Remove Advertisements

Skada alignment bug

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Skada alignment bug

Postby Loras » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:20 am

Greetings.
Been using Skada for ages, since it serves as Omen + Recount in the same window (WTB more screen space).
However, I decided to finally fix my UI a bit after it poking my eyes out for ages.
The thing is, I have an annoying alignment problem with Skada. If I don't have a background texture, it's not noticeable, but my current UI setup could use one. I've added a picture for better explanation, but here's my idea:

I want to have a "black" box with bars in it, without a title bar, On the 1st window it's shown how it's supposed to be like, just remove the header. On the 2nd and 3rd pictures it shows how it looks like currently - if I show the header, it "overlaps" with the normal window, and the bars start to show up just under the header, which means there's some space between the border of the box and the bars themselves. However, I don't want a header. This is what happens if I remove it, though - the bars start to position themselves a bit above the border of the box. A guy on curse.com in the comments of Skada reports such a problem as well, but nobody replied. Anyone got a clue how to fix it?
Attachments
Skada.JPG
Skada.JPG (52.15 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Loras

Re: Skada alignment bug

Postby Airanna » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:41 am

Your problem is in how the very addon is coded. The header isn't a header, it's defined in the code as Bar #1. You first 'bar' is #2 in the code. So hidden header = bars move up one bar space. I've been trying to figure out how to adjust this in code myself, but it looks like i'd have to rewrite the entire addon's core rendering functions to do it. Ugh. Best solution i've found is to set the background fully transparent and deal with the bars 'floating'. At least it matches ForteXorcist a bit better that way.
Airanna

Postby Loras » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 am

Yeah but the whole idea was to have a background visible ^^ That's why I noticed it just now - because I haven't used a background till now. The thing is, from the screenshots posted in the addon website, it's perfectly normal, ingame behavior seems different, though...

What I did is to keep the header, and shrink the font size to the absolute minimum. A band-aid solution, but it works for now. Still, just wondering why would they post differently working screenshots *shrugs*
Loras

Postby Airanna » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I think this workaround may be functional, I'll play with it in some downtime tonight.

There's a text field entry for font size in the title bar. If you manually set that to 0 and hit enter, it should make the text disappear. I've done this in STUF to pseudo hide cast texts in the past, it may work in Skada.
Airanna

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros