Remove Advertisements

Stat Sniffer?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Stat Sniffer?

Postby Soulbreaker » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:10 am

Now that you can get your Heroic keys much sooner I want to know do any of you folk know of a mod that you can use in game that lets you check peoples +damage and +healing?

Eg, you invite a Warlock and a Holy Paladin to a Heroic SH run through LFG, you open the mod to find that the Warlock has only +500 Shadow Damage and the Paladin has only +800 Healing.

*kick, *kick.

Continue looking in LFG.

Doable at all? I really don't want to have to armoury people all the time.

Westfall makes my ass itch.
Soulbreaker

Postby DamnLag » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:17 am

Especially for those of us that don't have stupid fast computers.

Since there is a range check on inspecting someone, I don't believe this is remotely possible.

If I am wrong though, I would gladly have someone let me know. :D
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Postby Soulbreaker » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:52 am

D'oh range check!

Soulbreaker

Postby Igrado » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:22 pm

I suppose theoretically a genius could write an addon that would Armory them, but frankly, we all know how reliable armory is and how no one could possible afford to respec more than once or twice a year, or have more than one gear set...

yeah so even if it could be written, it would be terribly unreliable at best.

I could conceive of an addon like gatherer and guild calendar, where it would store a Database of people and synchronize with guildies or w/e... but that would be even less reliable and quite resource intensive.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:38 pm

It wouldn't be terribly difficult to use the titanbar bonusscanner module and adapt that to scan a target's gear instead of your own, but you'd still have to be within /inspect range.

It's a neat idea.

It shouldn't be possible to write a mod that would hit the armory, as that opens up all kinds of vectors of infection.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Puss » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:10 am

not completely accurate , but accurate enough : Examiner addon can do it for you.
Puss

Postby Igrado » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:43 am

Puss wrote:not completely accurate , but accurate enough : Examiner addon can do it for you.

Download here : http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/7933/
thanks, thats probably about as good as it gets right now, and looks to be a big help. (im going to set it up to inspect on mouseover, which the write-up said was possible :D)
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Soulbreaker » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:44 pm

Ohhh I have to check that out when I get home from work thanks.

Soulbreaker

Postby corc » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:01 pm

I've used wowequip for that a few times.

Lets you wear what they are wearing and gives you stats. It doesnt take into account talents though, so keep that in mind.

You could wear my healing stuff and only see 1600 +healing but really its 1900 because of the int->dam/healing and whatnot.

It also lets you put enchants and gems in your gear to see changes in overall stats like dodge and stamina, so I find it pretty nifty to pass the time with if I get bored and want to deck myself out in all T3 warrior stuff :P
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Makaijin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:12 pm

I wouldn't mind an addon that will automatically show another's paperdoll with all the stats etc like yourself when you inspect someone within inspect range. It most certainly saves me looking at each individual gear and working their +damage or +healing in my head all the time.
Makaijin

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros