Remove Advertisements

Kite Tankadin on Rotface, keybind or mouseover cleanse?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Kite Tankadin on Rotface, keybind or mouseover cleanse?

Postby Fetzie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:21 pm

I generally use my clique on grid to cleanse with.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Koatanga » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm a big fan of VuhDo. I tried to the Grid/Clique thing several times, but always gave up on it. Grid, to me, was not very intuitive and a pig to configure. I found it much easier to configure VuhDo to do all I wanted it to.

I am sure if you grew up with Grid and know it inside and out it's probably a great add-on, but I have things I'd rather do than to spend the time learning it.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Hokahey » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:27 pm

kysu wrote:
d503 wrote:
Serv wrote:I'm suprised people still used the grid+clique combination in times of VuhDo. It's a sweet looking raidframe-all-in-one-addon-of-awesomeness.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... vuhdo.aspx

Mostly it's reticence to set up yet another mod that I already have configured to my liking :)

If I do a complete redo, I'll consider Vuhdo.

I use grid /clique - I'm the only person who cleanse's the entire fight.

I've tried vuhdo and it didn't do everything I wanted it to do so I went back to grid.

What didn't it do?

Last I checked, the person who created it regularly responds to a thread on Plusheal.com, so if you find something it can't do that you feel it should, you can always talk to them there.
Hokahey

Postby Digren » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm

I added Grid at the start of WotLK when my old CT_Raid class frames died. I originally used those to see at a glance who did and didn't have all their blessings, but I found that ZOMGBuffs did a better job of that. Still, I wanted a raid frame to know general raid health and status, and so that I could use the same interface to both tank and heal. I set up Clique for a few simple mappings for heals and cleanse.

I'm not going to screw with anything until something breaks; just not worth the hassle. Due to too many errors on logon, I recently gave up FuBar to switch to ChocolateBar and LDBs, and I'm still disappointed at how badly the LDB system fails at handling multi-icon data brokers, like the old FuBar_LuckyCharms or BagFu. If it's working, leave it alone.
Digren

Postby Cheroz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 am

One other way of skinning a deer, but Healbot works quite well for me, but then again, I am sure its whatever you are used to using. As a main tank I use healbot for a ton of things that I am sure grid does as well. I have my left mouse button with my group taunt, my middle wheel is cleanse, and my right button is my hand of protection. I can also see who grabs agro very quickly because a small red box highlights those who do. On rottface, DBM and Dues Vox marks those with the infection, and it displays on healbot along with a color change of thier health bar, and allows me to cleanse almost immediately without ever moving camera angle or change direction while kiting.
Cheroz

Postby repent » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 pm

My vote goes with healbot.
repent

Postby Baelik » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:25 am

I've yet to find something that Vuhdo cannot do. Vuhdo is one stop shop for everything you need on raidframes. Only thing is that configuration can seem intimidating. I've got healers who help me out with its configuration when I have doubts.

As far as I can remember when you have a fresh installation of Vuhdo as a Paladin Tank right click acts as cleanse when raid member is alive and right click acts as Resurrect when the raid member is dead. So perhaps very little configuration necessary for this. I installed it so far back I can't remember if I did anything for it.

Cleansing duty is easiest for Paladin tank when he is the Rotface tank. When kiting, if the raid member has a lapse in judgement and runs away from you, its going to be very difficult to run to him and cleanse him before he gets gibbed by the disease. Moreover I find that I generally have to run a wider circle outside the raid to get the ooze far enough from the raid so that often limits the control you want to have over cleanses.
Baelik

Postby Thels » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:57 am

I'm using the mouseover macro, though mine's a little different:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@player] Cleanse

Basically, that cleanses my target whenever I mouseover one, and cleanses myself otherwise. I rarely, if ever, target a party/raid member for beneficial spells. All my healing/buffing/saving spells are mouseover based. Note that you can rarely waste a cleanse, but for heals and others it might be different, and you don't want to have a HoP or LoH proc on yourself if you're 0.02 seconds too late with targeting someone else, so most of my mouseover spells do not have the ",nodead" condition.

Remember that mouseover casting not only works on the raid frames, but on the actual character itself as well. When you're strafing away from the slime, and you see someone with a green blur run in front of the slime, hold your mouse over his character, and press that cleanse button. No need to retarget the mob if you don't actually use your left mouse button.

I guess that if you have a multibutton mouse, you could use those as well. Personally, I'm using button4 to target the nearest target, and button5 to flip the camera. Feels natural to me, since that's what I use the mouse for already, targeting and camera control.

As for raid frames... I like to see buffs and all, so I'm still using X-Perl :P
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Marklevin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:52 pm

If you have a Razer Naga or other mouse with side buttons, I'd suggest binding whatever macro you have to that key because that way you can keep your left hand more focused on movement
Personally, I think ToC had the hardest trash in the game. Wait... what do you mean? Those were bosses!? Lies.
Marklevin

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:24 pm

I use Decursive and Healbot - have always done so.

Healbot because it has spec/toon specific settings and can be hidden easily.

Righteous defense - HOP - HOF - HOS - Sacred Shield - Flash Heal - Holy Light are all available through a combination of ctrl/shift/alt and mouse clicks.
It also allows me to one clikc res everyone that's dead and announces it to raid.

Decursive because it works straight away with no setup and compliments HB perfectly.

Overall - it's 2 addons that do the job of 3 or 4 and it works really well across my Prot/Ret Paladin - Resto/Oomkin Drood - Afflic Warlock - Prot warrior (Intervene) - Disc/Sahdow Priest etc.

Win - even with standard ui and those two I can do everything I need.
Sarutankah

Postby Kelaan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Serv wrote:I'm suprised people still used the grid+clique combination in times of VuhDo. It's a sweet looking raidframe-all-in-one-addon-of-awesomeness.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... vuhdo.aspx

I had a hard time getting VuhDo to mimic the look of how Ihave Grid set up. I realize that it's a matter of user twiddling, but ... it just Wouldn't Work quite the way I wanted. /shrug.

For what it's worth, I find I like a mouseover cleansing macro (I use them for healing, too), which means I can mouse over a grid box, or just mouse over the person running at me. (I usually do the former.)
Kelaan

Postby Sinnegorth » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Use decursive its ezmode. Later in the fight when it gets hairy ask a holy pally to help if they see anyone at 9 stacks or more.
Sinnegorth

Postby econ21 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 am

What is involved in the kite tankadin decursing? I've gotten the kiting part down, but so far have left the decursing to my guild's great healers. I use decursive and find it great for blanket removal of debuffs in PVP, heroics etc, but might find it tricky to pull off more strategic decurses in raids when I must target only one of several afflicted party members. (ie I just play whack a mole rather than make sure Joey is clear of debuff XYZ). So I have two questions:

(1) how many debuffed members will there be showing up on decursive in my 10 man party? Is it just the infected person(s)? If so, it should be manageable for me via remove via decursive. I guess there may be several later on, which leads me to my second question:

(2) when should you decurse? I gather decursing prematurely will cause problems with loose small oozes, so it would not be appropriate for just to try to clear all debuffs on decursive all the time. My understanding is that you should do this (a) before the big ooze if the two infected members are together (they run to me as the kite tank) and (b) thereafter when infected members get near to the big ooze. Is that right?
econ21

Postby pfunkmort » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:52 am

righteous defense is actually the reason that I don't use mouseover macros for most things...(I want the mobs targetting THAT guy...oh crap...I just taunted something off the MT - this is gonna hurt)

although, I use vuhdo and have all my hand spells (and righteous defense, funnily enough) mapped to shift modified mouse clicks on mouseover on my raid frames. with the macros, as someone above said, it will work on the player OR the raidframes...but I found that got me into trouble.

cleanse on rotface, if that's all you're going for...I'd say yeah, probably a macro would work just as well as if not better than something like decursive or vuhdo or clique...because you have the option to just mouseover someone in the field...and it's a pretty innocuous thing to try to cleanse the wrong person (especially considering just how many gcds you actually SPEND on threat gen on the big oozes - there's tons of free time in there) - any encounter timer like dbm or bigwigs should put marks on the heads of infected people anyway, making them pretty easy to distinguish (assuming someone with a mod has assist or lead).

(on a side note about things vuhdo can't do though - pretty sure you can't get debuff tooltips from raid frame mouseover...sort of sucks)

edit - to the person above me...IDK with the 20% buff, it might be less of a healing issue - but the infection hurts more than the little oozes beating on you (the little oozes cause knockback on spellcasts, I think...but it hurts significantly less). so, unless you're cleansing little oozes in the middle of the melee stack and are going to have trouble picking up the ensuing big ooze, or unless maybe you're cleansing so that a second big ooze forms in front of your kite path, which would eff your couch, so to speak...or...unless you're running with a pug that doesn't know to combine oozes properly and you're dealing with the 30% frenzy and getting overwhelmed by big oozes forming because your raid isn't moving in a timely fashion...you pretty much have an advantage to cleanse as soon as possible.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Kelaan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:35 pm

d503 wrote:
Serv wrote:I'm suprised people still used the grid+clique combination in times of VuhDo.

Mostly it's reticence to set up yet another mod that I already have configured to my liking :)

I tried Vuhdo when I was setting up my new UI. I could NOT get it cnofigured perfectly to my liking. Grid + GridStatusRaidDebuffs (or whatever it's called) is powerful, and also happens to have all the things fill in the right direction and so on that I like. I'm sure Vuhdo can do that too, but getting it to do so was a royal bitch, and never worked right for me. There were some other things that annoyed me, but which I cannot remember.
Kelaan

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel