Remove Advertisements

Check my specs

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Check my specs

Postby Soam » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Hey All.
Looking for spec and glyph advice.
From my research it looks like the popular choice is to drop divinity and take divine sacrifice and divine guardian and seal of command. Those sound like reasonable suggestions, but I always thought Divinity's 5% healing boost outweighed those benefits.
This character is focused on ICC.
I don't intend to heal or dps, so I wouldn't mind setting up dual tanking specs.
Any suggestions?
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... am&group=1
Soam

Re: Check my specs

Postby blakk » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:47 pm

the reason divinity is lackluster is it usually ends up being overheal anyway.
that being said, ds/dg and crusade are amazing in icc. you should only need 1 point in spiritual attunement to keep your mana up so taking a point from there can get you a point to spend. glyph of sense undead should be one of your minor glyphs bc it works on just about every icc fight.
hope this helps :D
blakk

Postby Soam » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:14 pm

blakk wrote:the reason divinity is lackluster is it usually ends up being overheal anyway.
that being said, ds/dg and crusade are amazing in icc. you should only need 1 point in spiritual attunement to keep your mana up so taking a point from there can get you a point to spend. glyph of sense undead should be one of your minor glyphs bc it works on just about every icc fight.
hope this helps :D

Sounds good. Especially regarding the glyph, I used to have that glyph and didn't even realize I didnt have it anymore! thanks.
Dropping Divinity and 1 point of Spiritual Attunement gives me 6 points, I would need 7 points to fill DS/Dg/SoC and Crusade full up. Unless I leave DG 1/2 or Crusade 2/3
Soam

Postby blakk » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:54 pm

take a point out of conviction. it's our worst threat talent. i have just one point in it for my boss spec and that spec doesn't take soc so i'll probably end up swapping that too
blakk

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Divinity isn't as bad as it's often made out to be, thanks to the "new & improved" ICC encounter mechanics. It was crap when you would get 2-shot in back-to-back melee hits, but in ICC we're seeing far more "trickle-down" deaths where you receive a significant amount of healing.

That said, the problem with Divinity is that it's a very weak return. One percent for one talent point is an expensive trade (compare to Devotion Aura, which gives you 2% per point plus some armor).

Still, it's a question of survivability (Divinity) vs. threat (Crusade). If you're not having trouble holding aggro, trading points from Crusade for Divinity is perfectly reasonable. There are arguments for either side (more DPS = boss dies faster = fewer attacks/damage taken), but neither is really that much more compelling than the other.

DSac/DG is excellent though, and hard to pass up. A raid-wide mini shield wall helps on quite a few ICC encounters, and it's an additional 20% personal cooldown for the others.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby kysu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:16 pm

theckhd wrote:Divinity isn't as bad as it's often made out to be, thanks to the "new & improved" ICC encounter mechanics. It was crap when you would get 2-shot in back-to-back melee hits, but in ICC we're seeing far more "trickle-down" deaths where you receive a significant amount of healing.

That said, the problem with Divinity is that it's a very weak return. One percent for one talent point is an expensive trade (compare to Devotion Aura, which gives you 2% per point plus some armor).

Still, it's a question of survivability (Divinity) vs. threat (Crusade). If you're not having trouble holding aggro, trading points from Crusade for Divinity is perfectly reasonable. There are arguments for either side (more DPS = boss dies faster = fewer attacks/damage taken), but neither is really that much more compelling than the other.

DSac/DG is excellent though, and hard to pass up. A raid-wide mini shield wall helps on quite a few ICC encounters, and it's an additional 20% personal cooldown for the others.

Basically this.. I looked at your Amory and your 58/13 spec is basically standard. DS/DG is personal C/D and Raid save either way.. I would never not take it the way it works now. Back in early Toc and ulduar wouldn't catch me with it, because I would insta die the way it worked, I always was molesting a boss. It is great now though.
kysu

Return to Basic Training & Talents