All You Can Eat Achievement

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

All You Can Eat Achievement

Postby Kihra » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Anyone done this yet? My 10-man group is down to just this and the vile spirit achievement.

I've heard that pets can get stacks and cause you to fail the achievement and am wondering if anyone can confirm this or not.

Does anyone have tips on how to handle the initial tank swap to avoid the MT getting too many stacks in P3?
Kihra

Re: All You Can Eat Achievement

Postby Argali » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:07 pm

As long as you drop your first frost beacon very near the tank, and your tanks know to watch for the Mystic Buffet pulse, you can switch tanks at 3/4 stacks.

Also, the achievement is being changed to 5, not 4 soon.
Argali

Postby Treck » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:38 pm

The only reason they change it to 5 is since they dont want ppl to say "you NEED a paladin" or whatever for this. Using BoP/Salv etc etc to swap tanks when you have to reset taunt DR.
With 5 stacks buffert, she should never go tauntimmune.
The first swap is the easiest, you place the block close to her head at the "right" distance. And have your OT hiding untill you get the 4th application, then you want to be really fast running to the block while the other tank taunts and turns back the boss.
What is possible but damn hard is to do that all the time, but we found it was getting frustrating since we fell behind on iceblocks not knowing what to kill and when.
Then we decided to swap at 3 instead, the tank tanking gets the 3rd one, then swapping (important that the other tank doesnt get an application when he gets the 3rd stack ofc) swap tanks, reset and keep up taunting at 3 (a good thing with iceblocks beeing left/right, is that always turn the boss to whatever side is closest, dont bother turning her back so shes in the "right" position at all times.
and with decent dps, you should only have to reset taunt DR twice.
All you need is a warrior :P
Treck

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:53 pm

It's painful, expecially for tanks. You basically have to place iceblocks very close to tanks (just outside of the iceblocking range), since very often a tank will have to run away with 4 stacks and get behind the block 1 second before another tick.

I totally agree with the nerf, since this way it's also a bit too RNG: more than once we got the pull-to-middle stuff right when I or the other tank was going to hide behind the block, result 5 stacks on one of us, gg.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:38 pm

There is no RNG in it, swap tanks at 3 instead, and you cant really fail.
Other "RNG" would be the offtank getting icetombed, seems the top ppl on threat cant be targeted, so we just had a fast taunt/taunt last time she lands so the other tank cant get targeted.
Treck

Postby Avengeance » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Treck wrote:There is no RNG in it, swap tanks at 3 instead, and you cant really fail.
Other "RNG" would be the offtank getting icetombed, seems the top ppl on threat cant be targeted, so we just had a fast taunt/taunt last time she lands so the other tank cant get targeted.

You sure about that? I remember I got iceblocked midway through P3 on 25 men (and I'd be 2nd on threat coz we tank swapped a few times already).
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Treck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 pm

I wouldnt say im 100% sure of the mechanics, but we had 4-5 times the OT getting the first icetomb when he didnt taunt. And never ever any problem with it after the dualtaunts.
Maybe a dps overaggroed him when he was resetting his stacks? making him nr3-4 on threat?
Im speaking of 10man, 25man maybe, but its also easy to bring in another tank if that would be so, since the size of the raid makes it easier to add another tank, than for 10man.
Treck

Postby Kihra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:43 am

Treck wrote:I wouldnt say im 100% sure of the mechanics, but we had 4-5 times the OT getting the first icetomb when he didnt taunt. And never ever any problem with it after the dualtaunts.
Maybe a dps overaggroed him when he was resetting his stacks? making him nr3-4 on threat?
Im speaking of 10man, 25man maybe, but its also easy to bring in another tank if that would be so, since the size of the raid makes it easier to add another tank, than for 10man.

My theory (completely untested) is that she might not tomb someone with Frost Breath stacks.
Kihra

Postby Meloree » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:45 am

Kihra wrote:
Treck wrote:I wouldnt say im 100% sure of the mechanics, but we had 4-5 times the OT getting the first icetomb when he didnt taunt. And never ever any problem with it after the dualtaunts.

My theory (completely untested) is that she might not tomb someone with Frost Breath stacks.

My bear OT has been tombed several times while tanking on both 10 and 25man. I can't guarantee that he had Frost Breath stacks at that point, but it's happened more than once as I was running back into position having reset my stacks. He wears a lot of FrR, like me, it's possible it only happens when he's resisted one or more frost breaths. But it feels pretty unlikely.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Meloree wrote:
Kihra wrote:

My bear OT has been tombed several times while tanking on both 10 and 25man. I can't guarantee that he had Frost Breath stacks at that point, but it's happened more than once as I was running back into position having reset my stacks. He wears a lot of FrR, like me, it's possible it only happens when he's resisted one or more frost breaths. But it feels pretty unlikely.

I've wiped on this fight many many many (did I mention many?) times now, and I have never been tombed while actively tanking the boss. That's really interesting.

We nearly got this achievement (tank stuff is sorted out... we just keep having random stupid DPS failures now), so I can share what we worked out on 10-man.

(1) The first tomb needs to go down close to the current MT. We usually face the dragon left with her side to the entrance (and tank her right where she lands following air phases). Therefore the tomb goes on the left side.

(2) The OT clears his stacks behind the tomb, then comes out to taunt. He then runs through the dragon to flip her, so that he'll be by the next tomb on the right side.

(3) If the OT is the one that gets tombed first, we have a DPS warrior throw on a shield and tank her with cooldowns running.

(4) After the OT taunts, the MT runs behind that first tomb also. Therefore the first tomb has to stay up longer than subsequent tombs. Once the MT clears his stacks, then that first tomb can be killed. He comes out and flips the dragon back to the left again.

(5) Tanks just alternate going behind tombs on their respective sides and flip her on each taunt transition.

(6) Sindragosa will go taunt immune if tanks are changing rapidly. With a paladin as one of the tanks, you have Hand of Protection, bubble and Salv all available to use as tools to get around taunt DR.
Kihra

Postby Morganim » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:15 am

When taunt is on DR, does mocking blow still work as its a fixate or is it counted as a taunt effect ?

never actually needed to test it before
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 pm

As far as i know fixates, despite not being taunts, get affected by the DR.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Worldie wrote:As far as i know fixates, despite not being taunts, get affected by the DR.

Yeah, I know Distracting Shot, which is also a fixate, definitely doesn't work on mobs that have been taunted into immunie DR, and I think (although I haven't timed it) also have their fixate duration reduced on mobs that are under DR but not yet fully immune.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Araiken » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Hey, can someone refresh me on when Taunt goes on to DR and how long we need for it to get off of DR. Thanks
Araiken

Postby Avengeance » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:44 pm

15 secs no taunting will reset the DR.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel