Remove Advertisements

Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rhî » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:21 am

I've done it the last month without any FR gear, just activated FR-Aura. It's working, but with bad luck you achieve a lot of damage in a short time. And that way you are stressing your healers a lot. Makes you not very popular.

I will go back to FR-Gear next week.
Rhî

Postby Cakes » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:58 pm

Same thing here Rhi. I forgot my FR in the bank last week, and noticed a substantial increase in the amount of damage I was taking. When it gets to the point that I look at a parse and see that I'm taking a little less damage than the MT, there's something I'm doing wrong.
Cakes

Postby Zzyzzx » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:03 pm

Infernals...

So, I kept trying to Exorcise/HolyWrath, Taunt, AS the infernals, but I can't pull them off the NPC's...

Taunt doesn't work, either. I notice if npc's are on something.... my taunt does not work, and prot warrior was having the same issue last night...

I assume this is normal?

Do you normally have the npc's out during this fight?

How do you deal with it? I see that exorcism is good, yet, nothing I was trying was working...
Zzyzzx

Postby Drfeelgood » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:39 am

Zzyzzx wrote:Infernals...

So, I kept trying to Exorcise/HolyWrath, Taunt, AS the infernals, but I can't pull them off the NPC's...

Taunt doesn't work, either. I notice if npc's are on something.... my taunt does not work, and prot warrior was having the same issue last night...

I assume this is normal?

How do you deal with it? I see that exorcism is good, yet, nothing I was trying was working...

Druid and warrior taunt work fine on NPC-tanked mobs but paladin taunt doesn't because it's only usable on targets in your party/raid as far as I can tell. Kind of annoying but I just call out on vent for a warrior or drood to taunt something and promptly taunt it off them. Works perfectly fine, especially if mobs get stuck on npcs on the pull.
Drfeelgood - Blood Elf - Sargeras
<The Mighty Oxen>
Drfeelgood

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:30 am

Actually u can taunt any friendly target that you can buff. Since you cannot buff/heal the NPCs, u can't taunt off them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jaw » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:07 am

how much fr should i have if i want to tank the infernals? guild ask me to dps on this fight and then laugh at my 300dps ><
Jaw

Postby Cakes » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:52 am

I wear about 250 or so. Seems to mitigate a hefty amount of damage and I still shell out loads of threat.
Cakes

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:13 am

Jaw wrote:how much fr should i have if i want to tank the infernals? guild ask me to dps on this fight and then laugh at my 300dps ><

I've done with 0 and capped.

Basically less than 250ish means u will take a LOT of damage. If you can just cap it with the badge gear + random greenies you can easily tank them.

You will still need 2-300ish spelldamage
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zzyzzx » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:42 pm

Drfeelgood wrote:
Zzyzzx wrote:Infernals...

I assume this is normal?

Druid and warrior taunt work fine on NPC-tanked mobs but paladin taunt doesn't because it's only usable on targets in your party/raid as far as I can tell. Kind of annoying but I just call out on vent for a warrior or drood to taunt something and promptly taunt it off them. Works perfectly fine, especially if mobs get stuck on npcs on the pull.

Hmm, our Prot Warrior and Druid Tank are having the same issue, their taunts don't work on the infernals if the npc's are on them. I guess the real solution is to ensure a hunter, or me, or infernal tank gets them the second they pop.
Zzyzzx

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:50 pm

The taunt works but the NPCs generate a non-negligible amount of aggro, they often menage to get mobs off me even.

Being a Tankadin is very good for picking infernals, cause u can just press Exorcism and have their attention from 30 yd, while a druid/war will have to charge in to pick em :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:32 pm

We're going into hyjal for first time tonight and it looks as if i will be the infernal tank if we get onto anethron which i assume we will due to everyone laughing at winterchill.

Question is should i be grabbing a bunch of green FR gear as all i have atm is the 24FR neck i got from something (dont remember jsut found it in bank lol) or should i just go in normal tanking gear.

Im working on the badge FR gear but after just blowing 75 badges on the chest im down to about 4 or 5 :(
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:56 pm

Stack as much FR as you can without gimping your HP and avoidance too much, is the best hint i can give you.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cylan » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:34 pm

I tanked the infernals without FR and did fine. I probably took more damage than I needed to, but with good raid positioning you can have two dedicated healers topping you off.
Cylan

Postby Lrdsoth » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:31 pm

You guys are suggesting 250 FR for the Infernals. Is that before or after FR aura is added?

I have lost a bit of avoidance due to wearing the FR, and I'm thinking that isn't as much of an issue. How important is Defense cap in this fight? And also what would be considered as good in the hp department?

As of right now in my FR gear I have:
244 FR (not counting aura)
467 Defense
13767 hp (unbuffed)
Last edited by Lrdsoth on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lrdsoth

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:27 pm

The ideal is 250 before aura.

However anything beyond 200 is fine. I tank those with like 300 FR buffed and am perfectly fine.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal