Remove Advertisements

Blessing of Salvation

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Blessing of Salvation

Postby Soam » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:47 am

Hey guys. got a question maybe a bit of a nooby one but can't figure it out.

Today I pugged ICC group and they kept asking for blessing of salvation. I told them I didn't have it and they booted me.
I was under the impression Blessing of Salvation was removed from the game. Am I wrong? Were they asking for something else and we got our signals mixed up?
Soam

Re: Blessing of Salvation

Postby Vorianloken » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:30 am

If people are asking for the "Blessing" in ICC then they are most likely idiots. We have not had the Blessing in the game for a year and a half.

We have Hand of Salvation which is essentially the same thing but instead of a long-term buff it's a short-term buff (10s duration and 2min cd iirc).
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:44 am

That's kind of a dick move.

Were they asking for it as a buff? Or during fights?

It's been changed to HAND of Salvation, but many people still call it "Blessing" (or just "Salv"). Much like everyone still calls Hand of Protection "BoP."

If they were asking for it as a buff, pre-fights, they were simply not up to date on paladin spells and just TELLING them that would have sufficed.

If they were asking for it during combat, they were being 100% legit about it and you look kinda dumb for not knowing your own spells and booting them because of it.
Invisusira

Postby Vorianloken » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 am

Invis.. I think there is a slight misunderstanding here...

The way I read the OP, HE was kicked from the raid because he didn't have Blessing of Salvation.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:49 am

Ah. Yes, I misread that.

Yeahhh, that's retarded.
Invisusira

Postby Soam » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:23 am

They weren't asking for it during fights. They were asking for it at the entrance, as a buff. I know about hand of salvation but I'd never heard of blessing of salv until they were asking for it and booted me then I had to google it.

On top of that, they were being really condescending and elitist about it. Ah well.
Soam

Postby Vorianloken » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:35 am

Next time make your own raid :)

Vorianloken

Postby Preetie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:03 am

probably meant blessing of sanctuary
Preetie

Postby Vorianloken » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:13 am

Preetie wrote:probably meant blessing of sanctuary

not so sure about that....

Vorianloken

Return to Basic Training & Talents