Glyph of Holy Wrath

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Glyph of Holy Wrath

Postby HrodHerich » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Sorry if this is not in the right forum.

Anyway... Glyph of Holy Wrath. I've seen this glyph has started appearing on the glyph tabs of some of the top tanks that we like to inspect in order to drool at their gear. Is there any specific logic behind using it to replace Glyph of HotR(a specific boss fight, maybe?), besides the obvious? Also, how would it be useful to me as an OT in 25-man ICC over Glyph of HotR?
HrodHerich

Re: Glyph of Holy Wrath

Postby Zobel » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Glyph of HotR is trash-fighting glyph. Glyph of Holy Wrath is an undead-trash-fighting glyph. If you're prot/prot dual spec and have a dedicated trash spec, then get them both (dropping Glyph of SoV). If you can only get one, then get HotR.
Zobel

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 am

Glyph of HW is useful on several ICC boss fights, while Glyph of HotR is not.

On LK it is valuable for P1 Horror stunning (they enrage and deal loads of damage, so you want to stun them) and for interrupting frostbolt volley casts and other things on Valrithia.

It was also invaluable at Anub'arak 25 hc.

The Glyph is taken for the stun on HW, not the dps, and it's not really worth it for trash.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorianloken » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 am

Boyfriend wrote:The Glyph is taken for the stun on HW, not the dps, and it's not really worth it for trash.

That is rather subjective. Interrupting the trash casters in ICC, positioning adds, or when single-tanking the ICC trash in 10-man.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Boyfriend » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:02 am

Vorianloken wrote:
Boyfriend wrote:The Glyph is taken for the stun on HW, not the dps, and it's not really worth it for trash.

That is rather subjective. Interrupting the trash casters in ICC, positioning adds, or when single-tanking the ICC trash in 10-man.

What I meant was that I just don't find it worth it to glyph specifically for trash, but then I am one of those tanks that thinks half the raid dying on a trash pull is perfectly acceptable as long as trash ends up dead. I am not denying any correlation.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorianloken » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:58 am

Boyfriend wrote:
Vorianloken wrote:

What I meant was that I just don't find it worth it to glyph specifically for trash, but then I am one of those tanks that thinks half the raid dying on a trash pull is perfectly acceptable as long as trash ends up dead. I am not denying any correlation.

I love using it on cooldown :) ker-blam holy magic slap to the face
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Return to Basic Training & Talents