Remove Advertisements

Divine Shield / Divine Sacrifice /' Hand of Sacrifice Macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Divine Shield / Divine Sacrifice /' Hand of Sacrifice Macro

Postby sherck » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 am

Help !! :D

(First of all, I raid as Holy so I need the Divine Shield to block the redirected damage)

I have a 2 push macro now that casts Divine Shield on push #1 and Divine Sacrifice on push #2. It has a reset = 12 in there to make sure I don't cast Divine Sacrifice without the shield.

I was thinking last night that I don't use Hand of Sacrifice very much and need to use it more.

Can someone help me with a macro that does the following:

1. Casts Divine Shield on the first button push
2. Casts Divine Sacrifice on the second button push
3. Says in /ra at the same time as Divine Sacrifice ===12 sec RaidWall ===
4. Casts Hand of Sacrifice on my Focus target on the third button push
5. Has a reset = 12 to make sure I don't redirect damage onto myself when I don't have Divine Shield available

The above is assuming that Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice stack. Is that a valid assumption.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
sherck

Re: Divine Shield / Divine Sacrifice /' Hand of Sacrifice Macro

Postby Racerover » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 pm

sherck wrote:Help !! :D

(First of all, I raid as Holy so I need the Divine Shield to block the redirected damage)

I have a 2 push macro now that casts Divine Shield on push #1 and Divine Sacrifice on push #2. It has a reset = 12 in there to make sure I don't cast Divine Sacrifice without the shield.

I was thinking last night that I don't use Hand of Sacrifice very much and need to use it more.

Can someone help me with a macro that does the following:

1. Casts Divine Shield on the first button push
2. Casts Divine Sacrifice on the second button push
3. Says in /ra at the same time as Divine Sacrifice ===12 sec RaidWall ===
4. Casts Hand of Sacrifice on my Focus target on the third button push
5. Has a reset = 12 to make sure I don't redirect damage onto myself when I don't have Divine Shield available

The above is assuming that Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice stack. Is that a valid assumption.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

I personally have not used a macro like that since 3.1. They changed the way that DS works in that it's two different buffs now. One which transfers damage to you from your party only (10 seconds) and the other that reduces all raid damage taken by 20% (6 seconds).

I think most use the following:

#show
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/in 0.5 /script CancelUnitBuff("player","Divine Sacrifice")

You can add a message underneath if you desire as well. This will automatically cast DS and get rid of the damage YOU take from others portion. I hope this helps, but I could be way off understanding what you're needs are. ;)

EDIT: Also, DS and HoS do NOT stack.
Racerover

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 pm

If you're Holy, and have that DShield CD available, DivSac provides a larger damage reduction. So yeah, you could just RaidWall, or you could burn your Shield and provide the damage redirect also. That's what he's going for.

Have you tried a castsequence macro? /castsequence [reset=12] Divine Shield, Divine Sacrifice, Hand of Sacrifice I think is how it goes? I couldn't say how to work in your focus target since I never use them, but I know it'd work on your regular target.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Code: Select all
#showtooltip divine shield
/castsequence [reset=12]divine shield, divine sacrifice, [target=focus]hand of sacrifice

maybe? i've never used a target in a cast sequence but the hand of sacrifice would only be usefull if the focus wasn't in your group to begin with. I thought they made the redirected damage bypass divine shield with the change or am i mistaken?
blakk

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros