Remove Advertisements

[Rogue-Mutt] General advice and Gear suggestions

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Rogue-Mutt] General advice and Gear suggestions

Postby dayhawke » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Hello, my character, Denag of Shadow Council(mutilate rogue 51/18/2) is seeking some advice and guidance on his futher development. Currently at work, and our "net nanny" blocks out EJ's sight and most others, so i thought i would ask here first. I will be replacing a good number of Denag's enchants tonight or very soon, such as Bezerker at least for his main hand dagger and the 44ap and 50ap for gloves and bracers. I also have some epic gems lined up to replace some of his lower level gems. I have seen conficting things on wether or not to gem ap or agi for mut builds? Also, i hear quite frequently that i should not gem for expertise, but to reach soft cap of 26? I see no other way. Currently i am at 26 or 27 on exp, with i think 2 exp gems. There are a few upgrades left for me in 5mans, but some of them start causing problems, ie the boots from hHoR. These are upgrades but at the cost of loseing more expertise. Not sure what exactly i am looking for guidance wise, but if anyone sees something other than what i listed that might help, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance
dayhawke

Re: [Rogue-Mutt] General advice and Gear suggestions

Postby blakk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:10 pm

the reason you don't gem for it is bc it's not as big a dps gain as other gems. the reason you want it on gear is bc it's easily available and doesn't replace the stats you want to gem for
blakk

Postby dayhawke » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:45 am

Well, when i got home, and looked at gear on wowhead, i realized where i had gone wrong. I passed up on getting the t9 helm seeing as i had already got a droped helm of the same ilvl. The t9 rogue helm has a good bit of expertise on it. The thought though i have now is if i change helms, get the expertise i need so that i dont have to use any gems for it, great, but then i loose dps stats from my current helm. So in the end, doesnt it equal out in a way? Gear with less expertise is going to have more dps stats than gear with it. I suppose i should just plug all of this into rawr or something like it, but i have just started using rawr and not completely figured it out yet.
dayhawke

Postby blakk » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:23 am

Expertise is a dps stat
blakk

Postby Argali » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:23 am

Try using the spreadsheet you can find on EJ. From what I've seen from a friend playing his rogue, your gemming and enchanting can change immensely from tier to tier, or just from 1-2 upgrades.
Argali

Postby Dakiros » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:53 pm

There is also a good java program one of the EJ folks wrote for those of us that aren't all that great with our excel fu.

http://code.google.com/p/idps/
Dakiros

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes