Picking up embers in Phase 1 of Alar

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Picking up embers in Phase 1 of Alar

Postby Lazenby » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:13 am

I have a couple of questions about the embers in Phase 1 of the alar fight.

Is it normal for the embers to choose to go of towards the centre platforms instead of going down the ramps either side. We had this a few times and it wasted valuable time so we got our tanks to switch to weapons without battlemaster and made sure they were not taunting/shouting in anyway. We also got the pala with me to use RF and heal the raid a little in case they were moving to the aggro of the MT healers.

If they do go to the Tank on Al'ar is it safe to taunt him off ? Should we just try mis directs or could i even run up and get them ?

luckily on our best attempts phase 2 seemed easier as i had people bringing them into me and i just held them
Lazenby

Re: Picking up embers in Phase 1 of Alar

Postby Galroch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 am

Lazenby wrote:I have a couple of questions about the embers in Phase 1 of the alar fight.

Is it normal for the embers to choose to go of towards the centre platforms instead of going down the ramps either side. We had this a few times and it wasted valuable time so we got our tanks to switch to weapons without battlemaster and made sure they were not taunting/shouting in anyway. We also got the pala with me to use RF and heal the raid a little in case they were moving to the aggro of the MT healers.

If they do go to the Tank on Al'ar is it safe to taunt him off ? Should we just try mis directs or could i even run up and get them ?

luckily on our best attempts phase 2 seemed easier as i had people bringing them into me and i just held them

We've seen this a number of times, though not often, and have done exactly what you've said in response: have your healer generate healing aggro and have a hunter misdirect.

Its safe to taunt off of the tank on a'lar as well (he'll stay on the highest aggro target within melee range or flame buffet if there is noone, range is "threat free", but you bring that threat with you in to phase 2), but usually you don't want to get that far out of position from the bottom of the ramps.

- G
Galroch

Postby Crusherus » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:26 pm

One way to make sure the ember will go towards the healers instead of the next tank is to avoid giving the tank any healing aggro. Try to avoid tossing earth shield and prayer of mending on the next tank in the rotation. Both those abilities generate healing aggro for the tank instead of the healer. If you stay away from them, the ember pretty much has no reason to go for the next tank.
Dragonmaw - US
Crusherus

Postby Gracerath » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:50 pm

The first 2 embers always give me problems as they run right for a platform tank, I just run in and taunt it down. By the time I have 3ish birds on me, my pally healer with RF on aggros them almost every single time. She stands right next to me for easy pick ups.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:00 pm

Hunter misdirects are also handy. Also having the peel warrior dragging them to you is a handy use for their time if they spend a lot of P1 with their thumbs up their bums.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Return to Tempest Keep