some breathing room. Seal of Justice is another good way to buy some time for a heal. Finally, instead of markng for CC, you migt try marking for a full burn and letting your ranged DPS go nuts on the dogs on pull. With good positioning, you don't even have to tank them. Just let the dps take care of one, and taunt it back if it gets close enough to attack them.
Minn

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics