Optimal gems?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Optimal gems?

Postby Kaigen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Greetings everybody,
I was wondering if there has been some research done to determine the optimal set for gems? For exemple, which gem should go which spot, when should we use a gem beside the 30 stam exactly? (For exemple, when my socket bonus is +9 stam or more, I follow the gems colors... Unless it has 3 gems, then I use 3 x 30 stam gems).

I have heard some people say that agi/stam was better than dodge/stam, some people says it is the other way around...

Could any1 point me where to find this kind of information if it has already been done?

Thanks! :)
Kaigen

Re: Optimal gems?

Postby Wrathy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Digren's Guide to Gemming and Enchanting has all the information you are looking for.

Yes Agi/Stam is better than Dodge/Stamn until a certain limit which was defined by Theck, however I left that link my my other pants...
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Chasey » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Wrathy wrote:Digren's Guide to Gemming and Enchanting has all the information you are looking for.

Yes Agi/Stam is better than Dodge/Stamn until a certain limit which was defined by Theck, however I left that link my my other pants...

^^ this!
Chasey

Postby Wrathy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Found the other pants?

Theckhd wrote:Agility gets weaker as you gain armor, finally dropping below 100% at around 42.6k armor (fully-buffed). Note that once we hit the armor cap (49905 armor fully-buffed), the armor contribution of agility is no longer giving us any benefit, so the value of agility drops back to the 83.1% value expected based on our agi->dodge conversion ratio.

You can find the full report here, or on the top menu under Guides -> Theorycraft -> Get the Hell out of Dodge.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Kaigen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks alot!! I started to play this winter and I did not know this page was still accurate ^^
Kaigen

Return to Basic Training & Talents